It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wish people wouldn't toss God and Jesus in with "religion". That is what confuses the ones that are seeking direction.

God is God - He created us, the universe, everything.

Mankind comes along and started creating all of these "religions" and "theories" to convince people that they had a 'choice of gods'.

THAT, and then, is when the problems began.

You have God and His laws.

Anything else falls under mankind's fictional 'ideas' that he concocted because he wasn't comfy with God's laws.

And the result of this ? This last generation is now being raised believing they can pick 'n' choose from a list of 'gods' - whichever one's agenda suits their lifestyle and sins better - is the one they want to be involved with.

It's crazy - just crazy.

The Bible, yes, God's Bible, makes is perfectly clear that the only way to Heaven is through Christ Jesus, His son. Period.

All of this talk about 'new age' and 'ascension to another level' or being 'enlightened' is just craziness.

This new age generation is making God very confusing and extremely complicated.

And I do believe that 911 was America's wake up call to the fact that due to mankind corrupting His laws and people, He has finally decided to remove His hand of protection from us as a nation.

If you want to know what's coming, refer to the King James Bible - read Daniel and Revelation - that sums it up in great detail, including what's going on right now, today.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheColdDragon

The problem is not with the Divine Creators love. It's there no matter what, only those that don't believe in aCreator dispute this. The problem lies in man. Whether or not we reciprocate the Creators love or not. The greatest joy is not in feeling the love, but in giving the love. Service before self.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

If you wish to cast yourself into the company of Falwell and his lackey's, you have removed any semblance of respect from any of your arguments and should forthwith expect naught but ridicule from the majority of thinking individuals.

Assuming 9/11 was a sign from god is as stupid as Assuming that God had somehow graced any nation in particular with favor, least of all the United States.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have read a few of the posts regarding religion and Christianity.
The issue of logic and reason not forming the basis of any religion is very prominent. I must agree with this for the most part. I think that’s why they call it “faith”, and this is true no matter what “god” you serve. Why then would an intelligent reasoning person choose to place his “faith” into something so illogical?

I think that the truth can be found somewhere between the two extremes of there not being a god and religious extremism. Firstly, you have to decide whether you are an atheist or agnostic.If you are an atheist you believe that there is no god, not in any shape or form. If you are agnostic you concede that there might be a “higher power” of some sort, although you need not acknowledge any specific god or power.

If you fall in the last category, which I think most people would even though you wont admit this
, you have to consider the possibility that the Christian God is that god…

Now, I am not an expert and by no means I consider myself without sin or perfect, but is having a personal relationship with Jesus about love, the forgiveness? Isn’t what Christ taught acceptance, love and tolerance of the person and condemnation of sin? Jesus ate and hanged out with some “bad” people right? What makes me any different? Whether I am good or I am bad, God will love the person but hate the “sin”.

So, if this is right, and I am saying “if” so that you may consider it, and then accept or reject it, why should I follow Jesus? God’s word teaches that all have sinned and fall short. So, if this is correct, why have we sinned? Because we have chosen to sin, it is our inherent nature. Why would God then make is with this sinful nature you would then ask? I believe that God created us with the potential to do good and bad, we might call that free will…

But if I also do good, and I see myself as a good person, why then will God condem me? There are many people far worse than me right? God judges our deeds by the 10 commandments. If we are found guilty the punishment is hel. Jesus said, "You have heard it said that no adulterer will enter the kingdom of heaven, but I say to you if you look at a woman in lust you have committed adultery with her in your heart". That one got me and I think every guy thats reading this post?? No matter if you are a "big" sinner or a "small" sinner, no matter if you beleive yourself to be a good person, an ok person or a bad person, it is appointed to us all to die and then comes the judgment. I will be guilty before God.

Gospel means good news and I think that most Christians have forgotten this. God's love is meant for everybody and I think Christians should start exercisings this! What is the good news then? The good news is that god loves you and He doesnt want you to go to hell and because of this he sent His son, Jesus, to die on a cross for your sin and carry the judgment that should have befallen you. You are saved by the blood of Jesus if you would only accept this, you know repent from your sin (say to God "I know I have sinned against you, please forgive me) and have a little "faith".

I say this because I beleive that God loves man. I say this because I beleive that man has the potential to love one another in tollerance. I say this because I love you all. I am leaving this on the table as a possibility and not as a fact. You can choose to beleive this or to discard it, no matter what, God will love you nevertheless. His word teaches that He loved us while we were sinners, although He hates sin.

