It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier balks at deploying ; say's Obama isn't president

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I agree 100%! they say this is a war for the protection of our freedoms. Who attempted to take our freedoms away, besides our own government? Whomever committed the horrific acts on 9/11, should have been the ones we hunted down, bound, gagged, and "brought to justice". Not INVADE another country! Our soldiers are nothing more than pawns on a chess board to our corporaticians in washington.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The moon is made out of cheese and inhabited by Friendly midgets who speak Portuguese.

Source: WorldNetDaily of course

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

My problem is the poll itself. It is pre-disposed and fraught with supposition. It's like " Do you still beat your wife."

" He who controls the questions, also controls the answers."

Back to OP:

This story is a moot point and soon to be deader than a doornail. It is like a chicken questioning the authority of Colonel Sanders.

It was just like when the media tried to get access to Bush's military records which, as I recall, were never totally revealed. Ring any bells?

Besides EVEN if we explore the hypothetical, and Obama was "de-throned" in some alternative reality, The "Back-up President" (Biden) would take over.

No question of his citizen status unless you are suggesting a "do-over" of the entire election........not.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Originally posted by Tank2/8
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

we go around killing innocent people??!!

Not that there has not been civilian casualies, there is in any war. Do you have any idea the kind of people we are dealing with?! Do you have any idea what one of these "innocent" people would do to YOU if they had the chance?! [SNIP]

Mod Edit - Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by elevatedone]

Believe me, I understand your anger. The person who made that claim is most likely one of the extremists who believe that war should not exist. Well, I believe it shouldn't but am a realist and understand WHY it exists.

However, maybe they were speaking more to the recent 'wars' that I also believe were illigitimate. Those 'innocents' that have died have died for no reason other than GREED. Maybe, and it's a big maybe, that is what they were refering to. I hope so because it would be ignorant to believe otherwise.

As for the officers idea of illigitimacy for the president, well, until the courts or some supreme authority states otherwise, Obama IS our president and this person is in BIG trouble. Period.

I agree that they are talking about the recent 'wars' and I also agree that, at least with Iraq, that the reason for invation was illigitimate.

But you know....what was I suppose to do? I was in Iraq for my second yr tour (2006) when the legitimacy really started to get questioned regarding our invasion. It literally made me sick. You know what I concluded?? We are here, these people need our help now. I can speak for myself and the people I fought beside.....read my signiture

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Tank2/8]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
you could make the same case for bush...by saying bush was not legally elected because of fraudulant vote tabulation. but we all know where this is coming from...the far right. he seems to want to trade in the military uniform because of what he has listened to from media outlets. this man does not have the critical thinking skills or the temperment to be in the military and should be dishonorably discharged. in other words, if he can be swayed to act like this, he is a threat to other soldiers around him and is in no position to be in command of anything.

No, you can't make that same case for Bush. Votes were counted over and over again. Gore lost. Get over it.

In that case, there is NO PROOF that Bush WASN'T president. In this case, there is NO PROOF that Obama WAS born in the US. Big difference. In this case, it's the exact opposite effect.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

the other bid difference in this case is the deliberate confusion fostered by obama. he could have dealt with this issue at the same time as mccain's eligibility was cosidered in congress and ruled on, but obama did not. As questions were raised, back from prior to the democratic convention, he could have provided documentation and clarification about his birth, his adoption by an indonesian, his travel to pakistan as a college student, his possible attendance at occidental on scholarship for foreign students. the press fell down on this. they could have legitimately investigated but chose not to. so citizens asked questions, sometimes in court. each time obama through his attorneys ignored the requests. instead of reviling the attorneys and citizens who wonder about these things, why not simply clear it up> what is to be gained by keeping these secrets? he knows very well that congress would enact something special to allow him to remain president. the real question we should ask ourselves is: what is he gaining by refusing to clear this up? what is this particular game all about?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Anyone else see this topic in the new CNN section called "Wingnut Watch" a couple minutes ago?

2nd line...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This was a put up job. An officer volunteers for duty and then refuses orders, in public, because the orders came from the president whom he doesn't believe is legitimate but under whom he volunteered for duty. In volunteering to accept orders, wasn't he accepting the legitimacy of the President in office?
If he didn't want to go he could have refused the orders merely by filing a piece of paper because he was a volunteer. He chooses to take this to court for either a payoff by those who have an agenda or of his own volition. This is a waste of the courts' time and should get thrown out. The officer could face military charges [all officers are subject to involuntary recall] but may just be bounced out, which is what he obviously wants anyway. He is also said to have lost his job as a Government contractor. He will now be a martyr to a non-existent cause. Smooth move, slick, I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psynarchist
Anyone else see this topic in the new CNN section called "Wingnut Watch" a couple minutes ago? 2nd line...

I did
There was a mention that this was perpetrated by the "extreme-right"
movement.........

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Think about it if Obama's family ties were as criminal as those Bush folk being of color he would have never even smelled the thought of being president. He didn't steal the election he won it so be it.

So getting back to it all, while the Major may have gotten out of his contractual obligations to his country his method didn't guarantee his job security, he got what he deserved.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Once again, when did Iraq attack us?

Second, he was fired because he pretty much sued his employer. If the military is the employer, and he sues them, do you really think they are going to keep him?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GingerR

Second, he was fired because he pretty much sued his employer. If the military is the employer, and he sues them, do you really think they are going to keep him?

not necessarily. you must not have heard the story about Wells Fargo suing itself. that's right, wells fargo vs wells fargo. lawyers on both sides.

