It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Originally posted by Zacaretas
I have to respectfully disagree.

If God asked me to kill you in order to test my faith, then I would surely question his motives.

Uh, you missed my point completely, that's not what I meant at all.

I mean that we LOGICALLY cannot question Gods MOTIVES - that is, the 'why' something happens/happened.
If he asked you to kill somebody, then of course you'd question that - but that's a whole other thing and I'd probably seek counseling if I was you.

[edit on 25/7/09 by Nventual]

If your point was that we cannot logically question the why something happens, then I stand corrected because my example is moot.

Nonetheless, if your point was that we should not question God no matter what, then my point stands. If you suggest that I seek counseling for suggesting that God would ask me to kill you, then how does that reflect on the Bible, since it's paraphrased directly from it (i.e. the Sacrifice of Isaac) ... and in all honesty ... resorting to telling me to seek counseling? I thought we were all adults here.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
No, you just presumed I was an adult.

We can agree to disagree, since we both agree with each other but both misinterpreted each other.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zacaretas

I think he meant you should seek counseling if you think God asked you to kill someone. At least that's the way I understood it.

But that's besides the point really. Of course you can question God's motives, but unless he flat out tells you, you're probably not going to figure it out.

If God told you to kill someone, you most likely would question his motives, but since this is just a theoretical scenario, then there are no motives because it's a fictitious scenario and any motives would be imaginary on our part.

On the other hand, if we were to assume that the bible is true, we could question God's motives for asking Abraham to kill Isaac. However there are a lot of variables involved, and I think it would be pure speculation on our part if we thought we figured out the motive, though I know a lot of people claim to have done just that.

Could Abraham have questioned God? He didn't (at least it's not documented if he did). God is generally understood to be all-knowing therefore one might assume Abraham never had the chance to question God because God chose someone who wouldn't question God to begin with.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

It's also worth noting that such feelings as you express often lead to barbarism as history shows.

Then- I am a barbarian. Just keep in mind, I didn't wake up one morning in this state, "hmmm, I'll have eggs, and let's beat up Christians today", no angel, demon, or other otherworldy being arrived on my doorstep, And I haven't suffered a severe blow to the head. This comes from years of abuse from people I trusted and sincerely asked for help from. I asked their God for help, and I have received NOTHING.

Some barbarians aren't born, they're bred. As for my 'generalizing'- I dont have the time to type out each and every offense in scintillating detail. if I had THAT much time, I'd go re sequence a genome or something.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Then- I am a barbarian. Just keep in mind, I didn't wake up one morning in this state, "hmmm, I'll have eggs, and let's beat up Christians today",

Not that I have anyway of knowing what you think period *short of anaylsis of your statements and even then that is "bent" or maybe not by the lens I use to see the world, meaning my perception*. I seriously doubt any person who has done what we would consider "barbarous" things follows this thought progression progression. There are always some sort justification for normal people, they always state it as something that needed to be done. Or that it was some whim of theirs if the person happens to be a sociopath.

no angel, demon, or other otherworldy being arrived on my doorstep, And I haven't suffered a severe blow to the head.

Um, do you honestly think those are the reasons others do barbarous things? That beings you don't believe in told them to? *This one is rather contradictory don't you think?* Or that they have all suffered blows to the head?

This comes from years of abuse from people I trusted and sincerely asked for help from.

Like I said, blaming a larger group for the sins of a few. Christianity, after all, includes such figures as Mother Teresa as well as it's Spanish Inquisitors.

I asked their God for help, and I have received NOTHING.

So if you asked me for help and I did not provide it *or was unable to* you would want to rip me to shreds? And besides there is a great deal to be said of those that don't ask anyone or anything for help but instead seek to fix the problems themselves. I believe that is called self reliance. A "Superman" figure would make for a complacient, lazy and most likely annoyingly whiny humanity.

Some barbarians aren't born, they're bred.

Since evidence pointing to both nature and nurture playing a part in the raising of children I view this as a matter of course.

As for my 'generalizing'- I dont have the time to type out each and every offense in scintillating detail. if I had THAT much time, I'd go re sequence a genome or something.

Still generalization, I have met my fair share of people. But I do not claim to have met all, most or even a quarter of all the people in any particular large scale classification of people, especially such a large scale classification as a global religion. But you on the other hands condeme the bunch *and their god nonetheless* for that little bit that you have met, that is generalization.

And just for levity *please understand not at your expense but just for silliness's sake* , how does one resequence a genome? We have figured out how to do that yet?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I did a search on google but I cant find where god appointed you to decide who goes to hell !