Whether or not I beleive in gravity will not save me when I jump of a ten story biulding. The same goes for Christianity, "if" what I am saying is correct, whether you beleive in it or not is of no consequence. If you die without Jesus hell awaits, but it doesnt have to be like that. Jesus can be your parachute on the day you have to "jump" from the building...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

All of this talk about 'new age' and 'ascension to another level' or being 'enlightened' is just craziness.

Wow!!!! ok, you spew all this stuff in the same manner of all "programmed" literal evangelical fundamentalists. As if you "know" for sure 100% everything you speak of. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it has to be burst because its all ego talk ...and the ego is what blocks a direct and true relationship with God.

FYI, I am also a Christian ...however I am a Christian Mystic. Why? Well I did 14 months of Bible study, then got baptized and a few weeks after baptism experienced "SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT" higher consciousness, the Holy Spirit indwelling me, Illumination, started meditating ...thats what was real. Even it the Bible it says that eventually the Holy Spirit will teach you what no man can ...this was/is transcendence.

It seems to me from reading a number of your posts from this thread that you have God defined in a certain intellectual box. All your knowledge comes from reading words in a book ...having no knowledge of the direct experiences of God ...it is all literalism, limited, logic/reason based, and I just cannot respect your angle of it.

Funny thing to add. After having experienced all these enlightenments (paradoxically which came from following instructions from evangelicals such as yourself) ...when I began to share them with these same group of Christians ...they freakin shunned me, ignored all these revealtions I was receiving from the SPirit, kicked me out of the Church, called me a blasphemer, heretic, etc. They all left me ...yea very Christ like ...just like yourself spewing all these I'm holier than thou and know better judgements at everyone else. Look back at history and see that those who really did experience God and had a direct relationship where always shunned by the Church, labeled heretics, blasphemers, etc by people like you.

Best thing to do is just shut up and remain in trust, in silence, in God, loving, resting, practicing peace. All you show with your posts is this anger and unsettled emotions that your just projecting on others. Just trust everything will work itself out in the end instead of all this unexamined emotional hatred and ego based garbage.

SHow the fruits of the spirit, and instead of retaliating against this post, just take it as an ego check.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by dominicus]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Another way to look at it, a new angle which many havent looked at it from:

Is to say that Jesus saying that he is the only was was specifically a line he used and directed towards all the Jews living the OT way of Life. Fearing God, sacrificing innocent animals for their sins to a blood thirsty God, all these laws and rules that are impossible to follow.

So he simply made a bold statement to wake them up saying, "There is no way to the Father except through me", simply to get their attention.

No Christians take it out of context and turn it into something it might not really be

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BDIGUY

As far as being judged before God, I have come to understand that our sins, once we ask forgiveness, are “As far as the east is from the west, so far He removed our transgressions from us” (Psalm 103:12).

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

God once and for all released us from our sins by the blood of Jesus (Rom. 1:5), and when He cleanses He makes us white as snow. “Come now, and let us reason together,” says the LORD, “though your sins are as scarlet, they shall be a white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool” (Isaiah 1:18). When God washes us, we are clean. “Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow” (Psalm. 51:7).

We need to be faithful to remember to ask forgiveness of our sins regularly, and this can be done by reciting the Lord's Prayer, which is easy to memorize and easy to say even if only in your mind, even if you are exhausted and can barely stay awake:

Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
Amen.
(Matthew 6:9-13).

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

No where in my post did I say, nor imply, that 911 was a 'sign' from God.

It was man that chose to create what happened on 911 - God choosing not to intervene in man's choice may have been the first major sign that He has removed His hand of protection from this nation.

Just say no to word twisting?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Go back and reread, my friend -

I am well aware of the Holy Spirit, God and Jesus performing miracles and other "enlightening" actions.

I was referring to the 'new age' "religions" that leave God, and Jesus Christ, out of the picture.

i.e.
Mystic:
A person who practices mysticism, or a reference to a mystery, mystic studies or the occult.

I have to confess this is a new one I haven't heard of - "Christian Mystic" - but still, it is a man made "religion" - one more to add to the ever growing list. You claim to be a Christian yet denounce traditional Christianity.

After reading a bit on this new "religion" or "identity", I, along with my ego, still stand firm.

More reading

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Another interesting article I found is The Cult of Richard Foster

It appears that this Foster guy is the spinmaster for this latest "religion". But it does seem like all other Christians are on the same page with their thoughts and 'ego' on this one.

I will say thank you to the poster for admitting to be involved in this 'practice', as now I'm aware of yet one more of mankind's agenda driven "religions".

