It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier balks at deploying ; say's Obama isn't president

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Obama already got the nod to be President from those power brokers behind the scenes all this blabbering on about his birth certificate is just window dressing.While all of you argue amongst yourselves the bailouts continue,the FEMA camps get set up and the Fed continues it's looting.So it seems to be working in the TPTB's favor.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

This soldier seeking status as a conscientious objector through the courts, is a high ranking officer . Albeit this Army major is a reservist , the message he sends is " that he would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions under this president's comand". Challenging the legitimacy of Obama's citizenship.

www.ledger-enquirer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Then why on May 8 2009, did he volunteer in the first place? Obama was President then, and I would guess this soldier knew that!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
For the sake of clarity, I would like to remind everyone of a couple of things.

1. Obama DID NOT declare this war, Bush did.

2. Regardless of Obama's status as POTUS. There exists AT LEAST THREE
additional tiers before "Comander In Chief" who are AUTHORIZED to
deploy this soldier. ( See below, article while Bush was Prez just to
be "Old School".)

The Chain of Command

Though President Bush relies on a closegroup of advisers, the final decision to attack lies with himalone. Here is how the order is carried to the battlefield.

Joint Chiefs of Staff
The military's highest ranking officers, the Joint Chiefs advise the National Security Council on strategy, passing on concerns or requests from the ranks. Proposals go through non-military advisers to ensure civilian control of the armed forces.

National Security Council
Advisers from military and civilian sectors then brief the president.

1. Commander in Chief
Armed with the information, the president makes the cutive decision

2. Secretary Of Defense
Informed of the decision, the defense secretary instructs Central Command.

3 U.S. Central Command
The head of Central Command, which covers all U.S. forces in the region, refines the war strategy with commanders from four branches of service.

4 In the Field
Further down the chain, combat decisions are left to the commanders of various troop and armor units

Source

In the unlikely event that Obama IS NOT POTUS, then VP Biden would be in charge.

Just some unbiased food for thought.

Regards...KK

[edit on 15-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Originally posted by manmaidslave
Okay this Major is a nut case. He should be court martialed. President Obama took the oath, he is the President. The whole thing about him not being a natural born citizen is getting real old. Time after time, evidence has been givent to prove his is a citizen. Give it up people. i'm really getting tired of this "Obama is not a citizen" subject.

I have not seen any of this so called evidence and if you could point us non believer in the direction of said evidence

Exactly. And I'm wondering if this "soldier" is inciting mutiny.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Some of you people won't be happy until each and every one of you get to go to the actual hospital and see with your own two eyes, the original. Th hospital has said that this copy is from their original but that doesn't seem to make you people happy. I was drafted in 1969 and I had to go and this guy thinks he shouldn't for his political crazy reason? Bull, court-marshal the guy and be done with it.

msgboard.snopes.com... but that still does not make you people happy.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BigandRich

Is that what you have read or know? Then who other than China and India ns Russia is useing the oil? They produce the sweetest crude in the world and you don't think Obama doesn't have his mitts in there. ? Are there aliens? secret societies? moon mining? Or is this all fabricated too.
It's what I know. It would be what you know as well, had you read my link.

Aliens, secret societies, moon mining? You were making claims about oil. I set you straight. You'll have to research these other diversions on your own.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The solider is a coward plain and simple, he no longer believes in this county and should be discharged. If he lets this get in the way of his duties as a US officer he should not be there. I'm not claiming that Obama is a legitimate president i am just saying this guy is obviously soft hearted and cannot take the heat. I know a lot of marines that don't like Obama or think he is illegitimate but it doesn't stop them from deployment because they do not want to let down there squad and want to be there for them.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am sure this stupid soldier would want to serve under a better president...Dick Cheney for prez?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
just in on fox news
www.foxnews.com...

Soldier Who Claims Obama Isn't Legal President Doesn't Have to Deploy U.S. Army Major Stefan Frederick Cook, who volunteered for duty in May, says he would be committing a crime to serve under Barack Obama because he believes Obama was born outside of the United States, making him ineligible to become president.

so at least fox news talked about it now where is msnbc and cnn abc nbc?
in the pocket of a certain person me thinks.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
Or let me phrase it differently:
What has Iraq EVER done to the US?
What has the people of Afghanistan EVER done to the US?

We are not a war with Iraq nor Afghanistan That is why its called "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

Get a clue

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's why it's hard to win.
As was Vietnam conflict.

Never know who is gonna blow ya up.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Dragonsbreaths
Not exactly true. They have to prove they qualify.

Yes, and under article II of the constitution they leave that to congress and the electoral college to do the qualifying. On December 2008 he was approved by both congress and the electoral college.

SG

Still not good enough.

Even the evidence provided at Factcheck.org, who actually took the time to examine the documents and claims, has had all of it's findings summarily dismissed by the doubters as fraudulent. They have even been accused of being complicit in this alleged cover-up.

Lets of course not even acknowledge this fact:

From section 1401 of the USC (g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 288 of title 22 by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person (A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or (B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 288 of title 22, may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph.

This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date.

My bolds.

Even if he weren't born in Hawaii he could STILL be a citizen.

I can't believe some people out there are referring to Stefan Frederick Cook (or "roaddog727", the six-year member of FreeRepublic.com) as being an "army warrior" for this stunt that only proved that if you have a political motive based on nothing but rumor and speculation you can try and shirk your duties and responsibilities to the United States just to bring attention to it.

He actually volunteered for duty in MAY of this year, but apparently no one told him Obama was President until the orders to go into this Bush-era war came through a couple months later.

This has got to be one of the dumbest examples of a clear political agenda I've seen of late.

