It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't They Just Land?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I believe "they" are here, and have been for a long time, one species or another. I think we humans are dangerous; I think it's possible that's why many abductions seem to be in that transdimensional/etherial world.

There have also been some recounts that imply [to me] that some or most of us might have a very visceral reaction to being in proximity with them. Perhaps a mind/lifeforce?

Also possible that they carry microbes that are fatal to us. I'd like to think that, as it would imply that they at least give a crap about our welfare.

Your very question, OP, is the primary reason I've frequently felt a distrust of them -- if their motives are benign, then why all the furtiveness? On the other hand, I suppose a sufficiently advanced technology wouldn't have to be visible at all.

I've wondered before if many of them might be from nearby planets in our solar system, or even from the depths of our own oceans. Especially the latter -- it could be potentially devastating to them for us to know that. Humans don't really have a history of leaving well enough alone.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Think of it this way OP, would we interfere with some remote indian tribal foke running around naked? Probably not, we wouln't want to alter their reality perhaps, or worse consider us gods. That's a possibility... Another is they simply do not want to intervene with an evolving race, that may be possible. I don't believe they will ever show up unless a vast majority wants them to and are well enough aware... If they do show up they'll have a good reason, I don't think they would let us destroy ourselves to the point of extinction, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
I was trying to tell him about aliens as he's quite a skeptic to them and just thinks that UFO's are military made (fair assumption). I was saying about how they must be aliens etc and he just stopped me in my tracks by saying "Well why don't they just land and get out?"

Isn't a landing exactly what Gordon Cooper described here:

So he should really rephrase the question, to, "OK so they landed, now why didn't they get out?"

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
reply to post by hermantinkly

if you were winning all the time at poker, would you reveal your secret?

No but what does that have to do with what I was talking about lol..

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

First off I think I should apologize. I did not intend to come off quite as hostile as you took it.

Secondly; the point I was trying to make is that there is a myriad of boards on ATS debating the existence of extraterrestrial. If the only answer you could come up with was that they don’t exist perhaps it would be better for you, if you found board better suited to your arguments. (Please note I did not say you were wasting “my” time, I intended for you to see that your own time might best be spent elsewhere.)

Lastly; the only reason why I came off so strong is that the whole idea of this board, (or as I understood the post) was to come up with ideas to tell his skeptical friend as to why they had not landed yet. I am fairly sure his friend had already considered the possibility of them not existing. (Considering he's a skeptic.)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It has been suggested that alien travellers to our planet are actually humans of the distant future. Assuming this to be true, then maybe they don't land because it would affect the timeline if they were discovered. There's probably a set date or something where they actually reveal themselves to us. Their past would change if they are discovered at the wrong time.

Another completely different reason why aliens don't land could possibly be because they simply cannot exist under the conditions here on planet Earth. Then again if they are so advanced in interstellar travel, you would think that they could come up with a solution to combat this problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NRA4ever333

I accept your apology, but I should say, this is an open forum. I can choose where I want to post. I know there are a ton of threads/boards here on ATS, I've been here for quite some time. If I happen to side with his skeptical friend, then so be it, I don't know why it should bother you.

I'm open to new ideas, thoughts, theories, and of course, the debates. Without a difference in opinion, there wouldn't be much for debate. I don't mind people siding with an idea I'm not comfortable with, but I don't like being told my thoughts are "worthless". Everybody can have a say, and I encourage all, as long as the discussion in general can remain civil. Say what you want, and by all means, DEBATE, but lets not stoop to cheap tactics of calling each others ideas a "waste of time". Challenge it, encourage it, accept their views, but also expand on your own. That's how ideas are built upon! It's not just one idea, but a conglomerate of many that gets you to where you need to be. I'm not mad, but just try to remember this in future discussions. These boards have been on a decline, and we need all the help we can get for them to become more civil as they used to be.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

I understand where you are coming from, but I assure you I am in no way trying to diminish wonderful world of debate. What I was trying to get a crossed is that I did not think this was a debate, but rather sharing our own speculative Ideas, or brain storming. Which is different from an open debate.

I also never intended you to view my comment as an assault on your argument against extraterrestrial life. It just seems that every post about aliens on ATS turns into a debate about their existence, I was simply trying to keep the post as on topic as possible.

Now it is true that it is an open forum, and any ideas are welcome. But if every alien post turns into a debate about their existence then it all seems kind of pointless. I just thought your argument may be better served in a different place. (Once again, I am not saying that your views are not a valid opinion. Just that they should be expressed on a post where your response would be more appropriate.)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Maybe becuz we kick 60 black kids out of a pool becuz there black...becuz we won't let gays/lesbians get married.

I mean come on....would you land here??? This society can't even accept gays, let alone GREYS!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
People should try to understand their fellow humans better before you are willing to accept beings not of this world. I think they know we are not ready. I can see it now...... "damn aliens coming here illegally and taking all our jobs and health care, deport them now!!!!!!!"

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
cant find a good parking spot without those bloody meters...lack of quarters..sad.

anyhow, whos to say they havent and dont...how many reports need to come out of people talking about ships landing and people coming out before some start thinking...hey...maybe ships landed and people came out...

lets jump over 1 hurdle at a time...this is a pretty profound field with tons of implications, Establish first off the UFO Phenomona, then investigate the many claims of them landing and coming out.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

well my take is both funny, and slightly serious. With all the cattle mutilations, and horse mutilations going mainly for sex organs and what not... maybe they are afraid of us because we have bigger genetalia. Maybe they are building sex organs for all their race so they can compare and have bigger members because they are bovine or horse built. they probably read on line all our "bigger dic*" comments, and go from there. yeah, funny, but.... what if?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Would you socialize with the world that kills itself? I wouldnt.

