It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicklecell
Christianity like all religions arose out of a need to control the masses, and it is basically a cut and copy of various other religions and myths.
Here is some interesting reading: www.religioustolerance.org...

I don't think Christianity exists today because of any need to control the masses, it seems to me like we don't really want to die, so the idea that we can live forever is very appealing to us. In fact as my Sunday School teacher used to remind us, if we don't believe in Jesus, we're going to die, and then not have eternal life after that.

But you know what my Sunday school teacher never told me? Any of the facts about early Christianity, I was shocked when I saw this video

so I researched furiously to prove the whole video is a lie, and you know what? I found a couple of statements I would take issue with based on my research, but for the most part,I was finding a hard time getting any facts to contradict what was presented. Maybe someone here can help me prove this video is all lies but I haven't had much luck with that so far.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Good to see the loons are congregating together and sharing their loony tunes - keep it up - funny stuff this GOD - hilarious.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Thanks a star for you for being reasonable in consideration of my Christianess.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

Thank you.

I just don't understand why it's so hard to give ones' opinion and even emphasize it as Truth, and then leave it at that without all the starting of wars and all that tedious business. Someday, those on earth will live in peace, but it won't be religion or science that brings it to us.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Everything Jesus has done, the ancient egyptian god Horus has also done.

Both Horus and Jesus were

born from a virgin
walked on water
cured the sick
healed the blind
crucified
resurrected three days later
and many other things. In fact, Jesus had many similarities to many gods (Horus included) that came before him. It seems no more then copyright infringement to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Mod Edit:

Off topic comments removed.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The Bible doesn't "predict" the coming of Jesus, the writers of the New Testament shadowed story elements in the Old Testament to give the New Testament weight and a sense of lineage.

The Roman empire was full of little cults and mish-mash of different myths, Judaism had been around for a long time and so held some level of esteem, which would hopefully rub off on any new cult that attatched itself to it.

The only reason the Jesus myth thrived to the modern day is because the Roman empire took it on as the official religion, and then for the next thousand+ years it accumulated an obscene amount of power, land and money under the murderous black hand of the Holy roman empire/papacy.

I could start a Goddess cult tomorrow shadowing events in Alice In Wonderland, proving that Lewis Caroll's work predicted the coming of my Goddess.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Chris Carter predicted 9/11 in the pilot for the Lone Gunmen tv series. Christ Carter must be the next Jesus. I will go sacrifice a lamb in his honor.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

I will go sacrifice a lamb in his honor.

Dont forget the mint jelly and a side salad!

Oh- and go medium rare. Lamb doesn't taste good burned to a crisp. Or nuked... I should know....

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Am I late to the party?

What is this thread about?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ain't nobody here but us chickens! I'm going to tell you the truth, although I realize it is admitting my weakness. When I posted in this thread, thinking I could be a good witness for my Lord Jesus Christ, I found the sheer number of questions overwhelming. I didn't come here to debate, although I realize that ATS is all about debate! I just wanted to explain why I hold fast to my faith. Tonight, when I saw that people who see Jesus as a joke or worse were the only ones here, I thought I should just stay away. After all, I have plenty going on in my life right now, and answering hostile questions is just exhausting. But what came to mind is what a chicken I am. That doesn't make me any different, though, than the 'heroes of the faith'. Some of the greatest chickens in the Bible were people whose names most of you have heard of: Abraham, Gideon, Elijah, Moses, Jacob, and Peter. True, they sometimes were brave, but the stories of their cowardice are well known to people who love the Bible, but I'll bet the rest of you don't even know that they were BIG chickens. So I guess it is O.K. that I am one, too.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

Welcome to the henhouse. Here's your basket, you get 1 cup of feed a day, 2 cups water. Fill the basket with grade A medium to large, make sure they're sorted.

My questions aren't just to be mean- I have been put thru the wringer, and I'd like to know WHY. I'd like to know why I have been (literally) separated from having a normal relationship like the rest of the world, the torture I have been thru, the constant unanswered 20 years of prayer- and why Christians who use God as a tax shelter, or to hide behind get EVERYTHING handed to them gratis.

They may not be mean questions, but they aren't anything that are gonna be solved with liberal bible passages, either. My situations doesn't EXIST in the Bible. Apart from one, lemme repeat, ONE verse- how someone in my position should be pitied. Nothing else. And I cant remember where it is. but it's IN there.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
When I think of your situation, I think about the book I am reading at present 'The God I Love', by Joni Eareckson Tada. I don't know if you have heard of her, but there was a movie made about her life called 'Joni'. She was a very athletic, outdoorsy teenager who after a dive in water that turned out to be too shallow, became a quadriplegic. She is very honest about the anger and depression that she went through in the first few years of her paralysis. I think you would enjoy the book, and that you might find strength through it. Also, I am not sure what churches you have tried, but believe me, it can take many tries before you find one that 'fits'. I've been disappointed in many of the churches that I have attended. But others have been so amazing that to me they were like 'Camelot', in that they were just as I would want them to be. Unfortunately, I don't live near one of those at present.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

I have been put thru the wringer, and I'd like to know WHY. I'd like to know why I have been (literally) separated from having a normal relationship like the rest of the world, the torture I have been thru, the constant unanswered 20 years of prayer-

You're asking the wrong question, that's why you're getting the wrong answer. Stop asking "why" and start asking "what can I do, now, to make my life better?" Answers will come.