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

line
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, nobody comes to the father except through me" (John.14:6)

This passage is in the New Testament - It hasn't been taken out of context - unless by the 'new age' "religions".

[edit on 23-9-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Using the word "God" for the Divine One is an abomination.

Using the word "He" is an abomination.

The ONE is a hiearchy of beings that work together to fulfill the will of the One.

Jesus of Nazerath was guided through his life, he did his task, and he's still doing it today just look at your post.

Do not worship false prophets, anyone that is human is imperfect, this planet is not what you believe it to be. You should only give thanks to the One, There should be no Human intervention between you and the divine.

The task is on a personal level, The One does not care if you "Sin", The one does not care WHAT you do, you hurt yourself, action-reaction.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

I have no clue as to what you are saying - 'the one' meaning ........ barry soetero?

An abomination? Hmm, you'll have to 'enlighten' me on your sources?

Jesus is the only way to God, our Heavenly Father.

Are you one of the 'mystics'?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
No where in my post did I say, nor imply, that 911 was a 'sign' from God.

Said, no, Implied, yes. And whether you like it or not, Reverend Falwell was one of the primary proponents of 9/11 being some sort of sign from God, and usually it was in the same way as you state it; removing his hand of protection from the "Righteous" United States.

That is the equivalent of saying that the U.S. was ever a "Righteous" God-fearing nation. I suppose then that God wanted the American Natives Destroyed and the Black Man enslaved? That was God's Will?

The Divine Creator doesn't pick sides in human squabbles.

It was man that chose to create what happened on 911 - God choosing not to intervene in man's choice may have been the first major sign that He has removed His hand of protection from this nation.

Just say no to word twisting?

Since when was the last time God intervened in anything? You are explicitly saying above that God's lack of Interference was a "MAJOR SIGN", so you are also a Liar.

Or if not a Liar, an outright idiot for decrying something then turning around and saying exactly what you were decrying one sentence before.

I'm not certain which is worse.

Thank you for playing.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
Using the word "God" for the Divine One is an abomination.

Using the word "He" is an abomination.

Not sure I'd go with Abomination. Downright silly, definitely... perhaps stupid? All in all, it's like calling your car a She or your favorite piece of cookware a He... no purpose and makes you seem a fool sometimes.

The ONE is a hiearchy of beings that work together to fulfill the will of the One.

Jesus of Nazerath was guided through his life, he did his task, and he's still doing it today just look at your post.

Indeed, the Divine Creator has always worked through proxy's as a rule... in the various ages which have transpired, most lost to the annals of Human History.

Do not worship false prophets, anyone that is human is imperfect, this planet is not what you believe it to be. You should only give thanks to the One, There should be no Human intervention between you and the divine.

The task is on a personal level, The One does not care if you "Sin", The one does not care WHAT you do, you hurt yourself, action-reaction.

Indeed.... sin hurts nobody but the self of the individual. If the individual can make peace with their own sin, there is no need to worry concerning the Divine's retribution; Retribution is not the modus operandi.

Of course, if you can't make peace with your sin, you are welcome to try all over again as far as I understand... not that that, in itself, is a bad thing either.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

You might be interested to know that I have never even viewed a Jerry Falwell sermon - but I have heard of him.

And you also might be interested in what the Bible says about protecting "land" i.e. nations -

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I really care less whether or not you've heard Falwell whatsoever. You are casting yourself in with his lot, even if it is through sheer ignorance.

I'm still determining whether you are a liar or an idiot, considering you haven't admitted to referring to 9/11 as a sign though you've now said as much twice.

Currently I'm leaning towards idiot.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by Psychonaughty

I have no clue as to what you are saying - 'the one' meaning ........ barry soetero?

An abomination? Hmm, you'll have to 'enlighten' me on your sources?

Jesus is the only way to God, our Heavenly Father.

Are you one of the 'mystics'?

Like I was saying, the word god is a corrupt term, it would imply that you as a human being have control over the invocated being.

The One is all that is good and all that creates good it is the one you term "god".

Jesus of Nazerath is not the way, you are the way. It is only you that connects to divinity.

How foolish that you speak of being connected through a human to The One.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have to assume the both of you are from the "Mystic Christian" club?

And thank you both for pointing out, especially on this thread, how mankind can corrupt God's true Word.

Remember, the Bible is not 'pick 'n' choose'.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Both of these posts does show Christians, and non Christians, just how easy it is for mankind to create yet another "religion". He's been doing it for thousands of years - and all of it comes back to the exact same result - being misled.

With all due respect, I honestly feel that satan has you right where he wants you. i.e. believing a lie and spreading false doctrine.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join