It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

Quick question I figured I ask while following along here....

What Religion did Jesus Belong to? Dont you think it would be more beneficial to follow that instead of Him, On a more serious note?

Rekar

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Jesus is the center of judaism and the leading up to it.Jesus is literally fufilled prophecies in the old testament.Religion can be corrupted by corruptible man.Never follow man that's why god wrote you a letter(the bible).Many people can mislead you in religion but christ's words in KJV are the final authority.If you are a beleiver you will spiritualy be given the holy ghost that will guide your understanding of god's word.I was formally a Satanist and I have lived an evil life and now I without doubt Know the truth .Do not trust Man trust spiritual guidance by God if you truly seek without evil or vain Intentions the truth will be revealed and the truth shall set you free.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So you think the Bible, written by man, when you even said "Never follow man". So, Dont follow the Bible, which was written by man. Jesus is the Center of Judaism, but that doesnt mean he followed that. It means that it revolved around him, I was asking what religion he followed.

Rekar

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rekar

There are those who believe that Jesus followed a Jewish sect of gnostics... the Essenes; they are accredited for writing the Dead Sea Scrolls.

www.essenespirit.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

but i do notice they team up together to bash anyone who believes in Jesus Christ.

Because a far lot more of us have been affected by Christians than satanists. and NOT in a good way, either.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What would really be nice is for nonbelievers to Christ a chance to show you that He is very real.

Lee Strobel's A Case for Christ ... good book!

I know Jesus is real.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
There are those who believe that Jesus followed a Jewish sect of gnostics... the Essenes; they are accredited for writing the Dead Sea Scrolls.

John the Baptist more closely resembles the Essenes. Jesus didn't exactly follow their teachings.

On a different note, I do find it interesting that Jesus and Jude refer to the book of Enoch. Jude quotes it while Jesus alludes to it heavily in some passages of the New Testament.

I also think Paul refers to the book of Enoch when he mentions the third heaven.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rekar
So you think the Bible, written by man, when you even said "Never follow man". So, Dont follow the Bible, which was written by man. Jesus is the Center of Judaism, but that doesnt mean he followed that. It means that it revolved around him, I was asking what religion he followed.

Rekar

many of the books in the bible were written by God and recorded by men through direct devine visions. The majority of these books are called the "old" testament.

Jesus worshipped his father in heaven just as Abraham down through Moses, David, etc. He was sent to provide a final sacrifice to mankinds sins. To call Jesus a "jew" is misleading. He followed the commandments perfectly. Not the fake traditions, but the actual commandments of his Father.

Keep the Commandments of God through the faith of Jesus. When you fail, and you will fail, ask forgiveness through Jesus.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What Religion did Jesus Belong to? Dont you think it would be more beneficial to follow that instead of Him, On a more serious note?

Jesus was a Jew. He was kosher. He observed the feast days. He even paid the Temple tax. He was more closely aligned with the Pharisees, than the Essenes or the Saducees.

However...

His mission wasn't to perpetuate Judaism. He was establishing the New Covenant and the New Creation. He is everything the Hebrew Bible was pointing to. The sacrifices, the holy days, the psalms, the Temple, the Law, the Prophets...everything.

Regarding the creation of something new, he himself said you don't put new wine into old wine skins, because the old wine skins will burst when the new wine ferments. A radically new program had to come about, because what he brought, the old covenant infrastructure just couldn't contain.

And so, we see Jesus calling others to follow him. To hear his teachings. To put into practice his commandments...which included the relevant parts of the old commandments, minus the outward trappings, such as sacrifice and Temple service. And why subtract that stuff? Simply because something greater than Moses, greater than the old covenant, greater than the Temple itself was here...Lord Jesus. The new way.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by randyvs

but i do notice they team up together to bash anyone who believes in Jesus Christ.

Because a far lot more of us have been affected by Christians than satanists. and NOT in a good way, either.

There are many who call themselves christian and are but pagans. Most likely it was then who you were "affected" by......

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
To call Jesus a "jew" is misleading. He followed the commandments perfectly.

It's not misleading at all. "Jew" isn't a dirty word. It comes from the tribe of Judah. And Jesus is the son of David of the tribe of Judah. If anything, Jesus is the true Jew.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Well, I dont mean to cut down on you, but A lot of Christians tend to try and bend anothers beliefs to follow Christianity, and thats where Christians get a bad name from. I think that is why a lot of people become atheists or convert to some other religion.

Rekar

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Praetorian Guard

Quick question I figured I ask while following along here....

Rekar

Personally, I don't think Jesus was a part of a "religion" at all. I have a thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... that some-what relates to your question.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Ohh yes... Nice answer, and I read a bit of the link you posted. I believe the only way to become enlightened is to stop following and start leading. Christians are all following Christ, but nobody is the same, and not everyone can reach enlightenment the way He did. This is the same with other Leaders in Religions, Buddha, Juda, etc..

Now we have everyone following, and who the hell is Leading anymore? Any new religions come about? Nope, why..? Because we have everyone following now....

Rekar

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by otto octavius
Everything Jesus has done, the ancient egyptian god Horus has also done.

Both Horus and Jesus were

born from a virgin
walked on water
cured the sick
healed the blind
crucified
resurrected three days later
and many other things. In fact, Jesus had many similarities to many gods (Horus included) that came before him. It seems no more then copyright infringement to me.

It would be nice if an objective, reliable source could do the comparison. As the site says here:
Parallels suggested about the lives of Jesus & Horus

Some skeptics may lose objectivity because they are motivated by a desire to weaken the claims of Christianity; Christians may lose objectivity because they don't want to admit that there such parallels could exist and throw doubt on the accuracy of the Bible. We have not yet found an objective, reliable source.

Until we have an objective, reliable source then I guess we have to look and decide for ourselves.

Comparison of some life events of Horus and Jesus:]
In the link, scroll down to the table and you'll see 36 aspects of the lives of Jesus and Horus compared.

If you are objective and impartial, look at the list and decide for yourself.

If you aren't objective and impartial, I guess there's no need to look if your mind is already made up.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The real question is why have you forsaken the God of your ancestors?

Why have you adopted the God of the Jews?
Why do you believe that a Jewish Messiah can take you to "heavan"?

That Jew salesman Saul/Paul really got you to buy his line didn't he?
You might say he really pulled the wool over your eyes. That's why you are called the Messiah's "Flock" (of sheep).

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
have faith in your self not something you are told to you..

for what ever reason it may be.. when you die you will soon find out all the answers will you not?

That is why i have no faith in any bible for they only remove you from the very thing that created everything

No bible on this planet was wrote by god "FACT"

have a nice day

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Until we have an objective, reliable source then I guess we have to look and decide for ourselves.

my good friend read your statement closely..

the choice has always been ours, the gift was being here to make it.

as in heaven shall it be on earth

that was not a joke...

we are in both hell and heaven ..

symmetry is the kicker in this.. for in everything is order and equilibrium

god or whatever made us does not do mistakes or you would have 3 legs not 2

; )

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

god or whatever made us does not do mistakes or you would have 3 legs not 2

Oh, true- He's past simply 3 legs. Why botch it like that, when you can have siamese twins, shriveled limbs, NO limbs, hypertrichosis, retardation, mongoloidism, and the list goes on.....

Seems the only ones who miss the freak show train are the well fed, well taken care of, and the well funded.... yay, God!

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join