It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian tiger park 'has no tigers'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

One of India's main tiger parks - Panna National Park - has admitted it no longer has any tigers.
The park, in the central state of Madhya Pradesh, was part of the country's efforts to save the famous Royal Bengal Tiger from extinction.
State Minister of Forests Rajendra Shukla said that the reserve, which three years ago had 24 tigers, no longer had any.
A special census was conducted in the park by a premier wildlife institute, after the forest authorities reported no sightings of the animals for a long time.
This is the second tiger reserve iin India, after Sariska in Rajasthan, where numbers have dwindled to zero.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The closest I've ever got to a Bengal Tiger is one that was, or still is, on display in the Natural History Museum in London.

These cats are big. Such a shame to hear that this park is yet another to report a population of ZERO!!

Poachers, the spread of our civilization and culling to protect humans to blame for all this.

It will be a sad day when the last tiger in the last zoo dies.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
oh well we still got the panda!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by danishD

So having the Panda makes having zero tigers ok?

I guess that when the Panda is gone someone will say "ah well, we still got the Koala"....

How many more species must become extinct before someone says "we still got Humans"...

We are the one major cause of extinction on this planet..we are experts at it.. Even the killing of each other has come down to a fine art.

None of which is acceptable any more.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

i know what you are are saying and im 100% on your side. i am going to copenhagen to in december, to fight for animal and enviromental rights.

but one thing that we have to realize is that those with power dont give a # about animals, and it is all up to voulenter work, to make those things happen.
and if the government where to take action it would cost them a great deal of money, and those could have been used on a broken city school or a healthcare system that worked. (not saying that they would have been used for that)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think it's really sad and in reference to one of the posts above, I think it's more like - when we don't even care about each other...

It's a real shame...

top topics

join