It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Ideas: Military Develops 'Cybug' Spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Powerful Ideas: Military Develops 'Cybug' Spies

news.yahoo.com

Miniature robots could be good spies, but researchers now are experimenting with insect cyborgs or "cybugs" that could work even better.

Scientists can already control the flight of real moths using implanted devices.

The military and spy world no doubt would love tiny, live camera-wielding versions of Predator drones that could fly undetected into places where no human could ever go to snoop on the enemy....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is pretty freaky if you ask me. This just makes it one step out from having "cyborg" soldiers. Next thing you know you will have not only bugs spying on you and possibly carrying payloads, but they will probably soon have the ability to tie this into human systems. It will of course be under the guise of repaing a soldier from battle wounds but still none the less sinister.

I understand that there is a big difference between insects and humans but you always start small. If they can figure out how to control a insects body how hard would it be to control a persons body?

Can anyone say manchurian canidate?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
control the flight of real moths???

truth is stranger than fiction.

If I saw a movie of such moths I would call it too far-fetched.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is nothing new. I remember seeing scientific disclosure of a similar cockroach devise a bunch of years ago. By now they can probably breed them with all the extra parts already attached. Don't trust any insect.

join