It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Space Competition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think that this is the best thing for space exploration. Finally, the space community will open up and I think this will start to propell us into the future quicker....

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow, this is great. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad NASA isn't stooping to private funding themselves...

But this is great for the space community as a whole, as it needs all the stimulation it can get...

[Edited on 5-7-04 by Carvador]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think it looks better with the logos. It's like a race car: When it has no advertisements it looks bad but when it does both sides have a win-win deal

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carvador
I'm glad NASA isn't stooping to private funding themselves...

If only NASA would stoop to private funding they might actually remain a Relevent space enterprise in the comming Commercial Space Industry. But as I see it the private sector will take over primary operations in Sub-Orbit then eventually Orbit shortly after the X-Prize(shortly being in decades not years). NASA should file for an Initial Public Offering...or maybe not because no self-respecting investor would sink money into the POC that Nasa has become..............

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hey, I love the Adverts... It does actually look much more cool that way.

I think that NASA will not have to change it`s strategy in the future to stay viable. Once the companies get moving and the funding and profits start coming in, then they will expand exponentially, but, they will of course be for profit. I think that NASA will always be around for things that are purely scientific and will not make money. I could imagine companies sending rovers to mars to maybe the so-called pyramids hoping to make money off of them or to the moon to show pics of the apollo stuff left on their and what it looks like today (of course for sale), but, I could not imagine them spending too much money to see if there was once water on mars, unless it somehow tied in with profits.

I personally am just looking forward to a week vacation in low orbit.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
this is how I want it I said it before to alot of people ect this is the way to go...

top topics

join