Being a taxpayer-subsidized, too-big-to-fail institution, it's possible that one of the few ways for Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC: 24.75, -0.34, -1.36%) to know what it is doing is to notify itself with a court filing.

foxbusiness

this has to do with a condo with many mortgages, and wells fargo is the first one so is suing all the others in order to get info on each one, including their own. seems it's hard to find out things within the company and this is the easiest way to do it.

the idea of suing someone, even yourself, is sometimes the most efficient way to get information.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This Army Reserve Major Stefan Cook submitted his VOLUNTARY request to go on active duty on 08 May 09. His orders were cut on 09 June 09. He could've recinded his request at anytime before going on active duty, but he chose not to.

He has his own political agenda going. He had no intention of following through with his active duty request. It was all a ruse to get the Obama birth certificate issue in front of a Federal judge, once again.

If anything he should be brought up on UCMJ charges for making a false statement, since he never intended to follow through with his orders.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
They sued themselves for information. Not cause they are shills for a right wing extremist. Again, he sued his employer, his employer fired him.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GingerR

speaking of right wing extremists, or right wingers of any kind, why do you all keep calling the eligibility questions a "right wing" plot? i thought that republicans are generally considered to be right wing, and it's not the republican party who is pushing this. they ignore it and are embarrassed by it as much as you folks. neither mccain nor his handlers so much as mentioned it during the campaign or after. no prominent republican has mentioned it as far as i know. maybe there has been a reference to it somewhere or on some program. mainly it bothers us little people. us nobodies. independents. but mo matter how often that is brought up, you all ignore that detail. we don't even have a spokesman clever enough to come up with a disparaging name to call you, the way you call us birthers.

who put the idea that it's a right-wing conspiracy into your little heads?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The lawyer is a right wing nutjob. All the right wing "web news" sites are pushing it. Only right wingers. Not even Hilary pushes for this and she could be president if there was ANY proof he wasn't born in America.

Do you really think Hilary would just sit back and lose the presidency if she had ANY proof?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GingerR

as a matter of fact, i do think that. i believe that both parties agreed to obama being president. otherwise she would have brought it up, just for the distraction value. though maybe she was told not to use that particular thing. certainly the democrat candidate was slated to win this election. i think that could have easily been hillary except that something changed. maybe obama's "people" are more powerful than hillary's people. maybe he was willing to move faster. i can't see hillary leading us off the cliff quite so quickly and with so little remorse. obama has ice in his veins. i honestly don't know what it is he agreed to, but he's acting like he has very little time to accomplish it. yes he uses crisis mode to push things through, but his self-indulgent attitude toward the white house and its toys remind me of someone who wants to enjoy while he can. if he accomplishes what he's set out to do, this country won't be able to sustain the lifestyle to which he has quickly become accustomed to. even now hillary is holdidng back. the president is treating her very badly, without respect or consideration for what she gave up (her senate seat) and bill gave up (money and power around the world) to do as sec of state. but she puts up with it. there seems to be a lot we don't know, far beyond this eligibility issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tank2/8
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

we go around killing innocent people??!!

and then...

Not that there has not been civilian casualies, there is in any war.

I am not sure you understand the concept of logic or contradiction. You mock question it by basically saying you just heard we go around killing innocent people as it had never happened to your knowledge. Then in the very next statement, you agree that innocent people are killed by us during war time.

umm...............

why did this post get so many stars when it is just about the most backwards thing I have ever read on ATS.

Yes, we are killing innocent people. There are actually videos of us shooting at innocent people all over youtube (or there were anyway.) You get to see men shooting at people driving cars for no reason, you get to see them taunt children and humiliate the men, you get to see them toss an explosive at a man walking sheep down the road.

Yes. Yes we do go around killing innocent people and sometimes just for the fun of it. Now you can watch it and everything. You really should revisit your statement as it is just too funny that not only did you say it, but people applaud that. That says tons about you and the people reading these threads now and I hope their company, I will never have to endure.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Boo hoo, this dude needs to quit crying. I don't believe in the war and I didn't like Bush (he was pres at the time I was in Iraq), but I still had to fullfill my duties as a marine, which I did and you don't see me complaining.

The reason I joined the marines is because I've had a hard life, and I joined when I was looking for discipline in my life. The same reason a lot of young, poor, lost youth join..

I was honorably discharged because I was shot in the face, but if I was called in again somehow, I'd go. Don't sign up for something if you are just going to bitch and cry when you have to perform your duty.

And you people who say anti marine stuff DISGUST ME! You care about Iraqis more than your own people? And its not us marines that are corrupt, its our government. A lot of us marines DO NOT agree with this war, but theres nothing we can do as soldiers to get out of it, and we MUST perform our duty, whether we agree with it or not...

And just for your info, when I was in Iraq I did not kill one innocent person, and no one I know did. Every person I shot was trying to kill me and those scum got what they deserved...

Also until you are in Iraq being shot at all day and have had your fellow marines brains and body parts explode on you from a bomb, you have no say AT ALL in who is innocent. You have NO IDEA what goes on over there...

Just my opionon...

Peace.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It seems their tactic in revoking orders was to diffuse the grounds for Maj. Cook's complaint.

The government, in its response to the suit, claims that Cook’s suit is “moot” in that he already has been told he doesn’t have to go to Afghanistan, so the relief he is seeking has been granted.
www.ledger-enquirer.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join