Why was Imaculee put through a holocaust where her friends and family were raped and murdered while she hid out in a bathroom for months trying to keep the same thing from happening to her? Do you see her asking "why" The answer is, no you don't. I think you can learn something from her.

www.immaculee.com...

Immaculée's life was transformed dramatically during the 1994 Rwandan genocide where she and seven other women spent 91 days huddled silently together in the cramped bathroom of a local pastor's house. Immaculée entered the bathroom a vibrant, 115-pound university student with a loving family—she emerged weighing just 65 pounds to find her entire family had been brutally murdered

We've all got our problems but most of haven't been through a holocaust like that. I'm sure she has scars from it, but she survived and is a strong, positive force in the world now.

www.ascensiongateway.com...

'It is very hard to find love and peace in ourselves when we are carrying around these energies of hate, guilt and anger'. When you realize that through forgiveness your heart will open up and love and peace will flood through your hole being changing your hole world. When we let go of these burdens, these chains that keep us from becoming our true divine self, then and only then can we become enlightened souls, free to love and accept ourselves and everyone else on this planet.

You also can turn your life around but I don't think it will happen until you let go of your negative thoughts and focus on positive thoughts. Prayer alone isn't enough, as my friend once told me, "God helps those who help themselves". Let go of your anger, let go of your hate, look for positives in small things, like, at least you're still alive. you are controlling your future and your outlook on life by every thing you do. Every negative post you make here digs you in a deeper hole, but you can dig yourself out of that hole by having positive thoughts instead of negative ones, and then following those positive thoughts up with positive actions.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Also, I am not sure what churches you have tried, but believe me, it can take many tries before you find one that 'fits'.

I have tried a few. Since I am single, finding one where I can find someone who will accept me and love me (and yes, the same for me) is impossible. I have met Christian women that'd make Satan pee his pants in fright- and I do NOT mean by how 'godly' they were. The Bible talks about being unequally yoked, yet the church's own women are like a horror movie. It's when I had had enough that I went 'off property' and dated nonchristians. It's also when they started dropping away like flies... I couldn't keep a relationship for anything. Any reason- I heard it. Right up to the recent one. Fortunately for now... no one has actually *died* trying to date me. I don't think I could handle that. Everything else tho- from getting ill to going lesbian (yes, THAT has happened, too) has plagued me.

I wont go to a church that takes one look at my dirty, badly painted bug and sneers at me (has happened). I wont go to one where they look at me, and because I'm not handsome, tall, or have all my hair, they sneer at me (that's happened, too). I wont put up with being lied and manipulated (yeah... that, too)... or the other hundreds of things that seem to be at the forefront of churches today. It's become too much of that, not enough of God, OR watching what gets blabbed out of the bible even put to a fraction of real world use!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Here's a way to think about it: Would you rather be run down and eaten in large chunks by a huge animal, or slowly eaten by thousands of small bugs, who do the same job, but take WAY too long?

That's what's happened to me- I have been nibbled to death. Too many little pains, that have taken too long to just bring me to my knees. Too many small chunks (plus my heart- HUGE chunk initially) have been ripped off me. Too many people have hurt me. I don't mean 1, 2, or even a dozen. almost EVERYONE I have trusted has used me, abused me, and left what's left in the trash.

Worse part? 99% of them- CHRISTIANS. Worse than that? they get anything they desire with little to no effort. Meanwhile, I go thru the steps and work myself into a frenzy. For zip.

There's a world of difference in losing it all in one swoop, and being chewed up and spit out slowly and painfully. With one, the initial pain ends, and you're given time to rebuild yourself. The other- I'm still being chewed on actively.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You may have felt intimidated, but I don't think you behaved like a "chicken" at all. In fact, you are the first Christian to come back to me with anything aside from "It's God word, I don't question it," or "You're going to burn in hell."

So, although I disagree with you, I respect you for engaging in discussion on a subject most people find taboo.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

And that from a guy who has onyl half a face!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

You believe in her too? - cool!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Back to the OP and topic. If Jesus was resurrected, then he lives and he is the Christ. Here is a few videos for believers and unbelievers alike:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join