It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Low Temperatures Hit Northeast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As politicians in Washington, DC debate what to do about global warming, the Northeast has been hit with record low temperatures this morning.

According to ABC News, the cities of Binghamton and Rochester in New York and Hartford, CT experienced record lows for July today.

Meanwhile, here in the Granite State, temperatures in Concord fell to 47-degress this morning, the lowest since 1940. Temperatures in Portsmouth came witin one degree of the lowest ever in July.

' WMUR's Weather Report on Record Low Temperatures in New Hampshire '

What you think guys, cold winter coming ??

Here today it has been about 16-20 degrees in July, not right at all..

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
you should come to denmark mate we are hitting the summer now. and had a really hot june.
no lets hope for a hot winter so we can have people doing work a the climate sumit in december

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hey you guys, you are way behind on the brainwashing.

We have had years of it in the UK, just to let you know a little secret.
It's not called global warming anymore, it's

Climate Change

Then they blame CO2 for anything, please get with the program.

[edit on 14/7/2009 by lightchild]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild

Then they blame CO2 for anything, please get with the program.

... when we all know that sun storm inducing crop circles are the real culprit.

You're right though, we should pollute more.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Come to Texas. We are having our 15th day above 100 in the DFW area with a normal of 16 days the whole summer. It was 105 yesterday and still 102 at 7:30 pm. I would take a 47 degree drop.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f12ee21702a.jpg[/atsimg]

Heres a graph since 1979 of the data from the Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit (AMSU-A) flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite. It is regularly updated here.

Also heres what the trend looks like since 2002, with co2 levels thrown in for a bit of comparison

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5442db078d1.jpg[/atsimg]

So I'm not suprised if some of you are getting low temperatures. But that doesn't mean everywhere will have record lows. Some places will be warm. But that's just how our climate is. Here in NZ we are in the middle of one of our coldest winters in a long time.

Yes the climate is changing, it always has, but is CO2 the driving force in our climate like the IPCC and worlds governments would have you believe?

Science and common sense says no, but the money says YES!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned

Heres a graph since 1979 of the data from the Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit (AMSU-A) flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite. It is regularly updated....

Also heres what the trend looks like since 2002, with co2 levels thrown in for a bit of comparison

So I'm not suprised if some of you are getting low temperatures. But that doesn't mean everywhere will have record lows. Some places will be warm. But that's just how our climate is. Here in NZ we are in the middle of one of our coldest winters in a long time.

Yes the climate is changing, it always has, but is CO2 the driving force in our climate like the IPCC and worlds governments would have you believe?

Science and common sense says no, but the money says YES!

You have quite the candor and logic in your post, combined with truth filled graphs and common sense, so I must say good job there

Hot Summers and Cold Winters are nothing new, nor are Droughts or Floods, as some would attempt to make us all believe. Even the latest Drought in Texas and the Midwest, which some are announcing as "Extreme", and "Likely the result of AGW", is below the threshold of a similar Drought in the 1950's, and that in turn was FAR below the extent and severity of the prolonged "Dust Bowl" drought of the 1920's and 1930's.

If anything however, the extremely cool and cold weather that has become even more pronounced in nature this past year, has served the purpose of re-instilling a reminder in many folks heads that our Climatic patterns do not fit into Computer Models. Nine years of Climate Model deviation, and a Year or Two of observable conditions which do not conform to the AGW theory, has fortunately been enough to enlighten people as to the truth behind the matter, and to the ulterior agendas which currently plague the pushing forth of such preposterousness.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I'm here suffering with you, man. The 100+ temps started 2 weeks early this year and just don't want to seem to stop. My AC unit already froze up once and I keep the temp set to 83F. Course we have old houses here in Richardson, so mileage varies on the insulation. Still, 6 more weeks till the traditional all clear on the heat wave... Hopefully we'll get a real winter this year rather than that pathetic excuse for a winter we had for 08-09.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I hear you and my sympathies. I keep my AC on 83 as well until late afternoon then it goes down to 80.

As for winter, I am a life long (make that long) Texan and can remember at least 2 events each winter of 2-4 inch snows. I don't recall anything but an occasional 2 " snow the last 15+ years.

The Texas saying is if you don't like the weather...wait a minute. Doesn't apply to summer, does it?

Let's raise our glass to the fall, especially October, when the brief thunderstorms come and wash away the hot brassy sky and leaves nothing but cool temps, a clear blue sky with a few puffy white clouds.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Come hang in Phoenix 115 today....112 the next couple of days is considered a cooling trend according to the weather guys. They obviously need to be kicked in the ball$.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

ROFLMAO!! My wife used to live in Tuscon. She doesn't miss it at all.

I did comment on that area yesterday. It was the hottest part of the country, with DFW in second.

I do miss having real winters, though. We did have an ice storm this year, but it was maybe half an inch of ice and it was melted by afternoon.
When I first moved to Dallas about 15 years ago, we would have at least three or four days of solid ice on the ground every winter.

Hm.. maybe I should move to Norway.... or Sweden.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So what is the bottom line here? Besides the avcerage global temp slowly dropping over the last 20 years.

Where and whenever it is usually cold, it is getting colder
Where and whenever it is usually hot, it is getting hotter

I am in Canada, and this past winter we had far more snow than usual and it was colder and winter started earlier and lasted longer than usual.
Now it is summer and we have been averaging 3-4 degrees (celcius) below normal/expected temps for this time of year.

The weather is sucking in general (where I am anyway)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

I read something, probably on Sciencedaily -- cannot find the article, that was describing an increase in the tropical zone, a shrinking of the temperate zone and strengthening of the arctic zones. Heh, come to think of it, it's almost an analogy for the middle class...

I am even today not willing to say that this is 100% human caused. I am sure we've played our part, but it just seems to me that maybe we are leaving the stable times and going back to the unstable climate that appears to be the norm for Terra Firma.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by danishD

I was in copenhagen just 5 days ago, nice..
Loved the animals in the zoo...

I promised to send my regards from the monkeys .. HA HA HA

But, there was the cool yellow spider monkey there, awesome.
he had 5 legs one can say, he used the tail as arm and legg..

My wife made a cool joke about it: Darn, why couldn't femals evole from that , I need 5 arms at home ...

Cranked me up, but the ones there tinking they are monkey, just looked at us. sad sad...

[edit on 15-7-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Not human, co2 dont drive the climate...
Get ridd of the guilt already ..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Yes, planetary climate change ...
Not just Earth that is warming and changing...

top topics

join