It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

As someone who doesn't believe in the religions of christianity, I will say I don't view you folks as secretaries whos purpose it is to convince me of anything. I view christians who are respectful and don't flaunt their religion around as good people. I view the ones who walk into a room full of people with differant religions only to say that christianity is right, everyone else is wrong, and they will all burn in hell as just plain annoying.

What gets under my skin is when the evangelical christians are given a bit of power and they start trying to tell ME what is right and wrong regardless of my personal beliefs.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
First let me prove that islam is false. Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet this He cannot lie. Jesus said He was God and the saviour, how do Muslims deny this? They claim the Christian Gospel is a false Gospel invented hundreds of years later and the real Gospel was revealed to Mohammed and the real Gospel foretold the coming of himself.

Archaeology has proven that as early as 55AD Christians knew the Gospel we continue to hear today and by which we are saved. Islam is a false religion based on this fact whether Christianity is true or not.

we also worshiped snakes, killed humans for sacrifices to the gods, prayed to statues and countless other things.
the way you practice your faith is the way YOU practice it.
who in the hell are Christians/Catholics to say THEIR WAY IS RIGHT because THIS PERSON TOLD THEM, at this time...i mean seriously i hope this religion falls to its knees in the coming years.
HALF...correction almost 90% of them dont even know what there praying to, the meaning of there sins etc.
"OH I CANT DO THIS SO I WONT"
you get the answers and thats it, u follow it blindly without understanding it thoroughly.
there like a child being instructed by there parents "NO DONT DO THAT"
and that's itt
its such a sad sad joke

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

What the OP is referring to, about the prophecy of Jesus' coming, is Daniel's Seventy Weeks prophecy. With the literal interpretation of this prophecy, if you start counting from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem some 483 years, it brings you to the time of Jesus, to the day that Jesus entered Jerusalem as the Messiah.

The interesting thing about this prophecy is that it was translated into the Septuagint 250 years or so before Jesus came. So, it's not possible that it was added after Jesus had lived.

But, that is was the OP is referring to.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
'___'eviant I just provided medical evidence backing up my claims and your response is to make ad hominem attack on the research explain how you are not reading a book that proves you wrong and then are leaving.

I thought you atheists were free thinkers? You sound very self-censoring.

I used to be an atheist but unlike you I researched the Gospel and unable to refute I I had only one option. Jesus was who they say He is.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

I have heard talk of Jesus traveling around that area. I do not know it is true or not. But the message is always more important than the source. Because only from the message can we find the source. Buddha believed we would find enlightenment through meditation. Jesus also. His message summed up would be this, at least for me. Now i die for your shortcomings(sin). You are truly free now. Free will now takes you on your journey. The lessons i have taught to you will guide you on your journey. Love is the ultimate treasure. It is the only means to self peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

Just choose wisely, L - make sure you can live with your choice, as well as die by it, that's all.

I wouldn't even waste my time posting here about this stuff unless I cared about all the ones who are being misled or deceived. Please know that.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

'___'eviant I just provided medical evidence backing up my claims and your response is to make ad hominem attack on the research explain how you are not reading a book that proves you wrong and then are leaving.

I thought you atheists were free thinkers? You sound very self-censoring.

I used to be an atheist but unlike you I researched the Gospel and unable to refute I I had only one option. Jesus was who they say He is.

Lee Strobel used to be an atheist, too - his story is inspirational and worth reading. He actually started his research with one goal in mind - to discredit God and the Bible. In the end, ............ well, you can read his story, or listen to it on youtube.

VIDEO

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I gaurantee that those here who claim that Christianity is not true or is just like everyother religion has not actually studied Christianity and what it claims. It is the only religion in the world that makes the claim it does. It also is the only religion in the world built off the profession of the reality of an absurdly supernatural event.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Jesus was who they say He is.

How about Jesus being who he says he is "the son of man". That is always the way he identifies himself. He also states that the things he does everyone else can do if they had faith the size of a mustard seed. He never makes himself special.

My personal opinion. He would be appalled at how he has been deified and his real message misinterpreted.

edit for emphasis and clarification

[edit on 14-7-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

All I'm trying to say to you is to make sure you are confident in your choice, that's all.

I sin everyday - there isn't one human on this planet that doesn't. You don't have to be perfect in order to receive eternal salvation.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by '___'eviant

Just choose wisely, L - make sure you can live with your choice, as well as die by it, that's all.

