It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by pasttheclouds

I have to agree with parts of both of your arguments.

Historically, Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have their roots in a belief in the same God, the God of Abraham. So I agree with that part of the argument.

But I also agree that Christians have added Christ to their religion, and Muslims have added Mohammad to their religion, and as a result, the religions have diverged significantly from each other and from Judaism.

So while the religions and the beliefs now differ significantly, a valid point, I don't see how this invalidates that the original God of all 3 religions is the same God.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

If you believe He is the same God, then you have to believe that same God sent His only Son as a ransom for our sins. Do other faiths beside Christianity believe that? It's black and white, even though I know the fad of the day is to believe God is whatever you want him to be; if you find God in the alter to a boy with blue skin, it's all good these days. These are signs of the times. There is one God, and the only way to Him is thru His Son, the Bible makes this clear.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I believe you are talking about the radical muslims that want to kill everyone else, not the everyday muslims that do follow the right teachings. Big big difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
There is one God

Which one would that be, the Father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit?

I was talking about the Father and you're talking about the Son so it seems like there's more than one God in that trilogy?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I used to be Christian fundie and attended three days a week.

But then I got some money, got ripped off by a Christian con man that my church recommend to me. I was trying to do right with the money and help others.

www.swindledforjesus.com...

Thankfully knowing the bible as well as I do made my departure from the faith a bit easy. All it took was the correct information presented to me about how the bible is a fraud taken from other sources that I could see the *real light* and depart from the 'faith'.

The church is nothing but a way to control people and make money at the same time.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Well, in any middle eastern country the death law for abandoning Islam exists. I don't know, are they radical? To them it is just the way things are. Even muslims who come to the US have killed their family members for leaving the faith. It is pretty cut and dry really.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Almost every religion in this world has a radical side to it, set up by those who can not get along with the main body of the group.

That in no way means you lump them all together under the same banner.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Excellent, Jesus of Nazerath and Mohammad both are Humans and therefor should not be idolised.

Religion was fabricated to divide people, humans should not be praised over the Good One or any higher being for that matter.

Oh and again, Jesus of Nazerath was not the Christ nor should he be praised as anyone significant other than a musician playing the music that was written and composed for him.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
One thing christians seem to forget is that at the end of the gospels Jeebuz PHYSICALLY flies up into the sky in front of everyone. So he's going to Heaven and he's gonna fly there. Okay, so far so good... right?

But even if he was traveling at the speed of light he still wouldn't even be a quarter of the way across our galaxy yet. (Insert rimshot here)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

Great. when is that going to happen?

-rrr

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

----

remember the word 'delusion, biggest ever'
don't be to fast in conclusions, never.
doubt is salvation for both religion as science.
the day you know, you are or truth or god, or they are the same, you are both.

until then doubt is salvation, it means growth.
The bible only speaks growth: Moses - Elijah - Elisha - Jesus

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasttheclouds
the nice thing about a slavemaster, is that once he can set you
free in slavery...making your desires one with him,
so you can't offend him and actually become him.

So, being yourself and separate as an individual is less preferable than succumbing to a slave master and letting his feelings and will be YOURS.

i wonder the contrast with a person as jesus,
going to prostitutes, dining with 'sin' full people,
would he say 'accept my name, the name is jesus'
or would he say 'forgive me, i am one with life, forgive life,
because i know life hurts you, but it's for a reason,
and once you will come home and become a slave of freedom'

Slavery means obedience and deference, it is the opposite of Freedom. You cannot both be a slave and be free, the most deluded of all mankind are they who believe themselves to be free when they are actually slaves.

or would he say, condemnation is what you'll get,
you lazy sinners.

Jesus talked love, the quran talks love, logic talks love.

So, you recognize you are a slave and are outright saying that obedience to the slave master is good and you think people should prefer it.

Riiiight.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUTERMILCH

WAIT! Say it isn't so!! You're saying the church is a form of Slavery that forces slavery on others with a smile, a wink and a nod?

Tell me you aren't saying that EXtianity is the religion that promotes the strangulation of the self for the pleasing of the Slave Master!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What I find so ironic is that ATS people are the very ones that sit here and enjoy/buy into ufos, 911 truth, human railroad cars, or discuss other strange theories - yet these very same people are the ones that will seek out the Christian threads to post sarcastic comments.

But that only proves that most of these people probably believe in God and the Bible, but choose to put up a facade that they don't - thinking that if they debunk God, they won't have to be held accountable for their sins.

If it wasn't so serious this would be funny.

Again, if a tsunami is coming at you, but right before it reaches your feet, you cry out "But I don't believe in tsunamis!!!".

You're still gonna get mowed down.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
What I find so ironic is that ATS people are the very ones that sit here and enjoy/buy into ufos, 911 truth, human railroad cars, or discuss other strange theories - yet these very same people are the ones that will seek out the Christian threads to post sarcastic comments.

But that only proves that most of these people probably believe in God and the Bible, but choose to put up a facade that they don't - thinking that if they debunk God, they won't have to be held accountable for their sins.

If it wasn't so serious this would be funny.

Again, if a tsunami is coming at you, but right before it reaches your feet, you cry out "But I don't believe in tsunamis!!!".

You're still gonna get mowed down.

Except that you can visually verify a tsunami heading toward you.
A story written by Bronze-Age cavemen... not so much.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Hello Angus, I'm new here so take it easy on me, but you say you don't believe anything unless you see it, well have you ever seen 1 billion dollars in cash? I assume not. Does that mean it's not real. I have never seen God, but I have felt his power, his love through Christ. Just give Jesus a try. You will feel as if a thousand pounds was lifted off your back

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFKNOLEG74

Hello Angus, I'm new here so take it easy on me, but you say you don't believe anything unless you see it, well have you ever seen 1 billion dollars in cash? I assume not. Does that mean it's not real. I have never seen God, but I have felt his power, his love through Christ. Just give Jesus a try. You will feel as if a thousand pounds was lifted off your back

A question for you. You say that you have felt his power through Christ.....this I understand. By why does he have to give Jesus a try? I mean, what does feeling the power of God through the Christ consciousness bring on a need for giving Jesus a try?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ah, but I didn't say I don't believe in anything I can't see. You said I don't believe in anything I don't see.
My point is the Bible says much but proves nothing. People accept it on faith. The trouble is they confuse their BELIEFS with facts.

Now a wall of water rolling up on my narrow rump... In that situation I don't need faith to know I'm screwed, lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Religion was fabricated and created to divide people.

It is easy to guide one into portraying themselves as something greater, and have many spread the word of that person, just as your doing now "Just give Jesus a try", one of the greatest tools to divide people.

Do not worship a Human over the Good One, there should be no Human intervention, it is on a personal level.

A core of truth floating in a sea of perversions.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Oh, I believe in a god.

I just think you mouthbreathing, sycophantic, hypocritical, naive, slavery proponents are a bunch of jackholes who are incapable of actually having a valid opinion because you're hatred for the world and your love of yourself get in the way of being a real person.

Honestly, I could program a bot that could just as accurately troll message boards as your sort do... because it takes no THOUGHT.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join