It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I hear ya...

And sure, he might have done several universes before this one, and he got bored etc. But still....it had to begin at some point, Right?

And then we get back to..."Who created the creator..." And I sure like to know what the creator, of someone who has the power to do anything, are capable of. And if the creators creator where that powerfull, why make the creator in the first place...and who made him??

Arrgh...

And o yes, what you speak of is truely a mystery to me as well. And as you say, even a greater one.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Pat Condell says some other things about God that aren't too kind, so I don't understand why God didn't smite him
do you honestly think anything this puny man can say matters to God.
what is wrong w/ you?get a grip. his absolute lack of intelligence probly works in his defense anyway. i'm still waiting for someone who can challenge me.
pat condell says. you really should proof read

[edit on 19-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

Even Satan knows the truth.
I think the Lord Jesus Christ will return December 21, 2012.
We just need to ride it out a few more years. We are almost there.
It will be a new beginning not an end.
I'm looking forward to it.
Jesus will give us a Heaven Endorsed New World Order.
A world with no poverty. It will take about 50 years but it can be done.
We will get simple advice to no longer "Go forth be fruitful and multiply".
We must keep an eye on "Population Control" due to "Limited Resources".
The numbers are becoming unmanagable in India and China.
There must be a change.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

And o yes, what you speak of is truely a mystery
well now you,re talkin to me pal.ya know what someday, could be tommorrow, we all get to solve the great mystery.i'm absolutly positive about this much.i,ll at the very least be as happy as you.
and w/ that i'm outta here, and it has been fun,carry on.
God bless

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

people as long as they don't try to force their believes upon others who have no desire at all to believe what you believe.
reply to post by Akezzon

see i don't believe in your interest, because all this being forced
in to something is just crap talk. like you were religiously gang raped or something .i mean what about my wimsicle questions.forced ?whats that all about?.example me.what makes me your messenger again? even after all this waste of space and time.i'm not asking anything for you.ask him yourself when you see him. and please dispell any negs. now you will see him .so save it.

You don't believe in my interest??
That is quite ok.

Well, If I said God does not exist, and you would say. "Ok, for you he might not but he does for me" and then end the discussion I would accept that and would never say that you are trying to force anything on me.
But here we have 44 pages of people trying to convince people who don't believe that he do exist I do see it as an attempt to force a religon upon others. When this happens I answer in the same way. ( Which ofc is just as bad ). But religons have a long history of forcing... So it is not hard to make the connection to it even today.

All I did, was asking a simple question and gave my thought of why I don't think he did exist before the beginning. The response I got was not what I hoped for, but I did expect it.

And no, I don't believe I will meet Him. Unless Zues, Thor, Hades, Odin, Shiva stand in line taking care of the inbound souls, but then I will most likely look after the side entrence where it says Buddhism or Atheists.

I will not say you don't end up somewhere after death. Cause I just don't know. I just don't believe in ONE allmighty god.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Pat Condell says some other things about God that aren't too kind, so I don't understand why God didn't smite him
do you honestly think anything this puny man can say matters to God.
what is wrong w/ you?get a grip. his absolute lack of intelligence probly works in his defense anyway. i'm still waiting for someone who can challenge me.
pat condell says. you really should proof read

Challenge you? What is your challenge? Your writing doesn't make that much sense in some of your posts, so is the challenge to interpret somehow what you are saying? You have a nerve to put down someone else's intelligence when you haven't demonstrated much of it yourself. You are pretty much proving all non christians right with every post. At least everyone (well, most anyway) else is giving reasons and examples of what they put in their posts, regardless of the side of arguement. You haven't contributed anything that is even considered "challenging" by a long shot. You should try just a little bit harder there, trust me, the pain goes away.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Right there with you bro. The strength of character and faith of heart within Jesus is truly a standard to live by. Those that mock Him are loved just as much as those that follow Him. I find it interesting how irritating and infuriating this is to those that scorn Him.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Why so angry bro? Can't we just agree to disagree? And no one that understands the Christian faith would describe our God as a bearded dude sittin on a cloud. If someone here did on this thread, I must've missed it, so I apologize if that's the case.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What if Jesus was never real and was written as a story?

Would you still take the advice of Jesus as being the "Only Way" if Jesus was fictional?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

You have valid points. But this thread seems more like a bloodbath than a discussion, or anybody forcing beliefs on others. When one side gets mad and takes shots at the other, it is human nature to defend. We are commanded to turn the other cheek and all that, but I guess it takes a special kind of patience to avoid defending someone you love, but I digress.

It really irks me, on the other hand, when self-described Christians make us look dumb or uneducated or even just plain blind. I have reasons to believe that Jesus is as much God as His Father and the Spirit that dwells within those that believe His promise of forgiveness through His actions on the cross. I can't explain it so that it makes any sense to those hardened against the idea, but I tell my story to those that ask, and leave it at that. Why hound someone when they don't want to hear it?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

If? If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

Obviously if He was proven fakery, there'd be no point in believing in His promise. 2+2 and all that.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
LoL why dont you people understand that believes and faith are very personal. Non of us ever feel the same thing. Non of us ever have the same thoughts. Non of ever image the same projections from a text from a book like the Bible.

