It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had to turn sound off ... why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've never had this happen before. Each time I go to this thread I get blasted with hearing George Bush (41) talk about NWO and then I'm subjected to some kid of bad rap thing ...

I've turned my sound off.

Just wondering ... what's going on??

Has this stuff been on other threads and I've just not hit them or something?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There is an audio file posted in the opening post that automatically plays. It was a bit of a surprise for me as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the answer.

I'm not tech savy at all.
I didn't know people could do that kind of thing.
Are we allowed to do it?
It's shocking as heck ...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
if you use firefox couple plugins like flashblock/noscript/adblock will keep that from happening unless you click to allow it manually.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

To be honest I did not know we could do that here either... I guess I need to check out the media section some more.Pretty cool though.

That was a very good question FF.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
if you use firefox couple plugins like flashblock/noscript/adblock will keep that from happening unless you click to allow it manually.

I am not sure if it would or not, but we are not allowed to use adblockers on ATS anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

ya i know and that thread sucks too. at least this thread can warn people .we didn't have that luxury.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I thought that this behaviour from the embedded audio was corrected, it's a stupid behaviour.

What happens in a thread with 10 audio files embedded like that, do all the 10 play at the same time?

If yes, did anyone really thought this was a good idea?

Or, put in a different way, did anyone even thought about this?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Cito

I am not sure if it would or not, but we are not allowed to use adblockers on ATS anyway.

Soon will be a moot point, since firefox is debating adding adblock features directly into firefox in there todo list on their site. So unless they start banning all firefox users, things could get interesting.

Don't they get paid for ad clicks anyhow, just as easy to not click ads. But until they start banning firefox browser it's all good.

Check out the firefox forums about built in adblock/java blocking soon to come directly built in to the browser, which will help reduce memory useage running external plugins.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Opera can block any site (in fact, it can block specific files, I once blocked an avatar that was irritating) without using any external widget, but it does not block the ads automatically, and I do not know how it can be done, so I don't think that a future Firefox with built-in add-blocker could automatically block the ads that appear on ATS without user intervention.

top topics

join