It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix

Originally posted by JustMy2Cents
Why is it that greater than 98% of every thinking adult that ever lived asks the same question: Is there a god?
Despite this is a number you just whipped out of your head..

Not to get into any kind of fighting match, but 98% wasn't really a number whipped out of my head, it was just me being courteous. It is much more likely that every person that ever lived and could ask, has asked. I never said every person arrived at the same answer
Now you may take up issue with how I answered the "WHY" the question is asked, but do you honestly believe that there ever existed an adult human that lived their entire life without EVER asking the question? Anyway, that's off topic.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMy2Cents
Not to get into any kind of fighting match, but 98% wasn't really a number whipped out of my head, it was just me being courteous.
Erm, ok?

It is much more likely that every person that ever lived and could ask, has asked.
It's possible, but not a foregone conclusion.

do you honestly believe that there ever existed an adult human that lived their entire life without EVER asking the question?
Sure. They are less and less now, but I'm sure the number of people that have existed and not asked themselves is greater than you think. If you had no concept of god, do you think you could formulate it?

In a way this IS on topic, because the question of how the idea of god manifested weighs heavy on the argument that Jesus is the only way.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Gigatronix]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I sent a final question (all about my ex and the massive problems I was facing) to a 'We'll give you a biblical answer to your question! 7 days tops!" site. It's been 12 days... not a peep. It's sometimes fun, and sometimes not when you're capable of thwarting the most biblical and 'Godly'- just by asking a question about your life that stumps EVERYONE- even God and the Bible.

*sigh* What planet or dimension do I belong to, anyways.....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You're all going to be caught off guard.

Man I wish I could say different but it's up to you.

I recently dealt with Mormons for a few days trying to convince them a fallen angel gave them their plates but they just wouldn't buy it. No wonder no one listens.

Yahushua is the only way to salvation.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I have an idea the site was meant to answer questions about the bible, not offer personal life management advice; that kind of thing could get them in legal trouble.

On the other hand, check around your area for a church who would be willing to counsel you, for free, if that is what you are interested in. If you really want help from a Christian perspective that is.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Instead of going to a Church seek Him for yourself. If you seek Him for yourself I think you'll find yourself finding answers. The first part of Revelation is a warning to all the Churches.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

It was a "We have a biblical answer to ANY of your questions" site. GotQuestions.org.

I tried the Seek God Yourself route... I got no answer, either. Just the weirdness I mentioned. Which for me is NOT an answer.... just meanness.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Oh, that goofy Got Questions site? No wonder. Some fat old housewife with 4 rugrats under her feet, an iron in one hand, runs over and makes up some answer to those questions in between changing diapers. I think they get paid 10 cents an answer.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Wonderful. No wonder I got crickets since the 11th from that site.

Now what? I am thisclose to calling the shrinks and letting them medicate me til everything's a hysterical joke. God wont answer it, I cant find anyone to help me answer it... How do I even know God is a real being? How do I know anything at this point? How do I know Jesus (if he is even real) isnt sitting up on a cloud somewhere laughing at this whole mess till his nose runs and he cant catch his breath?

I'm sorry- but I DO seem to have absolute proof God's a made up being, just by virtue of this crap. Or God doesn't give a flip..... or I really am here for someone's sick entertainment.

My problem is I don't know what one to lend the proof TO.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
And in another round of "It's just my luck".... I had sent an email asking them literally "Did your heads explode while trying to answer the question?" I just got this:

We sincerely apologize, but somehow your question was lost. I have resubmitted it to the system.

See- THIS is what I deal with... Stumped people, when I do ask the hard stuff, it sometimes and somehow gets 'lost'- and on and on and on. It never ends. I don't get a real answer, I get screwed and my chain yanked!

I'll ask again. Why doesn't God love me....?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

If you are really asking why God doesn't love you, an obscure website is not the place. Again, please find some counseling in your area. If you are unable to pay there are always places you can find for low or no cost. You need to talk to someone person to person. If you are at the bottom, there is a way up out of it. You have to hang on. Trust me there are people in much worse situations who come through them, you would not believe the challenges I have overcome at different points in my life. I'm sorry if it offends you, but for me personally, those very low times was when I turned to God and fostered my ongoing relationship with Him. It has been a roller coaster at times. Won't you call your local helpline to ask about some emergency counseling?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I haven't because I don't need someone trying to wrap me in a happy jacket.. Heard too many horror stories where the wrong words or the slip of the tongue= Suicidal thoughts! While I'm not hot on living- I am in no hurry to die. BUT- I am also not in any hurry to be slapped into a hospital room. NC is notorious for treating people with problems exactly like criminals. One tiniest hint of 'suicide'.... You end up being basically a prisoner without being in the prison, thereby making the situation worse. You lose ALL your rights, no one will hire you, and on and on and on. I am going to look into finding a therapist (since God either doesn't exist or still thinks this is funnier than watching TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes and obviously isn't gonna help me) And hope said person isn't on a 'lock 'em up' spree.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

See- THIS is what I deal with... Stumped people, when I do ask the hard stuff, it sometimes and somehow gets 'lost'- and on and on and on. It never ends. I don't get a real answer, I get screwed and my chain yanked!

I'll ask again. Why doesn't God love me....?

