It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

The problem is that there are so many things that we do not know yet. People think that science and religion are separate, but they are not. Only when we understand how things happen do we no longer consider them a miracle. But just as Einstein said,"God does not play dice with the universe." We do not understand how everything is connected yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I"m betting you question history books as well? Since you weren't there to verify that things actually happened........ you couldn't possibly believe anything that is just written, huh.

That's the kicker - people that choose not to believe are always saying "Prove it to me, prove it to me".

Can you "prove" the Constitution was actually signed by men and not women?

Can you "prove" that Elvis is really in that casket in the dirt?

And the big question would be....... can you "prove" the Bible isn't true.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

That brings up yet another point - why do non believers always think that Christians are their secretaries here to convince them of anything?

Fyi - I'm not here to convince you, or anyone else for that matter. I'm here to share and discuss my beliefs. And if my beliefs don't coincide with yours, I'll still sleep ok tonight, my friend.

...Maybe you didn't see that the latter replies was to someone whose screen name is EVANGELICAL. ONE WHO EVANGELIZES. I'm giving you guys work, and you're like, "Man, someone who won't just say 'WOW, awesome, do I send the money to Pat Roberts directly, or should I give it to me local expensive fundamentalist Christian shrine'?"

If you take the bible literally, it is your duty to attempt to make me accept Jesus as my savior. But it won't work, because I require something better than a book written by men as proof.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
my problem with this, and this thread is how many times posters just say, here watch this, or here, read this,like it's absolute proof, and say basically nothing as far as their own personal beliefs.
none of this bothers me, but it does make one look brainwashed.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I disagree with the rapture, but I believe in Jesus.

I don't believe Jesus was only about peace and love, but truth and justice.

Yes, Jesus will Judge us, through the Book Of Life.

Coming Soon!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Can you prove that it is? You came here and titled a thread Jesus Christ is the only way. Baack that up. I didn't start a thread saying "The Declaration of Independence was written by men and not women!" or any of your other arbitrary examples. If you have no evidence, admit it. Admit that all your beliefs are founded on wishful thinking and that maybe once you felt a supernatural terror or love that you interpreted as God.

I don't care how you sleep. But I sleep great knowing that nobody's pulling the wool over my eyes.

Edit to add: got you and the other guy confused. Same thing though; I didn't make an outrageous claim indicating that the belief system of more than half the world's population is a lie.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by '___'eviant]

link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Your quote reminded me of what Oprah spewed on her show about there being more than one way to get to Heaven.

I have no idea who that woman was in the audience that stood up to her but kudos to her. Oprah is a tool of satan and doesn't even realize it.

Jesus is the only way for salvation and to Heaven. I have to shudder at all of the people on here that are falling right along behind the rest of the sheep on this one.

Sad.

lol its funny...i was born and raised catholic, gone to catholic school period of my life.
let me ask yout his.
If YOUR VERSION of heaven is so supreme, and the ultimate place to be. WHY did Lucifer get kicked out? yes i know the reasons and his personal gain/greed...but if heaven is what you and your religion claim it to be, HOW AND WHY did an angel "fall" and get corrupted?
OBVIOUSLY your heaven is FLAWED.
rather the negative is OUT of heaven, and NOW its peaceful doesn't matter. IT IS FLAWED AND IT HAS NEGATIVE IN IT.

does it make u feel awkward, that jesus christ MOST LIKELY followed Buddhist teachings, and basically is a hybrid of Judaism and Buddhism?

answer me that question with a REAL answer.
not some scripture, that your going to pull out of the "bible" and defend u.

link   
reply to post by cindymars

Good idea.

I hope he/she takes your advice.

But can he make a thread without 20 posts? If not, how can we help him/her?

link   

Several works exist. Hermitage Day, Williams Edwards "On the Physical Death of Jesus Christ" in the Journal of the American Medical Association" 255:11 march 21, 1986.

Houghton is cited in Frederick Charles's book Commentary on the Holy Bible.

Sammuel Houghton was a medical doctor and a legendary physiologist from the University of Dublin.

So hopefully this answers your concerns.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

The problem is that there are so many things that we do not know yet. People think that science and religion are separate, but they are not. Only when we understand how things happen do we no longer consider them a miracle. But just as Einstein said,"God does not play dice with the universe." We do not understand how everything is connected yet.

BEST comment I've read all day - thank you, Conclusion !

It seems that people, as usual, always want to separate science and religion and you really can't - not if you're fair about it.

And too, we have to remember, we have a human brain - we aren't even on the same mental platform as God, Jesus or anything 'heavenly' - yet. There is a lot I'm sure that we, with our earthly minds, aren't able to comprehend.

Kudos to you for that one, C !

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

... If u guys were born in iraq you'd be suicide bombers, .... the only real sheep are the ones who follow a doctrine without question, .... who cling blindly to a faith instead of living by their own experience.

... its almost funny, ... but mostly sad. It's like living in a cave, and claiming the sky is red.

just goes to show how truelly ignorant you really are.
IF EVERYONE IN IRAQ WAS SUICIDE BOMBERS, there would be A LOT MORE going on in your new channels.
billions of people blowing up.
ya guy, research and lets not be a child with a narrow racist mind.
its like saying white people are lowlifes, with no morals, no standards, with disgusting tendencies, and have the open mindedness of a tree.

link   
Welcome, Evangelical! "Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness." James 1:2.

link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

He's talking about religious fanatics, not everyone.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Hiya and welcome

You know, my bible says something different. Its says the son of man is comming. Not Christ. Not the son of God. The son of man. typo?

[edit on 14-7-2009 by mrsdudara]

Jesus was a man...nothing less nothing more.
An enlightened amazing man who knew the secrets to life. BUT a man non the less.
there are countless people in history that preach the EXACT same thing.
the only difference is, the way jesus went out.
nothing more.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
All religions are a tool of the Powers-That-Were.

When full disclosure comes about, it's going to destroy every single religious doctrine out there.

link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

Satan being kicked out of Heaven is a good topic - I agree. However, I don't claim to know the answer to that other than what it says in the Bible. Satan decided to do evil and was booted out - that was God's choice. But you are asking me to state God's reason(s) and I am unable to do that as I don't know.

"Flawed" though? I wouldn't say that - unless you are one of those 'humans' that go around expecting life to be peachy perfect with no issues or problems arising.

link   
LDS when you do sincerely believe Jesus is the Christ you will wonder how it is you ever Denied Him. The evidence is in nature, in the Bible and in your shares experience of the Holy Spirit which you do not yet have. But I will pray for you.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
heaven and earth will both be destroyed God has a new creation which is only hinted at in Revelation.

link   

Originally posted by Evangelical

Several works exist. Hermitage Day, Williams Edwards "On the Physical Death of Jesus Christ" in the Journal of the American Medical Association" 255:11 march 21, 1986.

Houghton is cited in Frederick Charles's book Commentary on the Holy Bible.

Sammuel Houghton was a medical doctor and a legendary physiologist from the University of Dublin.

So hopefully this answers your concerns.

Typed the guy's name in to google and got a bunch of links to a 5 year old inventor (?) It's okay though; I'm not reading an entire book to see if water can be gotten from blood. It should be easily verifiable through medical sources. I can't find any. But don't worry about it. Because FOR REAL this time; I'm out of this.

link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

You are correct on that - Christianity included. That is why it's so important to choose who you are going to serve now while you have the chance.

Christians, according to the Bible, will be persecuted beyond extremes in the end days - and if you have followed the headlines around the world, even here in the states, that is already starting to happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join