It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madoff Sent to N.C. Prison to Begin 150-Year Sentence (Update2)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Madoff Sent to N.C. Prison to Begin 150-Year Sentence (Update2)

www.bloomberg.com

By Cary O’Reilly and David Glovin

July 14 (Bloomberg) -- Con man Bernard Madoff arrived at the federal prison in Butner, North Carolina, to begin serving his 150-year sentence for fraud and money laundering, a Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesman said.

The agency yesterday transferred Madoff, 71, from a high- security lockup in Manhattan, where he’s been since his March 12 guilty plea, to the federal penitentiary in Atlanta. Madoff left that facility this morning and arrived at Butner short...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Madoff on the Move, Shipped to Unknown Prison

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So, turns out hes not being sent to an "undisclosed prison", and will actually go to jail! this came to me as a surprise. I figured he would have came in the front door and walked out the back into a luxury hotel or something.

Not that he will have the treatment he deserves anyway. The article says he will be living in a "dorm-style" house.

hopefully he lives a long time in there

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

I personally don't hope he lives a long time. I'm not wishing for his death or anything, but do you know how much money it costs taxpayers to maintain prisons and the prisoners?

I believe Madoff has cost people enough money already. Don't forget the huge bill for prosecuting him, seizing property, locating assets, etc -- none of that comes cheap.

As far as I'm concerned, he bilked billions of dollars from innocent people and the longer he lives, the more the amount of money that goes out the window.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

ahaha, definitely a good way to look at it. He'll leech from our economy for the rest of his life. I wonder how he had planned to spend all that money...?

top topics

join