God does love you and I am not talking about the Christian version. Its the big picture of the souls journey. The creator gives us challenges to temper us into learning hard lesson that cannot be learned but through the fires of life.

How many lessons in this life have you learned from having a good time?

Compare those to the ones that stick with you to the grave and beyond...the ones that sting. These do more than teach, they make our souls clear the lesson forever if it is learned so we then vibrate at a higher frequency.

I too my friend have had such horrific things happen to me so many time I ask why doesn't God love me. I have seen to many others have even more horrific things happen to them that make me question why.

Last Friday my department was toned out to a house fire. After fighting it for hours the owner came home from work. She took one look at her house and collapsed on the side of the street, two firefighters sat next to her and held her. Next thing I know my Chief gathers up three of us and says under his breath we have three dogs missing and to search for them. Little Yorkies...all three dead.

I walked over to where she was to tell her....she had a picture of one of them covering the entire front of her tee shirt. I didn't have the heart to tell her so I just sat next to her and put my arm around her. Another firefighter walked up and told her.

The pain in her eyes was nearly too much to bare. I said to her "I lost my beloved dog last year and you know I believe they have little souls and that I feel my dogs soul with me from time to time. I said these little ones are now your guardians and are here to help you now."

She searched herself and agreed...she found the truth within and she went from being hysterical too just sad.

Who knows what the lesson was for her, it was personal and maybe even her physical self doesn't know but her higher self does know. The creator can be a hard teacher but he does love us. He sent me to take away a bit of her sting, this I know for a fact.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Now try to explain to me why EVERY relationship I could have has been trashed outright- EVERY person who has any love for me removed from me forcibly, if necessary. (BTW- this also happened with a St. Bernard... a DOG who really did like me and tried to protect me from everything and everything. For some of you potty minds- not like that, get your heads out of the gutter. A dog got removed because she cared for me..!) Why when the few times I did fall in love, that was ruined, and done so far out of my control- all I could do was watch.

This is stuff that I can only explain. It's like talking about a UFO... I cant offer more than what i have seen, and experienced, unfortunately.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Sometimes..... I really wonder if I am not being groomed (or someone's trying awful hard) for something truly sinister. I wonder what part in the 'game' I am supposed to be playing.... And it's obvious I am not 'playing nice'. :-\ OR by the 'rules'- whatever they are.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Sometimes..... I really wonder if I am not being groomed (or someone's trying awful hard) for something truly sinister. I wonder what part in the 'game' I am supposed to be playing.... And it's obvious I am not 'playing nice'. :-\ OR by the 'rules'- whatever they are.

I feel the same way sometimes. I hate to use the Star Wars analogy but it fits so well. I truly understand why Annekin Skywalker became Vader. Its like this terrible test....or is it a cleansing test? If I go with my inner hatred for all I have lost (I too have lost so so much on my life, my entire childhood family are dead I lost the love of my life and I could go on for pages, hell last year I buried my beloved dog and 7 cats I wont keep going because its all nearly unlivable) then I go to the Dark.

If I don't though, after all that I have gone through and I stick with goodness I believe I will then maybe step out of the cycle of reincarnation from this 3rd density state.

This is what WE strive for friend. I know everyone has problems but for some of us its like an avalanche. If you stand against it like a warrior then you are truly blessed.

By the way I dont believe in organized religion. I'm Pagan

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Read the book "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" by John Allegro. It has never been refuted. Proves the bible is a bunch of fairy tales about mushrooms and fertility and nature worship.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by videoworldwide

The problem in my case- none of what I am going thru is fairy tales. I just don't know who to believe "in charge of the universe" wise because I think all of the candidates are fulla crap.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with believing in "god" because that is up to interpretation among many people.

But, the identity of the "son of god" is a very difficult idea to swallow.

God, himself, or herself, is but one issue to deal with and the question of ...when did god come into existence? and so forth are always going to be perplexing, but throw a son into the equation and you get so many variable and anomalies that one can only speculate in ludicrousness.

for example, whom did god mate with? Now, we must contemplate Goddess. But furthermore, where and when did god and goddess copulate is a whole new question

If anyone claimed to be the son of god, I would want to see proof myself, not some hokey miracle, but I want to meet the maker himself.

Anyone can claim to be the son of god. If a magician was around back then, he could have easily fooled people to believe the parlor tricks. Did anyone witness the birth of Christ? if it was witnessed, why is there no mention of the Goddess who gave birth to him?

Oh, immaculate conception you say?
That's how a mushroom comes into existence. Spores are "activated" by water in the environment.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by videoworldwide

God, himself, or herself, is but one issue to deal with and the question of ...when did god come into existence?

God always was. He exists outside of time. It's humans whom haven't existed forever, not God.

for example, whom did god mate with? Now, we must contemplate Goddess. But furthermore, where and when did god and goddess copulate is a whole new question

God didn't mate with anyone because, for one, God doesn't have to. He's God; He can do anything. Second, God IS Christ. It says it in 1 John 5:7. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." ("The Word" is Christ.)

if it was witnessed, why is there no mention of the Goddess who gave birth to him?

The Bible mentions who gives birth to Christ: her name is Mary. She isn't a goddess, she was a regular person; a sinner just like every one of us.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join