I wouldn't even waste my time posting here about this stuff unless I cared about all the ones who are being misled or deceived. Please know that.

actually, i find you rather deceiving. using your other thread as an example, i asked questions of you, and asked your opinion of founding fathers quotes that contradicted the ones used in the video you posted.
so far you've only ignored those inquiries, yet you claim others misleed and deceive?
i run into this constantly during conversations with christians.

link   

First let me prove that islam is false. Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet this He cannot lie. Jesus said He was God and the saviour, how do Muslims deny this? They claim the Christian Gospel is a false Gospel invented hundreds of years later and the real Gospel was revealed to Mohammed and the real Gospel foretold the coming of himself.

Archaeology has proven that as early as 55AD Christians knew the Gospel we continue to hear today and by which we are saved. Islam is a false religion based on this fact whether Christianity is true or not.

Well, you deny them, don't you?
I just don't understand how people can judge others beliefs only by refering to a story in a book.

I wonder how humanity survived for over 10 000 of years without the Christian religon.

It might be a higher being of some sort, and you might come to another place when you leave your body...who knows, but I don't believe that religon have anything to do with it.
Religon is a way of choice to live your life. There is no true or false way.
Religon is like McDonalds. Both of them use a frame of reference so everyone knows how to do, how to live, and have to administer their business or their life.

With other words, Franchising....

If I personally were to choose a religon to "follow" I would most likely choose the godless religon of Budhism. I rather have a guideline to follow than a single god.

But I would consider myself as a Atheist.

HOWEVER!!

What I have wrote here, is how I look at this. If you want to choose the Christian way, then by all means do so. But when a religous man, no matter the religon of choice, claims that their religon is the "true" one...then I go aggro.

No one, NO ONE, has the right to tell anyone else what they should believe.
That is the only true freedom we all have. The freedom to establish our own point of view of things.

With that said, Welcome to ATS.

Now I'll leave this thread alone.

link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Sigh. I just can't look away. Like a train wreck.

I'm not an atheist. Thanks for your presumption. Although what you're telling me is that what I believe is WRONG. You do not know what I believe, and you have already determined that no belief can be as valid as yours. I tried to find your source, could not, decided that reading AN ENTIRE BOOK is a bit much for a claim as simple as the one this guy is making, as it should be verifiable by independent medical documents.

I appreciate the effort you've made, but I've determined that any religion based on a few select documents (chosen while discarding entirely accounts which contradict them) is ALMOST CERTAINLY just a tool for control; a slave religion. I won't bring up the Egyptian parallels, or anything else, because I am really and truly going to go downstairs right now, and not come back to my computer until morning, because I have rented movies, and I will not be able to watch them all before they are due if I stay here debating. Make another thread or PM me if you would like this to continue.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Really? I have heard this nonsense from christians for 3 decades now. Exactly what sort of persecution are you undergoing as a christian that non christians are not going through as well?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

There are three different generation time frames mentioned in the Bible though - a 40, 70 and a 120.

We have passed the 40 already - whew. But the 70 year one is coming up in ten years.

Or the 120 by 2068.

Either way, time is short.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Heya Octo. Thanks for clearing that up. I never got into the details of that when I was a kid.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

This is not what Jesus taught at all. Jesus taught that He was God and Man and by His sinlessness as He was the only one who could be sinless, He would pay the price God demands for our sin. By accepting that throughbprofessin our belief in the Gospel and by confessing our sins to Jesus for no one comes to God the father except through Jesus Christ, we are saved.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Fine. FINE. One more. JUST ONE MORE.

I read the Case for Christ and The Case for a Creator. I didn't feel swayed by them; Strobel jumps to conclusions too quickly. Something inexplicable? Well, obviously, God is the most logical answer! (From CfaC there) That's quite a leap. And I won't make it with him.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelhernsin

we also worshiped snakes, killed humans for sacrifices to the gods, prayed to statues and countless other things.
the way you practice your faith is the way YOU practice it.
who in the hell are Christians/Catholics to say THEIR WAY IS RIGHT

because THIS PERSON TOLD THEM, at this time...i mean seriously i hope

this religion falls to its knees in the coming years.

HALF...correction almost 90% of them dont even know what there praying to, the meaning of there sins etc.
"OH I CANT DO THIS SO I WONT"
you get the answers and thats it, u follow it blindly without understanding it thoroughly.
there like a child being instructed by there parents "NO DONT DO THAT"
and that's itt
its such a sad sad joke

Never close your mind to the possibility. You see even some people who are in the church will be turned away. We all know what is right and what is wrong. Our hearts condemn us when we are wrong. It is frustrating sometimes that people intentionally refuse to accept something because they do not understand it. Except science so it seems. Just take their word for it. lol. It is kind of funny, but if you do not understand something and do not research it, looking at it from every possible angle, then your input should always be what? I don't know.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The persecution of Christians in Britain by homosexual activists and their laws under the guide of antidoscriminatiom is both amaIng and terrifying. It is the rise of Nazism against Christianity in a way far worse, the silencing of the Gospel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join