It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by FiatLux

It sounds as if you haven't read the Bible or you wouldn't hold those beliefs.

You should read it - God doesn't want any of His children to perish, but makes it clear what they must do in order to receive salvation - and the consequences of those that don't.

But there will be those that will reject Him - because of their stubborn and prideful ways.

I don't think there is a third choice - it's either God or satan.

Your choice of course.

"It sounds as if you haven't read the Bible or you wouldn't hold those beliefs."

Oh....I wouldn`t? Just between you , me and those who THINK they know me....., I have read the Bible.

"God doesn't want any of His children to perish, but makes it clear what they must do in order to receive salvation - and the consequences of those that don't"

Who is going to perish? You make it sound like once you leave the flesh, it`s all over. Your God and mine must be two different things. You see, my God doesn`t condemn, or place consequences on his children. Ever heard of a loving God? Well, that`s mine.

"I don't think there is a third choice - it's either God or satan."

Isn`t that so easy? My meaning by that is..............many like to place the blame on an outside force, instead of facing up to their own responsibilities for their actions.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Hmm I'm not sure if you and I have read the same Bible then.

The King James Holy Bible says that you must receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior in order to enter Heaven. Those that reject Him will be condemned to hell.

I would think that condemnation to hell would fall under
a 'consequence'?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

reply to post by FiatLux

Hmm I'm not sure if you and I have read the same Bible then.

The King James Holy Bible says that you must receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior in order to enter Heaven. Those that reject Him will be condemned to hell.

I would think that condemnation to hell would fall under
a 'consequence'?

I`d love to have a nickel for each time I`m told that, i`d be rich. Have you ever trid to read between the lines when reading a book?

Where is the best place to find God? Answer that for me please.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

FiatLux its plain and clear in the bible about those that don't choose God. The bible is clear about judgment day. And its clear for what happen to those that don't believe. They die in their sins. For there will be weeping and ganashing of teeth. If you read the bible for what it means then you do know that God puini#h those that are evil.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
reply to post by FiatLux

FiatLux its plain and clear in the bible about those that don't choose God. The bible is clear about judgment day. And its clear for what happen to those that don't believe. They die in their sins. For there will be weeping and ganashing of teeth. If you read the bible for what it means then you do know that God puini#h those that are evil.

What is plain and clear, is the fact that way to many people take each word of the Bible literally, that, is the sad part. If you were to read the Bible for what it is really saying, you would understand.

When did a loving God ever punish anyone by throwing then into hell? That my good man, is not loving by any way shape or form.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Angus123

If believers didn't care about the non believers, we would all just sit back, keep silent and let them continue on to condemnation.

Think about that, Angus.

Rubbish. If that were true there would be much more harmony in the world.
Christians need "sinners" in order to feel superior.
And shoving your beliefs down the whole worlds throat is the goal.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Idolatry: God comes second

delusion was promised,
the most important sayings of jesus,
god himself said everything is his body.

judge something, judge god/life
forgive something, forgive god/life

[edit on 27-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

The best place to find God is on your knees - and in your heart. BUT........ you have to seek Him first. He doesn't force Himself upon anyone - free will and choice, remember.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

God has never thrown anyone into hell... as hell as you know it doesnt even exist yet... all souls are resting until the day of judgement, hell, even satan isn't in hell, he is in a bottomless pit

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

See, that's how *you* perceive it to be - which doesn't make it fact, by the way.

I don't feel superior to anyone, period - and certainly never to God or Jesus.

IF what you were saying were true, wouldn't the believers be coming on these forums saying things like "Ha-ha - you're gonna burn in hell".
Or "So sorry you won't make the boat to Heaven, wayward child - hope you like hot temperatures".

But you don't see any of us posting things like that, and you probably never will.

Not saying you are guilty of this but there is a huge percentage of non believers that will accuse believers of 'trying to feel superior' but reality is, that's just their comeback line aka defense to not being a believer.

True Christians aren't bad people and we don't have an agenda unless it would be to try to bring as many people to Christ as we can before time runs out.

And no, there isn't a toaster for each one we convert - but we hate to see unsaved people - especially when they are all good hearted people, but just being misled.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

That's a very old line that non believers and lost people use - "A loving God wouldn't condemn anyone".

I suppose most children growing up could say that too about their earthly fathers.
i.e. "A loving father wouldn't condemn/punish their child".

What part of 'discipline' and 'accountability' aren't you understanding? God is a just God but He is also a fair God. If you were God would you allow people into Heaven that have rejected you?

I wouldn't. And I doubt you would either.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by clever024

satan's not in hell yet - he is loose on this earth collecting as many souls as he can before Jesus returns.

God has given him a time frame and he knows his time is short - the people that reject Jesus will be joining satan in that 'bottomless pit'.

The non believers can attack me for saying that but they can take it up with their God on Judgement Day - I didn't say it, God did.

Mankind always, always wants things "his" way. He doesn't want an ounce of discipline or accountability for his choices in life. And when they are held accountable? They try to turn the blame back on God - accusing Him of being 'unjust', 'unfair' or 'not a loving God'.

