It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama preps for the pitchers mound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Obama preps for the pitchers mound

www.cnn.com

CNN) -- President Obama is not shy about showing off his jump shot on the basketball court, but on Tuesday night, it's his baseball skills that will be put to the test.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is a disgrace! Do you know how much money it costs to fly this man, with all of his security detail, all over the place?

If we weren't at war, and the economy was stable, then OK.

But c'mon -- between all of his late-night television appearances, dates, outings, and now a baseball game!

We just posted a $1 TRILLION deficit!

This is, in my opinion, is the straw that broke the camel's back. He should be sitting in the White House working instead of gallavanting all over the place.

I mean -- this is ridiculous, no???

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well, while I think this will get more media attention than it deserves and his failures will be buried by the media...every President I can remember since I've been alive has thrown out a pitch...let's not have a double standard.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

is it just me or is he trying to be more and more like jfk?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

No other President has also had the incredible pleasure of the worst recession since the Great Depression.

As i said, if all is well in the world -- then go for it!

But Americans are losing their homes, jobs, and money faster than he can pitch that ball! I just think that a little discretion is in order. Especially given the fact that a huge number of Americans can no longer even afford to go to a baseball game!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by danishD

He seems to like to toggle between JFK and Lincoln. I believe he even compared himself to JFK in his inaugural address.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

omg, jfk is a legend obama will never get on that lvl, my grandmom is like secretly in love with him, but enough of that.

so when is the assination coming, cant be long. if they kill him now they will still be able to refer to his "visions" when NWO steps in.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
My general point is this:

If you were flat broke, and had $100,000 in debt and running thin on creditors -- would you go to a baseball game?

The United States is broke. Those are his words! We do not have the finances to support something that in no way benefits the US or Americans at all.

This is not a meeting of foreign nations. This is not an economic recovery summit.

This is a baseball game that is going to cost, at minimum, another $26K that we the American people and our government do not have!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So they're putting fluoride in the water supply I see.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Baseball is America's National Pastime. Shouldn't we at least have an American throw out the first pitch? I hope he throws at 2 hopper to the catcher. But even if he does, he will blame Bush for it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ball! Low and didn't cross plate. Thanks to Pujols it didn't bounce.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
he was at my college around 3pm today. He flew out from the airforce base near my house well north east of my house. I was going to my college class to take a test and saw him leave with his planner people. They headed north towards that airforce base.

So add in the cost to fly here to a crappy area to give a lets go green speech and talk about the economy. He then talked about the automotive industry that it's changing and hybrids or the next technology for cars. He talked about the new programs offer at our college that will get you a job back in the automotive industry.

The funny thing is that all the workers that are laid off from GM and the other 2 american car makers. Most of them are going to the medical field. I met about 10 of them. Nice pissed off people. I talked to them one was a engineer for GM. Something with the engines. He has a bach and now he is back at college starting another career in the medical field. I have a paramedics class. Soon to finish and get a certification as a paramedic . I don't plan to use it and yet next class I will have to sign some papers that state that I will obay my obligation by U.S law that I must stop to anyone that needs medical help. This includes accidents. I personally won't stop even thought I have the training. I fear more about the law suit. even thought we learned that their is a law that protects you only if you follow procedure. I still won't rely on that law. Because how can you prove something. I mean if you are up against 20 witnesses that are friends of the victim and they say that you didn't follow proceedure then what do you have left to say.

I mean my sisters boyfriend got killed from a head on collision from a drunken illegal alien. He also didn't have any id nore a drivers license in chicargo. the accident was on wgn live. It was that one accident where a car went over the median and had a head on impact. the drunk guy was ok but the car he hit killed everyone in it. They were going 40mph and the drunk driver was going well over 100mph. Yet their was a court date for that guy but he never showed. So now that guy is still on the streets doing what he does best drink and drive.

So I usally have no faith in the legal system in the U.S

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I saw that. Lol.

And I agree... hasn't every President done this? I agree with another poster who said that we shouldn't have a double standard to this.

And Barack Obama is an American. Get over it. That was just conservative election propaganda. Let's focus on the real issues and the real conspiracies. Okay?

top topics

join