This kook and his lawyer Orly Taitz, whose first name accurately sums up the initial and rational response to this farce, are even demanding Obama provide proof that BOTH of his parents were U.S. citizens, in spite of the fact that it's not required or relevant to the case at all. He doesn't need them both to be U.S. citizens to be one himself.

Some people out there believe that even the friggin birth announcements from 1961 are nothing but a forty eight year old ruse in this machiavellian presidential conspiracy that defies time and space.

You see, his family knew he was going to be President and have been planning for this moment since his conception. Once he finally became President...EVERYONE...from the Supreme Court to the Pentagon...immediately joined up to help cover the shocking truth from the world!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f31dde6defa.jpg[/atsimg]
Someone open a window.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
so at least fox news talked about it now where is msnbc and cnn abc nbc?
in the pocket of a certain person me thinks.

It WAS. MSNBC covered it on Countdown. They explained that the soldier, who happens to work under DOD at Pentagon, has been "un-deployed." And the nut-job "lawyer" was declared "Worst Person In The World."

Careful what you wish for. HA HA HA HA HA

Edit to add.....Update thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tank2/8
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

we go around killing innocent people??!!

Not that there has not been civilian casualies, there is in any war. Do you have any idea the kind of people we are dealing with?! Do you have any idea what one of these "innocent" people would do to YOU if they had the chance?! [SNIP]

Mod Edit - Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by elevatedone]

Tell me how the strafing of domestic houses in Panama was not targeting innocent civilians ?

Please - can't wait.

Tell me how the half million CHILDREN who died as a direct consequence of Iraqi sanctions - TARGETED DELIBERATELY - was justifiable and what they would have done to you ? Please, I can't wait to hear as this should be almost pathetic but not quite that good......Madeline Albright called the deliberate targeting of civilians through these sanctions when asked about the half million dead CHILDREN "An Acceptable Price" -

you do murder innocent people - its a matter of whether you have the decency and morality to acknowledge that.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by GingerR

McCain was born on a US Naval Base, which is considered to be American soil, much the same as an American embassy would be.

And guess what? Hawaii is American soil.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Following the topic this time......

It has been my opinion for the last 7 1/2 years that any soldier, marine, semen, airman who refuses his or her responsibilities for action when called upon by the president of the United States, they has no buisness serving. I understand some high ranking, more then likely inteligent leaders have done this. I dont care, leave a good sitrep for the next up on your way out. I am not much of an obama fan, but if he told me to go fight the turds in poopistan I would with honor and loyalty to the United States.

I am going to include this because I know that someone here will make a sorry attempt at a "...well what if he ordered you to do...(something lame..."

If we had a leader trying to brutaly take over the world or genocide. I would not follow that
I am a soldier but I have not given up all my

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by OldNco
I served under both Reagan and Bush both whom I thought weren't fit to be commander and chief. There were also others in the chain of command who weren't fit to lead a pile of rocks but that wasn't going to stop me from doing the best job I could and aligning myself with those who did the same.

It's not about questioning orders this a-- hat just wants to get out of his obligation plain and simple. As the saying goes "If you can't do the time then don't sign on the dotted line". A sniveler like this will get people killed anyway get him out there.

If it walks like a duck...

I couldn't agree with you more.

He volunteers in May, and now he wants out of the very obligation he VOLUNTEERED for? Sounds like an RE-4 Personality Disorder Discharge to me if I ever heard of one.

I see the Army's still giving away commissions, you know I think this way is safer for everyone in his unit and yes even for him as he won't get fragged.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Even the evidence provided at Factcheck.org, who actually took the time to examine the documents and claims, has had all of it's findings summarily dismissed by the doubters as fraudulent.

I have doubts, but every point in your post conveniently avoids what I have doubts about and the heart of the lawsuit. I don't have doubts about the authenticity of the short form, so I assume factcheck.org is right. They didn't say where Obama was born, and as you yourself imply in the following part of your post, his birth location may not have been HI.

Originally posted by lee anoma
Lets of course not even acknowledge this fact:

From section 1401 of the USC (g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 288 of title 22 by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person (A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or (B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 288 of title 22, may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph.

This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date.

My bolds.

Even if he weren't born in Hawaii he could STILL be a citizen.

I DO acknowledge that. And if Obama was born outside the USA and still meets all the legal requirements for citizenship based on those requirements, I don't have any problem with that.

I think the big problem seems to be, that with all the smoke about factcheck's proof, why didn't they check the facts on the real question, that is:

"where was Obama born and if outside the US did he meet the legal requirements for citizenship?" or as the lawsuit in this case more specifically requested:

Originally posted by RRconservative
www.wnd.com...

"Barack Hussein Obama, in order to prove his constitutional eligibility to serve as president, basically needs only produce a single unique historical document for the Plaintiff’s inspection and authentication: namely, the 'long-form' birth certificate which will confirm whether Barack Hussein Obama was in fact born to parents who were both citizens of the United States in Honolulu, Hawaii, in or about 1961," explains the complaint.

If I were in Obama's shoes, and I didn't have anything to hide, I'd send a letter to the hospital and authorize them to release the long form, then that could be on factcheck, instead of the short form.

Let me add I have no agenda, other than to learn the truth. If Obama releases the long form requested in the lawsuit from the hospital and stays in office I'm perfectly happy with that.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It didn't take long for the long arm of the government to instill its punishment, as Simtech Inc. , a company contracted by the Department of Defense has terminated Maj. Stefan Federick Cook. www.wnd.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

"What has happened in the present case of Stefan Frederick Cook is that a federal agency appears to have taken action against Stefan Frederick Cook's private employer, Simtech, Inc., which is a closely held corporation owned and operated by members of a single family, who are as much victims of the Department of Defense's heavy-handed interference with plaintiff Cook's private-sector employment as is plaintiff Cook himself."
WND

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join