It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something from Nothing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by suomichris

Taking into account the area of potentialality, there has to be something for it to have potential. With quantum theory just now starting to become interesting, i think that it will awaken the spiritual side and will be able to answer many questions regarding it. What i am saying is that if God made the Universe using the Laws, then science will soon learn how by discovering new Laws in quantum theory for the basic instruction of sub-atomic particles.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by suomichris

See that is it. We speak of spirituality with undetermined value. Remember the ancients were very spiritual. May we need a more scientific term in order to think of it differently. It is something real, because how do we explain the mind and thoughts. Is it biology? Or is it the doorway with which the physical realm and another dimension(scientific term for spiritual realm) share information through. There has to be new studies performed with scientific analysis. And when we cannot explain what happened we should not throw it aside and forget it. We should purge deeper into the study as we do with the physical realm.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

So then by your answer you would be inclined to believe what?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
bing bang has been replaced by big bounce. not something from nothing. just everything condensed into a very small singularity that expanded into what we know now and will continue to expand (theoretically) until it reaches an apex and then condenses back into a singularity and then another big ang and so on.

as far as something from nothing, it is simply not possible within reasoning of today's science. you can get matter out of energy, and visa versa, but something must be changed into something else. that is one thing i can say tha MOND has right.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

then how did the singularity come to be?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

thats the question. see we can not be sure as to where it comes from.

we do know interestingly enough, that a single particle does not have a quantifyable value of any means without being observed. (i know i am not sayin it PERFECT).

there are many theories out there, and to identify with any of them requires us to 1: realize how infantasably insignificant our existance is, and 2: imagine quantities and periods much much longer than most are comfortable accepting as possible, or better yet, probable.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So then, to have something it has to be observed?

I think that is one great discovery.

For something to exist it has to be observed. Very fundamental really. Maybe we have an internal source of some kind that automatically observes our known range of knowledge. Hmmm. If we could somehow stimulate that source by certain ways say, Meditation, prayer, electricity, isolation,...ect, you know what i mean. Then perhaps we could become fully aware of our current unknown knowledge. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Oh i also disagree with the insignificant part. There is a purpose. We just have to find it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I would have to say after serious consideration that yes you must be able to get something from nothing or there would be nothing there/here.There could be many different explanations as to how something came into existence but somehow sometime it/this had to have started from nothing.........

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

2: imagine quantities and periods much much longer than most are comfortable accepting as possible, or better yet, probable.
could you please explain what you mean in more detail?I am inclined to think the exact opposite it is more about a single occurrence where something originated from nothing in a millisecond.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

But in order to start, there has to be something to start it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Ok. Let state this mathematically. What is the probability that something came from nothing.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

start it from what?????????????? edit: nothing

[edit on 14-7-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

When i say insignificant, please do not take that to mean that human existance itself is insignificant. I mean to say that compared to the overall scheme of things in the universe, your life, while serving a purpose plays no immediate role in the development of the universe as a whole. For example, it is akin to a pawn piece in a chess game in a room in a house in a city in a state and so on. while the peice certainly is important to the chess game and to those who are playing it, the piece has little to do with how the overall city continues its daily circumstance. And for those of you who are undoubtably about to interject here (and there will be a few who dont read this and will interject anyway) I am fully aware and a firm believer in the chaos theory and how "well if that piece is moved wrong and the man loses the game and gets upset and goes on a killing spree across the state that pawn peice will seem pretty important! I know... lol)

The problem is this. We are not currently able to entertain a conjuction of both chaoticists and destinists. :p So when i make a comment like insignificant, it is in reference to the whole frame and not a closed frame of reference

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Exactly my question. What started it. It had to be something. Unless Eternal is the answer. Never had a start and will never have a stop.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I don't know what your getting at, like how can you add 0+0+0+0=1 I can't
nor can I prove anything I said.I was just offering my opinion an unworthy one at that.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

LOL. Well said. Life goes on right? But......yeah here it comes lol. All it takes is one insignificant event to take place to change the world, to reveal answers. Maybe nothing is as insignificant as it seems.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I am simply offering my argument as to why your argument is not right. That is all. No ill will intended.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I hope you get my meaning ,in order for there to be something, way back in the beginning or one split second ago(whose to say we weren't created with full memory's up to the exact point we came into existence)it had to of "started" from nothing.edit: No offense taken and none meant

[edit on 14-7-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

2: imagine quantities and periods much much longer than most are comfortable accepting as possible, or better yet, probable.
could you please explain what you mean in more detail?I am inclined to think the exact opposite it is more about a single occurrence where something originated from nothing in a millisecond.

certainly.

Trying to imagine what exactly was on the fringe of the singularity at the point of the initial bang of this bounce. what was there? aether? void? vacuum?edges of other dimensions? In reference to the big bang it is not the singularity that is so hard to imagine, although a marble sized bit of matter that weighs the same as all the matter in the universe is certainly a stretch for the imagination, it is more uncomfortable to identify with the possible vast void of....

the fact is that we dont really know for sure, and as scientists, we must fill the gaps of our equations and theories and ideas with imagined bits of information that are within certain guidelines called "laws of physics". Unfortunately we cant be certain that our reference laws hold true universally. For instance we know that laws of conduction and electromagnetism change at super cooled temperatures as described by the late and wonderful Feynman.

But even more fun to imagine is this... It is possible that our universe is without boundary, and without defined edge, a true representation of infinite. Thus in infinity, everything that can be imagined, no matter how far out the idea, has exactly 100% chance of existing. perhaps even the OP's so searched for "nothing"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join