It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
well not where we live, we have an overwhelming population of lifeguards well we were at splashtown oneday and someone put some of that white night cocktail sauce in all the water there and the coolers for people to drink and then everyone turned into deadites then the victims from the murders at the houston grand prix started running around and eating bugs and takeing tickets for stuffed animals, it was really weird, apparently there was so much blood on the floor people could barely walk

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
There is no teaching that compares to what Jesus taught.

The claim is that Jesus is the Messiah. The one.

There is no teaching that even comes close to His. What Jesus brings to the table is full disclosure.

If this guy Michael Travesser says he is the Messiah, doesn't that compare?

Travesser does have some followers that think he is the REAL messiah. (not many though). But Jesus didn't have that many followers until years after his death, who is to say the same thing won't happen with Travesser?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20:

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

I will believe the bible is the word of God once we can get our slaves back...I need to beat me some humans...totally fine in Gods eye so long as I dont kill em...
-mental note, only beat my slaves enough to incap them for a couple days-

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Nomorecruelty...how do you know that you're not the sheep that you mentioned? It seems that you're following something with no clue, reason, or evidence as to the reasons why you choose to do so.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but, If I'm not mistaken...the bible clearly refers to its followers as its flock, sheep, etc.

Keep that in mind when you claim absolutes.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

When Jesus referred to himself as the "Son of Man," he was referring to his direct descent from Adam, the first man, and thus he was The Son of God. The difference is that Adam was created, and Jesus was born of to the Virgin Mary. And if you want to argue about lineage, it makes no difference that Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, and thus Joseph was not the father. Hebrews trace lineage through the father, but in this case, Mary was also from the House of David. Both could trace their lineage back to David, and if you care to trace the lineages through the Bible, you find that both go back to Adam. (I don't subscribe to the beleif that Adam and Eve were the only people on earth. But I do believe their's is the lineage of the Hebrews.)
People, lighten up. If you don't believe in God, don't get all hot under the collar. But when you die, and your an atheist, when they have your funeral, you'll be all dressed up with no place to go.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
You poor poor lost souls I feel very sorry for the emptiness, depression and anxiety you must live with every day. You will see soon who your God is, everyone will and Christians’ will finally see our validation. Until then I pray for you and God bless you even if you do not want him to.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20:

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

I will believe the bible is the word of God once we can get our slaves back...I need to beat me some humans...totally fine in Gods eye so long as I dont kill em...
-mental note, only beat my slaves enough to incap them for a couple days-

Yes but if you're on the receiving end of those beatings you'll be wondering why God is allowing you to be beaten like that.

It's a good thing we have these fine moral teachings to make sure that slaves are only beaten nearly to death instead of completely to death. Can you imagine how we would have turned out without moral guidance such as this?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk
I say, live and let live. But no doubt someone will flame (no pun intended) me for my opinions. Oh well.

Yes, now you have my attention. That right there is one of my personal motto's. If only more people thought that way. Kudos and a star to you.

Chrono

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by suomichris

I agree with most of your post, however, David Koresh NEVER said that he was the messiah. That was media B.S. and justification to the masses for murdering another American on our own soil.

If you don't believe me, check out the documentary called WACO Rules of Engagement. It's pretty cut and dry without any Hollywood fluff or media intervention.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

If by accurately predicts you mean its frustratingly vague, then yes you are correct.

The vague prophecies I've heard, from the Bible and elsewhere, have all "come true" but whenever a prophet becomes specific they are typically proven wrong...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

... If u guys were born in iraq you'd be suicide bombers, .... the only real sheep are the ones who follow a doctrine without question, .... who cling blindly to a faith instead of living by their own experience.

... its almost funny, ... but mostly sad. It's like living in a cave, and claiming the sky is red.

Faith plus experience is better than experience without faith.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

You poor poor lost souls I feel very sorry for the emptiness, depression and anxiety

funny...once I dropped religion, I found personal spirituality growth far more accessable. I would venture to say I became full once I tossed aside mental shackles of superstition and decided to truely investigate my connection with the cosmos and ignore fear and anxiety the mythos tries to instill in people whom consider soul searching.

go figure, I can mirror the exact same sentence to you...but meh, I wont judge you as harshly as you judge me...you might be content. and who am I to say what your feeling.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Jesus is the man. Can you imagine having the power to wipe out all your enemies with a thought, yet have the stength of character to endure being spit on, insults, mockings, beatings, false accusations, tortures, and all to the point of death?

These days people will kill for a parking spot.
And those are the fools that still mock Jesus.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by liveandlearn

When Jesus referred to himself as the "Son of Man," he was referring to his direct descent from Adam, the first man, and thus he was The Son of God. The difference is that Adam was created, and Jesus was born of to the Virgin Mary. And if you want to argue about lineage, it makes no difference that Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, and thus Joseph was not the father. Hebrews trace lineage through the father, but in this case, Mary was also from the House of David. Both could trace their lineage back to David, and if you care to trace the lineages through the Bible, you find that both go back to Adam. (I don't subscribe to the beleif that Adam and Eve were the only people on earth. But I do believe their's is the lineage of the Hebrews.)
People, lighten up. If you don't believe in God, don't get all hot under the collar. But when you die, and your an atheist, when they have your funeral, you'll be all dressed up with no place to go.

I can't believe how some people actually believe this stuff.

Think twice now; which seems more plausible: that humans actually evolved for thousands of years (like every other species) rather than Adam and Eve were put here by God, for which we have NO evidence at all?

Evolution doesn't mean that there isn't God, but it/he/she sure as hell isn't some bearded guy sitting on f*cking cloud.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Here is my final statement on this thread.

The fact is, if Jesus Christ were to return to this planet in the flesh, most Christians would not recognize him anyway. They would pass him off as a cult leader, mentally insane, or try to crucify him again for good measure.

Anyone who comes to this planet teaching lessons of love, tolerance and purity are slaughtered, toe tagged, and put 6 feet under as an example. I could provide a huge list of names, but, I think you get the point.

Quit looking for a messiah. When you do this, it equates to nothing more than passing off your own personal responsibility to the planet and your fellow man. Grow up for God's sake.

Oh yeah...since, according to the bible, there are only 144,000 going to heaven, you might want to ease up on the conversion of others. There's 6.5 billion people on the planet, and this could drastically limit your chances next to the throne of the almighty.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi

There would be no real prediction because the people who instigate the control of humanity would have written the book.

Jesus is actually YESHUA Our beloved creator God.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

So you are saying that you know it all and the way you are following is the only right way and everyone else is wrong and going to hell?

"A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge".

The mind set you have chosen to follow is one of the biggest reasons humanity is still "stuck".

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. ~Dalai Lama

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Though I was brought up in church (don't attend now) and have read and studied the Bible intenslty I never looked at it that way. I know I don't have that kind of control, though I strive for it daily.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

Thank you for being a decent, reasonable and compassionate human being. The fact that you're a christian doesn't negate nor justify that fact, it's just a bonus

Hope you see my meaning here

Just wanted to give you some kudos for being sane in an insane thread and world lol

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join