It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cisco: Text Message Scams On The Rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Cisco: Text Message Scams On The Rise

www.cbsnews.com

CNET: Security Report Finds Messages That Appear To Come From Legitimate Bank Are On The Rise

Cyber scammers are banking on the notion that many people who might not fall for a phishing scam via e-mail may still be easy targets through their mobile phone, according to security report released Tuesday from Cisco Systems.

Text message scams are on the rise, particularly fake messages that appear to come from a legitimate bank, said the report, which covers a wide variety of cybercrime topics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Heads up ATS's , its that time of year again, i have already personally received these messages and so i was not surprised to see this make the net.

My sms's were from supposedly a cell phone company that sent me a voice mail which i then needed to dial its number and press sequential numbers. As i had posted something similar to this several months ago, by pressing the numbers you will allow access to others to use your cell phone and read all data stored on your cell even if it is switched off.

To those who use pda's or bank through cell phones be extra careful. Any messages that are not known to you should be deleted and reported to you cell provider.

Pass this information on as too many friends as you have, this is real and its happening every day, the difference is that there has been a surge of messages for the past 2 months.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join