It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grey Lady takes on the Moon hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The Grey Lady takes on the Moon hoax

blogs.discovermagazine.com

Yesterday, the New York Times published a short piece on the Moon Hoax. It’s a decent write-up of the situation; I’ve read about a million others just like it at this point so nothing really leaps out at me… except they quoted me in it! That was cool. Now the Fox network has two reasons to hate me.

Actually, there were a couple of things that made me smile (besides also quoting My Close Personal Friend Adam Savage™). They talked to one conspiracy theorist from Argentina:

… he said that the political corruption during the years of dictatorship in his country shaped his think
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This bit is the funniest:

Yes, paranoid conspiracy thinking is a good thing to extrapolate from one venue to everything else in the world. [Insert rolleyes icon here if you will.] Look: that sort of thing is not a worldview; it’s an excuse. If you use it as a way to live your life, then everything is a conspiracy. The light runs red when you get to it? Zionists! It rains when you want to take a walk? Illuminati! Your cat pukes up hairballs after cleaning herself? Big Pharma!

blogs.discovermagazine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-7-2009 by john124]

[edit on 14-7-2009 by john124]

Mod Note: Review This Link: One-line posts or short posts simply repeating the quoted snippet are not enough. We want to see what you think of the story or why you think it's important.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
[edit on 15-7-2009 by john124]

top topics

join