It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hey nomorecruelty,
I have reread your posts and have you figured out. Your just like all those other westernized christian dogmatists, yes that is my official label for folks like yourself.

Besides that, you have absolutely zero idea of what mystic or mystical means. You took some domatic boxed in fundamentalist's definition of the word and ran with it without doing your homework.

I've gone into huge 5-7 hour debates with christians such as your self including famous published moody bible institute theologian pastors and have ripped their apologetics to shreds, let alone theirs, as well as your claim on and what you think God is.

Mystical has to do with the direct experiences of God, Enlightenment, and Spiritual realms beyond words, logic, and reason. Along with this come the experience of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, experiencing your soul inside of a body, transendence, eternity, deathlessness, etc.

But, as all dogmatic literalists you have now taken the label "mystic" and quantifyingly grouped it into your whole new age band wagon schematic in your holier than thou judgements.

The difference between a dogmatic literalist such as yourself and a christian mystic such as myself, is that everyday I experience the realities and truths directly, while you only read about them and use limited intellect to conceptualize what you have read.

Mysticism a man made religion!!!!! Ha!!!! Truly laughable. No man can make up a direct experience with God ..... Something that only God can give to a person. There is no way to err in any type of man made-ness when it comes to transcendence.

Nor is it hardly new. Abraham, Moses, Jesus, the disciples were all mystics. Your watered down westernized limited boxed in dogmatic literalist version of Christianity is what is man made, cheapened, a fluke, and the whole time your standing there upholding this version.

Until you are completely indwelled with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, your ego has died, you Love everyone with transcendent divine mystical holy love, and can do what Jesus and his disciples themselves were able to do...... Until then, just shut up and seek these realities and the One and only omnipresent God I am speaking of.

Other wise, it is impossible for me to say your right in your stance. I was once as you are now, until the Spirit of God showed me meditation, how to keep my mouth shut, how to let the ego die, the realities behind miracles, glimpses of heavens and hells, etc. All of this goes beyond words, dogma, and literalism.

Your relationship with God will become stagnant until you seek and find how to die to the self as Paul says in corinthians. Instead your old self has been replaced by a bigger balsier dogmatic judgemental self.

All you have to do is let go and let God. When you do so, then you will all know that all things will work themselves out and that silence is golden.

However if you like, as a Christian mystic, I have no problem in spending a few hours commencing to rip your mental constructs and dogma to utter shreds with a little bit of history, logic, socratic method dialectic, and your own statements to show you the plank in your own eye. I have done so with prestigious and highly esteemed world renown theologians, so your case should be a piece of cake.

Your choice is?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

I am not trying to be rude, seriously, but is English your first language?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Oh boy, I'd love to hear some poothole talking to it's underwear but I have to leave just as things are going to get utterly ridiculous. I don't know about nomorecruelty but I'd love nothing better than to debate you and your mystic mayhem until your eyes bulge out, or your fingers bleed whichever comes first.

You can be sure I will read up on whatever "I Am My Own God" crap you are aching to spill here when I return tomorrow. You'll get my response so get on with it.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

lol Bombeni - you aren't going to miss anything. He is only dangling his little worm hoping someone will nibble -

If he were truly 'lost' and 'searching' I'd spend some quality debate time with him. But as it is, he isn't looking for a debate - it's satan only looking to stroke his own ego.

Furthermore, it's satan using him to create strife - and I don't waste my time battling with satan - God has already defeated satan.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Clarity can be found in God's Scriptures. But it has to be you that reads and understands the Word. Not anyone else.

Re the Sabbath - Most of my life I have observed Sunday. It has only been recent that I've discovered that the Catholics readily admit that they were the ones who changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday - out of convenience to mankind.

So now, I observe Saturday.

The Bible is consistent on the Sabbath being the 7th day of the week. Sunday, being the first, would make Saturday the Sabbath. But dumb me, I followed what "man" said for a long, long time before I started checking for myself. The Bible wasn't wrong - it was, once again, mankind to blame.

Info here

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by dominicus

Oh the irony! "if only you knew the Lord through personal experience"...few seconds later...."shut up with your dogmatic westernized..." ramble ramble [insert insult here, here and here].

You shouldn't judge lest you be judged threefold the cruelty.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. And you clearly live in a glass house. Your decision is....?

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Jesus is the son of God i will give you that, He is the only way for salvation, I will give you that, however, HE is not THE ONLY WAY to heaven, as for death can bring it about, or being a pure Jew free of sin. although death, without jesus for salvation you would be in a "hole" until judgment. but yes man have claimed to be messiah, few have proved it, and the biblical accounts although they have been tampered with do coincide as far as prophecies in Isaih just for one example, there are many "messianic prophecies" that according to biblical accounts, Jesus fulfilled, and some he didn't however, the ones he didn't are technically going to be filled upon the second coming with further examination of the scripture [I.E. All nations coming unto the Son of God for guidance]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

*hurls boulder*

*isn't the second line*

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Do you also not eat pork and shellfish, IMO you are well on your way to becoming a messianic Jew [the truest form of Christianity]
Jesus said : I did not come to abolish the law, I have come to Fulfill

and as for Judgment, by who's measure shall you be judged, surely not that of man, but that by the law of God

also a side note to convince u a little further "Jesus died for your sins, not so that YOU CAN sin"

sin= transgression against the laws of god... now im not saying be hacidic*SP* or anything but atleast a kosher diet would probably favor you more so....