Mankind is an extremely spoiled species. Their rejection of Jesus is a perfect example.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasttheclouds
Guys, really,

if you put the bible, the literal word,

BEFORE

the living word, truth as one, living God,
everywhere to be found, in every one.
the bible correctly interpretated.

Idolatry: God comes second

you are in delusion,
and you will very soon
get your antichrist,
so you can crucify a
glorified person(s) again.

delusion was promised,
and you do not even READ
the most important sayings of jesus,
god himself said everything is his body.

judge something, judge god/life
forgive something, forgive god/life

1. ok the bold is mine please explain a few things... who correctly interpreted it for you? did you do it on your own? how do you know its correct?

1. Since when does God need forgiveness?

3. when did God himself say that EVERYTHING is his body? in the bible that is? remember Jesus was the Son of God, not the Father.
in the book of revelations, It talks about the church being the body of Christ, the people that is not the buildings.... and Christ is the body's head, and Christ "head" is the Father....

Gen 1:26 and God said "Let US make man to OUR image to OUR likeness"

I'm sure you've read it but do you really know how many entities the Godhead is? I do, and if you really read the bible it kinda does explain it if you read it in it's ENTIRETY and don't pick and choose.

I do agree that people that take the bible as the definitive word of god are pretty mislead. The bible is really "The word of MAN inspired by God [with the exception of Jesus because He is the son and part of the GODHEAD]
and even saying "The bible Is "The Word of God" is blasphemous, as if you read the book of revelations, one of the Son of God's titles is actually "The Word of God" therefore saying the Bible is the word of God is like Saying Jesus is the bible....

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The poster's earlier comments made me think about something - I think most non believers think that in order to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, they have to somehow be a perfect human being, always making good moral choices and never messing up.

No, no and no - there isn't a one of us on this planet, saved or not, that are anywhere close to "perfect". We are human and are corrupt in sin - ALL of us. But Jesus tells us to repent daily and stay in His Word. AND accept Him as our Savior.

Surely mankind can humble himself at least that much? Unless pride has that strong of a hold in his life.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
before you ask question,
do the effort to read a couple of posts back.
there you have the bible scripture that supports what i tell you,
with it, you also need logic that confirms it,
because god is truth, in other words,
god is found by logic, not by the bible sentences.
logic you find by seeing what is not true,
that's honesty and repentence.

god is one, he doesn't need to forgive himself,
but if he doesn't, he will not be god,
and will not enter the promised land.
god is the promised land, his dwelling is god.
symbols made that clear =shadows.
Growing towards god is salvation,
god is truth, start with honesty.

Jesus was AFTER glorification in god's perspective,
in other words, one with the father,
before that he was the son,
like you are, if you want to see the son in everything.

glorification was BEFORE the cross,
something religion also ignores.

God is one, that's why he is love. He loves himself.
takin away freedom of life, will life take it away from you,
giving life freedom, will life give it to you.
Before you're there, there is growth.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Well actually, you are semi-right but if you understand the interpretation of the revelation i think someone would notice a 7 headed dragon running around on earth, the reason one of his 7 heads is "scared" is because each head represents a spirit, the scared head represents the spirit of the Lord, which he does not have. I do agree that satan's minions are loose on earth gathering souls for their master. but the bible is very specific that satan is in a bottomless pit. and as for his followers joining him in the pit, that is also incorrect, because if you recall in the book of revelations, there is the Lake of fire which is separate from the bottomless pit. and it even goes into detail that the souls will be sent to the lake of fire and satan returned to the bottomless pit for 1000 years, after which he will be released for a short time to gather people to make war against the Christ, again, and then Satan and the entity known as death will be thrown in the lake of fire as well, this will be the second death

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

you edited your post for one, and 2 is it on another page? i'll go back a few pages and see for your posts that support your claims.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i edited it yes, to keep the most important of it,
i am sure your reply on it kept my original message,
so that's okay.

Within Christ the entire physical manifestation of God is embodied. Col 2:9
God is one Deut 6:4

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by FiatLux

The best place to find God is on your knees - and in your heart. BUT........ you have to seek Him first. He doesn't force Himself upon anyone - free will and choice, remember.

Why on your knees? You can find God by just setting in a chair, or even standing. God is within each and everyone of us. He doesn`t just surround us, he is within and without us.

All God wants us to do is knock, and he will answer. As the old saying goes, seek and ye shall find him.

" He doesn't force Himself upon anyone - free will and choice, remember."

So, if you believe in free will so much, then why do you have a problem with others using their free will to believe as they want? The object of it all is................don`t try stopping others from using their own free will. In other words live and let live. Or, worship as you may, and let others do so.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
i edit, not to scare people away from the message,
sometimes i get angry, because it angers me,
that people think god will be bad with people that do
not even know the name of jesus, or that people think
seeing a word 'jesus' will change someone,
and if not, they will loose salvation.
if people see 'love' god's name, = jesus,
love, then they will give love back.

being saved by the name jesus
that is NOT in the bible,