We all hate eachother, we kill eachother.. And if your American you shoot first and ask questions later. (Most people with a gun tbh.) They will watch over us, never coming to our savior or showing us technologies we cannot possibly understand.

I have another theory.

I believe in my heart that these "Aliens" are simply ourselves from a greater time, such as years 2500+

A lot of you have seen the movies where they go back in time and they step on a bug and it will change something in the future. (If you have to, refer to the Simpsons or Family Guy!) Im trying to say that if they were to land and shake hands with us (Lets pretend America wont shoot them) it could change their existence and even ours forever.

We murder.
We steal.
We are greedy.
We create wars.

If i was an alien from another race or even the future, i wouldn't want to socialize or meet us.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They won't land because they know better not to because of the silliness that is a human being. I bet people would start worshiping them and it would screw up the natural order of things on Earth with outside influence, if they are watching us than it is purely to "see what happens" nothing much else. Obviously they've been hinting at their existence (if you believe such a thing) with crop circles among other things but that seems like quiet encouragement in the right direction which goes generally unnoticed.

We might try to "regulate" them or something too

[edit on 7/15/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

I fully agree with you, our behavior is a plausible reason for the lack of interaction. If I made a list of reasons why, our actions would make the top three.

The only problem I can see comes in when you assume a race of beings well beyond our own understanding accepts morals and ethics the way we do.

Ignoring their probable intellectual advantage for a moment; there race and culture may simply be too alien for us to understand their reasons behind anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NRA4ever333

Exactly.

100% hit the nail on the head mate.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
My take on the nature of alien visitations is a little different.

We always assume the ones who visit earth represent their whole society. As if one grey ship would show up during the champions league final match. A leader would step out and say hello and initiate the relations between two races.

But what if the ones who come here are just scientists making discoveries to the farthest reaches they can go. Maybe the whole civilization is not able to make those interstellar travels and come into contact with humanity anyway.

My analogy to the alien visitations is like the scuba divers and deep sea fish. We have the technology to go deep down in the ocean but only a handful of people go there, either for scientific purposes or as a hobby. And they can just make contact with a handful of the creatures living down there. This will sound silly but, imagine the fish...
They'd be like, "woah, man did you see that. I saw a huge light coming from above, some big fishlike creatures came out of it, there were bubbles and stuff. One tried to touch me then they left off!"
Then there's the whale saying that, "I swear to god they tagged me, these aliens from above the sea."

Ofcourse fish don't have language and a civilization unlike humans but then again the situation might be similar. It might not be like the macellan's discoveries "hey there there's land up ahead, let's go and meet the guys over there."

[edit on 15-7-2009 by bilb_o]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
There are already a handful of fairly good reports of them landing and having a look around.

There was an instance in Russia where they landed and wandered around in plain sight of up to several hundred people for a few hours before they left. Google it - I'm sure you will find accounts of the landing.

To me though, I think that flying saucers are terrestrial craft - created by the scum controllers - probably to be unveiled as an alien menace designed to push through one world government.

I think the scum are genetically modifying people to look alien, and bringing them up in a society where they actually believe they ARE aliens. Then they give them a pretext to attack - then step in as the saviors of us all .. alternatively they could reveal alien contact, put their fake aliens on the news telling us we all had to form a one world government to be accepted into the galactic federation or some such crap - and people would also fall for it.

It is possible that there are aliens here - or around anyway - so we should take any contact event slowly to ensure we have a good understanding whether or not it is deceit or not.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
My take on it always centres around the most fundamental question - why have an interest in us?

I think our paranoia on whether we are being watched and visited is a symptom of the human race's over-inflated ego.

We can speculate all we like about lights in the sky being extra-terrestrial in origin, but this is based on the assumption that there is something truly interesting about us.

If we get our heads round the facts that we are actually universal hicksville (think of Dundee, Scotland but in Universal terms!) and there is "nothing to see here", then we kind of realise that lights in the sky are more than likely natural phenomena.

For me...the whole ET thing is kind of daft. If they did exist - they would have either raped our resources or have just bypassed us (sticking a comment on the "lonely universe" website detailing there really wasn't much to do and that ETs really should avoid British cuisine and Dundee).

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I think an important point to remember is the increase in sightings.

This to me is indicative of preperation.

It is almost like most things in society wherby society introduces a new product or way of thinking.

they introduce it slowly and increase the promotion of that particular said thing until it is forced on a market of folk that have been conditioned to accept its ideolgy based on the subliminal feeding and conditioning we undergo.

So in my opinion i feel tha their presence is definatly increasing and ultimatly they will land. When enough people have digested the promotion of the idea and the shock factor is amplified and yet subdued from all the conditioning.

Why do you think it has been promoted time and time again in movies, why is it becoming more and more prominent in society and why do they appear more and more frequently in our skys.

The simple reason for why they have not yet landed is that we are not yet ready for them and they are not yet ready for us.

One day we will meet in the middle.

the rest well....we will have to wait and see

Spirit

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join