It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Isaiah 53, about the suffering servant, is a good one too. Although, I suppose that they do look at that one and say that Israel is the suffering servant who is bearing the sins of the world. At least, that's what I read somewhere once.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I am amazed that every supposed inaccuracy or inconsistency can be explained through logic and reason, scriptures and can be harmonized.

The Bible is without a doubt inertant even if parts of it don't make sense to us in how we assume the world to be.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
But, the homosexual movement is an instrument firmly in the hands I Satan. It is pure evil. It is seekin to silence the gospel and nothing is more vile than that agenda.

Oh, if I found a Genie and only got one wish, it would be that Christianity, once and for all, beyond a doubt, no question about it, be proven a [HOAX]!!! It has nothing to do with homosexuality, or that fictional being Satan used to scare the flock like the ultimate Boogeyman, it has to do with the hateful nature of way too many of it's flock of sheeple! It has to do with the way they try to infect the rest of us with their hate!

Oh what a happy day that would be! Full of Rainbows and Sunshine and Bunnies and Puppies!!!

[edit on 14-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

How is it hateful to hate sin? Sin should be hated.

link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
The Bible makes it clear that it's a sin - that is why I don't, and won't, accept it as "normal".

My kids go to the same schools as gay couples' kids so it is my business. Homosexuality is of satan - it's one more tool that he uses to steer people away from God.

I don't hate gay people - but I'm certainly not going to advocate for them or their 'rights'. Not when I know it to be wrong.

Okay, fine. Then I demand that my beliefs be taught in public schools as well. Namely, that religion, especially Christianity, is a blight on humankind, and must be eradicated through education.

Sorry, I just can't sit by and watch this being taught to children, not when I know it to be wrong.

link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

If I were committing adultery I would expect you to not accept that as 'normal'........ same thing with homosexuality. Just because I don't accept it as 'normal' doesn't mean that I'm looking down on anyone. They are both sins in God's eyes.

The Bible instructs us to steer clear of sin - so people shouldn't expect Christians to hit the streets in support of their cause/agenda.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by Evangelical
But, the homosexual movement is an instrument firmly in the hands I Satan. It is pure evil. It is seekin to silence the gospel and nothing is more vile than that agenda.

Oh, if I found a Genie and only got one wish, it would be that Christianity, once and for all, beyond a doubt, no question about it, be proven a [HOAX]!!! It has nothing to do with homosexuality, or that fictional being Satan used to scare the flock like the ultimate Boogeyman, it has to do with the hateful nature of way too many of it's flock of sheeple! It has to do with the way they try to infect the rest of us with their hate!

Oh what a happy day that would be! Full of Rainbows and Sunshine and Bunnies and Puppies!!!

I will keep my eye out for that lamp...

Honestly, though, I truly think that, even if you had incontrovertible evidence that the bible was a hoax, most Christians would go right on believing... As you said, sheeple...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Jews say because a pluraltive is used in reference of the Trinity it actually refers to Israel. But the same pronoun is clearly use to refer to the Messiah. Yet another example I picking and choosing scripture to deny Christ by the Jews.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by suomichris

Homosexuality isn't the "norm" in society - didn't you say 'get with the times'?

So get with the idea that society isn't ever going to accept gay as being normal.

You can protest, scream and yell but you can't force (Christian or others) people to accept a sin as normal.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Absum!

The OP wasn't referring to his second coming, but his first. It involves the 70 weeks of Daniel, which I mentioned earlier in this thread.

So the first one wasn't really the first one??? Jesus was a fraud??? Don't tease!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Ditto. I want my beliefs taught as well. All people are equal and are all a part of an all encompassing sentient universe where the infinite diversity of existance is but a means for acquiring knowledge and self-realization...

wow, that made a whole lot more sense in my head before I wrote it down.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I truly think that, even if you had incontrovertible evidence that the bible was a hoax, most Christians would go right on believing... As you said, sheeple...

Maybe people that view Christianity as a cultural thing would just go on. But if Christianity could be proven a hoax or false, at least I, wouldn't keep on believing. It'd be pointless. I'd be living a lie. I'd bet that many other Christians that take the faith seriously, if it could be proven false, wouldn't keep blindly believing.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

I'd never heard that before about the Jews thinking that the plurality in the Old Testament was referring to Israel. I'll have to remember that for my future biblical studies.

link   

Originally posted by Creedo
Christianity -

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

....yeeeaaaaaaa.... no thanks.

I have never heard Christianity described quite this way... Can't dispute the accuracy of any part of it... Creedo, I think I love you!

link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Homosexuality isn't the "norm" in society - didn't you say 'get with the times'?

So get with the idea that society isn't ever going to accept gay as being normal.

You can protest, scream and yell but you can't force (Christian or others) people to accept a sin as normal.

The "get with the times" comment was not about homosexuality as such, but rather about getting rid of nonsense like "sin," that oh-so-magical and invisible soulular blemish.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

No, as I've said, Jesus' first coming was his first, and his second is his second. The first was foretold by Daniel's 70 Weeks. His second comes when the 70th week is finished.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Paul says if Christianity were not true, if Christ were not risen from the dead, then all this is stupid and in vain.

But Christianity is incontrovertibly true and to deny this truth is to be a Sheeple.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Yeah, and it used to be "normal" to kill people in front of a live audience for entertainment. It also used to be normal to own slaves. And there were Christian leaders who found a way to make the bible say it was all right and good and proper.

Societal norms are anything but normal. They are fads based on perceptions. People are becoming much more aware that there is nothing unnatural about homosexuality and it is rapidly becoming a non-issue to everyone except those who cannot accept that they might not be right.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

I truly think that, even if you had incontrovertible evidence that the bible was a hoax, most Christians would go right on believing... As you said, sheeple...

Maybe people that view Christianity as a cultural thing would just go on. But if Christianity could be proven a hoax or false, at least I, wouldn't keep on believing. It'd be pointless. I'd be living a lie. I'd bet that many other Christians that take the faith seriously, if it could be proven false, wouldn't keep blindly believing.

Or, you'd just adjust your beliefs. "Oh, ok, well Jesus never actually lived, but the story, the point of his story, is still true." Or, "Well, even though we KNOW god doesn't exist, there is still profound meaning in here that came form somewhere and can help us lead a better left." Or etc. This is what Christians have always done in the face of demonstrable challenges to their faith...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i've always wondered about this anti-gay christian twist.
if the passages in the old test. are accurate, and should be followed. what about the rest of mosaic law?
i hear no push to cut off the hands of woman who touch their husbands enemy's private parts in defense.
some of these laws are quite twisted in my opinion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join