It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Choose The Moon - Relive the moon landing in realtime.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum have set up a new site where you virtually can "relive" the whole moonlanding mission in real-time.

Could be a fun thing for those who were not born when this happened.
Ofc this is only virtual so you will most likely not feel the same experience as the world did back then.
But it is still a cool thing in my opinion.

We Choose The Moon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d0a18255a57.jpg[/atsimg]

[Edit] from what I've heard it will include images and videos never before seen. Not sure about this though.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
very interesting IMO...

S&F

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

thanks for the link Akezzon,

that is a pretty cool site. i will have some fun with it for sure

thanks for sharing this

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shammael

Yeah, I find it pretty interesting too, since I was born a few years after this.
I guess the real-time thing will be somewhat annoying yet it is a pretty cool feature. =)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You're welcome mate.
Can't wait to see the never before published images and videos, if there are any. But according to the newspaper I read it in, Nasa themselves have announced that there will be new never-before seen pics and videos on thursday.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

That's very cool Ak, ty for sharing.

Can't wait for yet another moon landing simulation.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this one: very cool indeed.
I will have some fun with it as well

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

The moon landing simulation is HOAX!!!

There ... I said it!

jra

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
But according to the newspaper I read it in, Nasa themselves have announced that there will be new never-before seen pics and videos on thursday.

Not really. NASA announced that they will be releasing greatly improved video imagery of the live TV broadcast of Apollo 11. It's all been seen before though.

Also these are not from the lost slow-scan tapes, but from the next best available copies. Here's the NASA press release.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

Yeah, I will not argue about that since I wasn't sure. The "never before seen" statement was made by the paper I found this link in. However, it is gonna be interesting anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow, thank you, Akezzon, this is really something interesting! Although I dont trust NASA to be totally honest and open, but hey, they dont have to.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

No problem Yummy.
As I write this it is T minus 23 hours to launch.

So for me it will be tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

This looks like a fun site! Thanks for the link!
I'm also looking forward to seeing the never before seen footage, if that story is true. Even if it isn't, this site will still be fun.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I can't agree more.
this second line is pretty fun too...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think the site is very well made. It has links to all of the major social media sites and even has a cool Add on for my web browser of choice (Firefox) called a "Widget" that shows the countdown on my desktop.

There is only one video up right now, it is of the JFK speech saying "We choose the Moon", But there are a good amount of pictures on there that show the construction and transport of the Missile and the crew preparations. I am really geeked! Pretty cool setup for the website with one of humanities greatest achievements.

They are going to release more pictures and video per different stages of the mission later on in the week. For launch, and the Earth orbit and then the mission to the Moon and the Moon orbit and finally the landing and return mission home.

I am also really excited to see the photos from the LCROSS? satellite that is currently in orbit around the Moon. Rumor has it that NASA is going to release photos from the satellite on July 20th that show the Lunar landing Sites and even the modules! How cool would that be?

jra

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
I am also really excited to see the photos from the LCROSS? satellite that is currently in orbit around the Moon.

Just a minor correction. It's the LRO that you're thinking of. LCROSS is other satellite that will release it's spent rocket stage to impact into the Moon in October.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the link (OP).
That website has one of the most beautiful design/layout ive seen on the web.

[edit on 16/7/09 by Krpano]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So what did you think about the new improved video clips?

I haven't watched them all yet though.

new topics

top topics

join