If a believer in God cant prove to your satisfaction that God does exist. How would you a Non believer prove to a believer, to their satisfaction that God don't exist?

It will never happen..... EVER ..... Its like a infinite discussion that will go an for ever. Because we demand that every one else have the same faith, believes and understanding like our own. It will never happen PIRIOD. Not like this anyway.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

The reason that I ask that question is because I do most certainly believe that Jesus was Fictional and was just written as a story.

NOT here to debate that! We can consider it an opinion based on evidence that I find acceptable for myself.

I wanted to make the point that for some people the reason we do not believe in Jesus as being the only way is because we consider Jesus to not have actually existed.

For MYSELF (my opinion only not trying to insult your belief's) I find the story of Jesus to be really cool and nice and peaceful. BUT for ME that is all it is, A story.

Therefore I consider Jesus to not be the Only Way.

I hope I contributed to the OP's thread title in a beneficial way and not in an insulting way. Just trying to help others understand each other.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Well you have to fallow the path that feels right for you. What you think or believe is not common fro every one. So its not really important to any one what you believe or think. Whats important is what we within our self believe and think. Your thought or believes are right for your mind but it might not be like that for anyone else.

you dont believe that Jesus is the only right way. Well you have to accept that not everyone will shear that thought. Some believe that Jesus is the only way. And for them it is. Whats wrong with that?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I really can't disagree with what you said. What I do not agree with is when someone says Jesus is the only way not just for themselves but for others who disagree with them.

To say that there is no other way for others is incorrect. There indeed are MANY "ways" for other people.

While I cannot tell someone they are not allowed to say that Jesus is the only way for everyone I can attempt to show them they are indeed incorrect in that statement.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
reply to post by spy66

What I do not agree with is when someone says Jesus is the only way not just for themselves but for others who disagree with them.

To say that there is no other way for others is incorrect. There indeed are MANY "ways" for other people.

While I cannot tell someone they are not allowed to say that Jesus is the only way for everyone I can attempt to show them they are indeed incorrect in that statement.

I agree. They to try to teach others what they read and understand from what they read. But if you look closely! hardly any of them even agree among them selves on what they understand from what they read. I dont want to be among them. I fallow my own instincts and knowledge.

Personally i believe that the only way to God is through Jesus. But if you know of a different way i think that is great.
The thing is we should care more about our own way then what way others take. The reason for that is!!! If you or I are going the wrong way we might drag others with us and that is wrong. Our job is not to convince but to tell. So that others can have a choice. The same freedom to choose path as you and i had. Our job is not to convince or distract others to take the same road as we chose to take. They have to decide whats right for them selves.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rekar
reply to post by heliosprime

Well, I dont mean to cut down on you, but A lot of Christians tend to try and bend anothers beliefs to follow Christianity, and thats where Christians get a bad name from. I think that is why a lot of people become atheists or convert to some other religion.

Rekar

People "convert" to some other religion because they are influenced by the devil and turn away from the real truth of God.

Any belief other than God the Father, Jesus his son the savior, keeping sabbath (weekly and annuals), keeping the commandments is a FALSE religion.

Those who turn away are not seeking truth but convienience for their guilt.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

People "convert" to some other religion because they are influenced by the devil and turn away from the real truth of God.

Any belief other than God the Father, Jesus his son the savior, keeping sabbath (weekly and annuals), keeping the commandments is a FALSE religion.

Those who turn away are not seeking truth but convienience for their guilt -heliosprime

And this is exactly what I am talking about.

I could try with my best efforts to show this person that they are entitled to their opinion but I disagree with them.

It would make no difference. They are not only sure this is the right path not just for themselves but that this is the right (and ONLY) path for EVERYONE.

My opinion makes no difference. My words fall on deaf ears. I have been and I quote "Influenced by the devil".

How do you even begin to have a rational discussion with someone who believes you are the Incarnation of Evil?

When you attempt to state your case you are "seeking convienance for your guilt".

That ends the conversation right there.

ANYTHING that you could even begin to ATTEMPT to say to this person is getting instantly placed in the circular file of "Devils Tongue".

There is no meaningful exchange of wisdom or even the basic exchange of beliefs or knowledge.

there is lecture, there is preaching.

BUT it is a one way information flow. Upload only.

The router is set to "Devil" for downloads.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

LoL yeah it scares me to.

Knowledge is not to believe everything that you read, but to understand everything that you read.

Edit for grammar:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

There is no meaningful exchange of wisdom or even the basic exchange of beliefs or knowledge.

there is lecture, there is preaching.

BUT it is a one way information flow. Upload only.

The router is set to "Devil" for downloads.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

This is so very true. I have begun to despair of it, to be honest. How can any meaningful conversation be had this way?

I had no idea that Christians were so closed-minded, but some on this thread have taught me otherwise. They don't want to discuss anything. They just want to preach, accuse and condemn.

As an intelligent woman, I cannot maintain a discussion like that. I find it akin to talking into a crazed void. I require reciprocal intelligence and courtesy.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join