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

how does one resequence a genome? We have figured out how to do that yet?

It's like a card trick, but you do it with DNA.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Excellent post and reasoning.

You won't be able to reason with these sheeple though, for they are hooked royally into the "god program" and religion, Muslim, Christianity, Hindu, Jewish were all prefabricated and manufatured to "keep the zoo inhabitants in line".

I have a feeling unfortunately we are all "connected" and until "they" wake up and unhook from this "god program" mankind will not progress.

In essence these mind programmed sheep are holding us all back.

Most of these sheep simply do not read or educate themselves, they read their "bible", "koran" or "vedas" and simply refuse to expand their consciousness.

They're stuck and as long as they remain stuck we are destined to keep being recycled souls.

I believe we are all grains of sand - and "god" is the beach.

My definition of a sheep: as I grew up with cows and sheep. Sheep are beautiful creatures, but really really stupid, no brains. They simply follow the herd and when it's time to go to slaughter, they stupidly just fall into line. They do not think or reason for themselves. They do not lead or think "outside the box" they simply can't for they are sheep.

“A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves” Bertrand de Jouvenel

“A lot of people don't want to make their own decisions. They're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do. Americans talk so much about being individualistic, but they don't want you to be an individual because if you think for yourself then you're not going to be a part of any trend that they want you to be a part of. They don't want you to think for yourself. They tell you they do so that you're happy and you're stupid and you're sheep. Anybody intelligent enough to realize what America is, is not going to sit around and do nothing about it. They're going to be the same way that I am. They're going to be the same way our fans are. They're going to be pissed. These people are artists. These people are musicians. They're taking it out and trying to express it that way. The rest of the world, who are just willing to accept it, are gonna be doing their everyday jobs, and they're going to be trapped in a rut, and they're never gonna see it until the day they die, and they're gonna be disappointed when they don't go to heaven anyway 'cause they were too stupid to realize that it's not going to happen.” Marilyn Manson

[edit on 2-8-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Excellent post and reasoning.

You won't be able to reason with these sheeple though, for they are hooked royally into the "god program" and religion, Muslim, Christianity, Hindu, Jewish were all prefabricated and manufatured to "keep the zoo inhabitants in line".

i

I have a feeling unfortunately we are all "connected" and until "they" wake up and unhook from this "god program" mankind will not progress.

In essence these mind programmed sheep are holding us all back.

Most of these sheep simply do not read or educate themselves, they read their "bible", "koran" or "vedas" and simply refuse to expand their consciousness.

They're stuck and as long as they remain stuck we are destined to keep being recycled souls.

I believe we are all grains of sand - and "god" is the beach.

My definition of a sheep: as I grew up with cows and sheep. Sheep are beautiful creatures, but really really stupid, no brains. They simply follow the herd and when it's time to go to slaughter, they stupidly just fall into line. They do not think or reason for themselves. They do not lead or think "outside the box" they simply can't for they are sheep.

“A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves” Bertrand de Jouvenel

“A lot of people don't want to make their own decisions. They're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do. Americans talk so much about being individualistic, but they don't want you to be an individual because if you think for yourself then you're not going to be a part of any trend that they want you to be a part of. They don't want you to think for yourself. They tell you they do so that you're happy and you're stupid and you're sheep. Anybody intelligent enough to realize what America is, is not going to sit around and do nothing about it. They're going to be the same way that I am. They're going to be the same way our fans are. They're going to be pissed. These people are artists. These people are musicians. They're taking it out and trying to express it that way. The rest of the world, who are just willing to accept it, are gonna be doing their everyday jobs, and they're going to be trapped in a rut, and they're never gonna see it until the day they die, and they're gonna be disappointed when they don't go to heaven anyway 'cause they were too stupid to realize that it's not going to happen.” Marilyn Manson

[edit on 2-8-2009 by ofhumandescent]

]your silly and like a cow waiting hand and foot to get milked alls you do is sit there and be lazy. and then after you get milked you get sent to the slaughter.

but anyways god programming? dont forget our freewill. silly lil rabbit. hahah ok and even after enlightenment which some christians have gone through they still stay faithful to god. you know why? because they dont forget where they came from unlike you and your lil new age groupies who for got whats its like to stay faithful to god.

you do know that alot of the people dont get hell they get earth with jesus right? after jesus comes back anyways thats what the christians wait for. and all you are to us christians is another antichrist trying to sway people off the path to get to earth for some, for others heaven. just for the sake of you maintaining your own individuality. in response to your stupid marilyn manson quote.

