It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allan Grant's Roswell Expierence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

the pilot handed me a loaded automatic pistol in a holster. "What do I need that for..?" I asked. "My orders were see that you were armed", he replied. "Against what..?", I asked. He looked at me, smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "We don't know.."

Who was Allan Grant?

Allan Grant was an American photojournalist for Life magazine. He had the last photo shoot with actress Marilyn Monroe and took the first photos of Marina Oswald, Lee Harvey Oswald's wife, following U.S. President John F. Kennedy's assassination

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94710d8c80e4.jpg[/atsimg]

Allan Grant was an exceptional photographer. During his career as a photojournalist for Time Magezine he was called out to Roswell, New Mexico in 1947 to document a "huge meteor". It is best told by him...

On July 7th, 1947, some fifty years ago, as a staff Photographer for LIFE magazine, I was sent to New Mexico to photograph what LIFE called a meteor hunt. All we knew at the time was that a "huge meteor" had crashed somewhere in the vicinity of the Roswell area and the Air Force was searching for it. I was assigned a pilot who would "Put me on the ground in the vicinity of the crash site.." Landing on a makeshift runway, the pilot handed me a loaded automatic pistol in a holster. "What do I need that for..?" I asked. "My orders were see that you were armed", he replied. "Against what..?", I asked. He looked at me, smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "We don't know.." he said. I got into a waiting jeep, and off we went into the desert on this mysterious search which is now known as the Roswell UFO Incident

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04e2a1e065bc.jpg[/atsimg]

Mr. Grant was paraded around by the Air Force, specifically Major Phillips, to photodocument this "meteor" but strangly they never found it, going on what Mr. Grant called a "wild goose chase". It turned out that

Major Phillips -just one month after the Roswell crash- would become one of the US Air Force's first official UFO researchers

Before Allan died, he told Karin that he always believed that he was "used" by the military as a "potential cover" to in some way obfuscate something. He told her that the "something" what he had always thought -even at the time- was much bigger- an unidentified flying object.

From these articles:
Famous LIFE Photographers' Roswell Crash Revelation by Anthony Bragalia
www.allangrant.com
"Life" Photographer In Roswell During The Incident + Other Unknown Evidence

-E-

[edit on 14-7-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04e2a1e065bc.jpg[/atsimg]

What a terrific photograph. Even when he was on a wild goose chase, the guy couldn't help himself. What a landscape.

Why would an accomplished guy like this lie? Terrific piece of the puzzle.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

I doubt he would lie, even on his deathbed he maintained his story. It pretty much discounts the idea that it was a secret baloon (project mogul).

-E-

new topics

join