*short story but true*
I used to laugh i lived in S.C. (Bible belt) and every sunday the church up the road from my house would have a bar-b-que.... i get there and they got all sorts of food and what have you, then i notice.... everyone is eating "The other white meat" and I'm the only one eating the chicken... now i didn't attend this church, I just happened to be invited by a neighbor (btw in S.C. u cannot buy beer/liquor on sundays) a "dry" day to avoid people from showing up to church drunk or whatever, but one day i was around town and ran into the mayor, and asked him what was the reason i couldn't get myself a cold one on a sunday, and he replied (im 24 now, at the time I was 22 and I look like im 19) well young man are you old enough to drink? and i replied yes, and he said, well then you should also be old enough to know that sunday is "the Lord's day" and I said really? then why do the Jews observe saturday as the Sabbath or The Lord's Day, and the commandments as laid out in the Old testament say "Keep the sabbath day holy"... he looked at me puzzled and about 2 months later he passed some legislation to let the city of greenville S.C. to buy beer on sundays..... I don't know if he maybe wanted a cold one on sunday himself, or he took what i said to heart, but i like to think i made a difference for some drunkard looking to get the week STARTED right lol

[edit on 23-9-2009 by clever024]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by clever024

Bold statement you make friend. No man is born free of sin, only without perception of it. This world IS sin. We must live in the presence of God, not in the presence of man. To "hurl a boulder" implies you are free of sin and to that I say, YOU ARE DEBUNKED!

A life of sin is only conquered through death of sin. Take this as you will, it's open to interpretation.

BTW, adding 2nd line doesn't make your post any less of a one liner.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
lol I was JUST in the grocery store earlier today - and I kid you not, I was standing in the freezer section trying my best to make one of the "Made from pure pork" sausage packages say "All Beef".

They did have turkey sausage though. Blech.

I left that section empty handed.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No judgement from me as it isnt' my job - thank goodness.

I just share what my beliefs are, and if anyone is lost that cares to research, then so be it.

Again, you can believe what you would like, but my point in this is that I hate to see anyone perish.

This tiny fragment of what we call "life" here just isn't worth losing eternal salvation over.

p.s. i hate all seafood - anything that comes out of the ocean. Blech. It smells rancid.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

star for that man grats lol... I'm happy to see that you opted not to transgress than give in to what is deemed acceptable by those who truly just don't understand.... I feel like i want to vomit when my mother cooks pork.... its not like God laid down the law, and then Jesus came and said don't worry Im gonna die for you, Go enjoy a BLT and be merry

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

To sin is on to hurt oneself, the Divine One does not care what you do, it's all up to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

lol, at least you adhere to the dietary law, I like u a lot man, and i have only read a few of ur posts lol its good to know their are others out there like me with the spirit of fear for the Lord in them

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Its not about religious dogma or 5 step programs to heaven, its about relationship. Always has been, always will be. Jesus has made the way so that you can have relationship with our Father.

You may have said "the salvation prayer" that these ministries put on their websites, and like you are finding out, they are not magical words that produces lightning bolts from heaven. Im not dissing them btw, but what i want to say is that with God, religiosity doesnt cut it with all the the's and thou's, he wants you to be real with Him, talk to Him like what you would talk to your dad, call Him dad! lol. Its about relationship, and the the thing is, the more you talk to Him, the more you "relate", the most amazing thing starts to happen, you start to have peace. He listens, councils you, and sometimes you just have to quieten the own anxieties of your mind, shut up, and just listen. God knows you, He knows what you have been through, is there to help you heal and guide you, but you have to let go of the old self.
It says in the bible that when you come to Christ, and accept Him, that the old you dies and you become a new creature. But how can you become this new creature if you are carrying around the dead corpse of your old self? You have to let it go. I know this is easier said than done, but the most poweful experience you can have in your life is when you forgive those who wronged you in the past. It releases you so that the dead weight of the past can have no more power over you, and as a new creature, what has a past that is dead and gone got to do with you?
That is one the first things that God showed me and it was such a release, and source of great healing i can tell you! Also unforgiveness keeps you back from God too, for how are you going to be forgiven yourself if you cant do the same to others. You have to release them also like you have been, and not doing this will turn your salvation prayer to empty words. Its hard, but its necessary because like it or not, and this stung me too, they are also Gods children and He loves them as much as you!
As for the sabbath, the true sabbath is a saturday. But we are to keep it not as religious people do, but as time spending with family and friends, enjoying all the things God has given you, doing good where you live.
Also be very wary of dogmatic ministries with all of thier rules and regulations. Most of them are just praise clubs full of hypocrites.
The truth is, its not what you do that counts, its the intents of your heart, because if the intents of your heart is good, and you are loving God and loving those made in His image, then you aint going far wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024

I like you alot, too , man ......

If you're ever in (censored) what say we hook up?

pssst... don't tell anyone but I'm a girl.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I was just joking about the boulder man having a little humor man.... But i do agree, everyone has sin in their life, and its more rampant now more than ever, i, myself, however try to limit my sin. Yes i have sex (premaritally) but i do follow a kosher diet and live as close to the way Jesus would live in todays day and age.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well if u didn't censor where u were I'd consider it lol

oops no violation of T&C for me

[edit on 23-9-2009 by clever024]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024

There was a preacher talking about that just today - on the tube. About 'fear' and how it doesn't mean 'scared of' but respect for His laws and doctrine.

So yep, I'm full of fear for Him.

Seriously though, truth be known? I'm in awe - of Him but also the Bible. People would pay millions for a good suspenseful, plot filled book like that to read - a book that reveals something different to each individual person.
Talk about a literary masterpiece.

Perry Stone, who is the prophecy whiz, said that if you take the first ten male names mentioned in the Bible, write them out and then beside those names write down the hebrew meaning...... you could start at the first name/meaning, read it and it reveals a prophecy in itself.

He did it on the tube but I want to see it again. Stone says that our earth will end as it began. He gives numerous examples to back that theory up - like when Jesus was born, the Romans were in power, when the world ends, the Romans will, again, in power...... and on and on.

It was pretty amazing.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join