"but we forgive you for you know not what you do". jesus

who actually matters to people, who was on the cross being crucified while he was saying this. who really cares your manson or the jesus the christ

p.s. marilyn is a girl name no wonder he got breast implants

[edit on 2-8-2009 by make.changes]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

You follow the "teachings" (that hurt) of a sadistic con artist and think you have it all figured out. Yes I say con artist because HE is the one that is fooling people; he became a millionaire just by throwing on make-up and wearing revealing vulgar clothing and saying/singing vulgar things to sad mixed up people. It is no wonder the younger generation is so sad and confused these days.

Here is just the top 21 songs of the 1970's; wow am I ever glad I grew up in a different time:

1. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
2. Imagine - John Lennon
3. Hotel California - The Eagles
4. What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
5. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
6. Layla - Derek and the Dominos
7. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
8. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
9. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
10. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
11. Let It Be - The Beatles
12. Maggie May - Rod Stewart
13. American Pie - Don McLean
14. Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
15. Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees
16. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
17. Brown Sugar - The Rolling Stones
18. Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
19. Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
20. Papa Was A Rollin' Stone - The Temptations
21. Your Song - Elton John

Now, just for fun I googled marilyn manson songs and randomly picked a list from one of his albums, I have no earthly clue what any of them would sound like, but this is a list of song titles from one of his 'albums' (that hurt too):

Irresponsible Hate Anthem
The Beautiful People
Dried Up, Tied And Dead To The World
Tourniquet
Little Horn
Cryptorchid
Deformography
Wormboy
Mister Superstar
Angel With The Scabbed Wings
Kinderfeld
Antichrist Superstar
The Minute Of Decay
The Reflecting God
Man That You Fear
Track 99

Try listening to some some music that gives you hope and good feelings about being alive. Why would you listen to someone who makes a living from spreading unhappiness, despair and pain??

And I could certainly argue with that Marilyn character over who is going to be disappointed when they die; I can promise you it ain't gonna be me.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

First of all there are people claiming to be the "messiah" right now. Second, y would an all powerful god need to send someone to earth to beat a creation of his own hand. There are many holes and contradictions in the bible because it was written by man and let's face it were flawed. If every church in america claims to talk to god then y do none of u agree. Someone must be wrong. Could it be... Everyone? God observes us and let's us make our own decisions we carve our own path. We don't need salvation, we need to find ourselves and be comfortable in ourselves. When we die a loving god doesn't throw us in hell because we denied him. He doesn't say I love u now enjoy burning eternally. He says hey son I've missed u but u have eternity to get to know me. That's love.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The seventies were full of sex drugs and rockn roll just like our age. I bet the lsd made u feel realy good about urself. Some of the songs u posted had "vulgar" issues in them there are a couple that are satanic.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

The greatest mystery to me is that people are blind enough to follow interesting stories as a truth to hold above all others as a method of control.

The only logical conclusion is that millions of people are too scared to face the fact that they create their own life and destiny, and that natural chaos rules all above and beyond the control of any imaginary omnipotent being.

The NWO is probably real, in as much as it's a machine, inevitably created by industry in the format of corporate endeavour. It's an inevitable extension of corporate growth in which shady deals are made to increase the wealth of the few at the expense of the many.

The End Of Times will come about through apocalypse, either at the hands of nature when she's had enough of our mindless ways, or at the hands of greedy Humans who want another trillion dollars at the expense of all Humanity.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mgodgasm

I appreciate what you are saying about the sex drugs and rock n roll. But the music wasn't depressing and it didn't speak of suicide and hopelessness etc etc. There might have been a few underground songs like that, like Arthur Brown, Fire. But that song was a big joke to us then; if he were a current artist and released that song today he'd be a mega star.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

We are all grains of sand ............... and 'god" is the beach"

We are all connected, like it or not and what we do onto each other we do onto all.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

Oh yes, and according to my avatar, he's not going near you "humans" with a ten foot pole.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm a Jew by religion so I don't believe that Jesus is the only way. But to each his own.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

y'know, faith falters in the face of constant adversity...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses

Oh yes, and according to my avatar, he's not going near you "humans" with a ten foot pole.

Evangelical, I don't think Jesus is the only one to have claimed he is the Messiah. What about this guy:

The Strong City Cult – Starring Michael Travesser as the self acclaimed Messiah

He only got sentenced to 10 years in prison so that's not as severe as the crucifixion that Jesus had to endure.

However he's not the only other person to claim to be the Messiah, there have been others also.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
[edit on 19-8-2009 by calihan_12]

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join