It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking video: Abuse of Iraqi prisoners by British cops

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

Cannot Embed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't get it, what is it?
Sadism?

I mean what will this accomplish?

Being forced to maintain "stress positions" as they call it, for what? To what end?

The united states army and british army must be the biggest buyers of sandbags in bulk on the planet!

And one of the detainees died as well.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

it doesn't show anything beyond them having bags on their heads and their hands bound...

[edit on 14-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Technically being hooded and put into stress positions is a breach of the Geneva convention iirc? personally i don't find anything shown in that video at all wrong and if i had my way they should be able to much further than this, it seems to me this is just another attempt by the liberal lefties to batter the army with human rights charges and fleece the British tax payer with more compensation claims for foreign families.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

I belive this men are enemy combatants not uniformed soldiers, hence Genevea doesnt apply. And when did we all of a sudden become worried about the enemys health and well being? I wonder how many of you would scream for these measure to be used if nukes and bombs would start going off around the nation?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

This statement represents the epitome of ignorance!

Treating enemies like this will result in having your own soldiers treated the same way or worse.

And treating human beings in a respectable manner sends a positive message as well.

See, when was the last time that UK or U.S. stood for peace?
It's been a long time and you are part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

This statement represents the epitome of ignorance!

Treating enemies like this will result in having your own soldiers treated the same way or worse.

And treating human beings in a respectable manner sends a positive message as well.

See, when was the last time that UK or U.S. stood for peace?
It's been a long time and you are part of the problem.

I have a question for you how many American soldiers who have been captured have made it back from captivity alive?

The answer is 0. Americans who fall in the hands of these terrorist groups are killed and not just soldiers.

You may think that your happy happy joy joy thoughts can make the enemy not want to kill Americans anymore but you are wrong.

Peace would be a great thing but unfortunately no other nation is willing to give up its weapons for peace. And I damn sure don’t want our military giving up its weapons without other nations agreeing to it. You asked when has GB and the US ever been for peace? You show me one country that is for peace and I may change my mind. Just one Show me one country or better yet A MAJOR WORLD POWER.

I think your statement is the epitome of wishful thinking and ignorance into how the world works.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
How sad peoples are today, were you waiting for another abuse video to wash your eyes? or maybe waiting for the making of where we can see the deleted scene of the "insurgent having strange behaviour with his friend in a big potatos bag" chapter.?

Of course the video don't show the entire abuse and where is the need for you to see the abuse?

They are prisoner so they have to be threaten that way, with respect, the fight was done before if they are there.

And even if this is "only" what happened it's already too much, they are just resisting to the invaders, those soldiers have nothing to do in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If our soldiers had been caught by these people they would have been beheaded and most likely severely tortured before this happened after which the video of said torture would have been placed on the web for others to gloat at and to torture the families of our troops even more. the only message these people understand is the pointy end of a bullet, until the Blair government came into power in 1997 we had been a relatively peaceful country for some time and all the the time we were having this peaceful existence others were walking all over us, now is the time to end this and start showing our teeth again.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Peace would be a great thing but unfortunately no other nation is willing to give up its weapons for peace.

Which weapons?
You mean the U.S. financing of nuclear projects
Or the U.S. Govt. sending white phophorus to Israel?
Or you mean Al-Qaeda using NATO guns and rifles?
Or maybe guns used NY hoods with "made in Israel" written on them?

which ones out of curiosity?

The problem is not what you portray it to be, the issue is that the U.N security council are made up of the biggest arms dealers on the planet.

Just one Show me one country or better yet A MAJOR WORLD POWER.

One country?
How about every major world power except for Israel?

How's that sound?
How and why you ask?

Because only the U.S. has troops all over the planet, which other world power has over 800 bases in over 130 countries?

btw, China owns you!
Is them owning you in your best interest?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Great to see the brits kicking some terrorist ass, if we got rid of the geneva convention this war would have ended years ago.
Which is worse, a long drawn out war with few winners or a complete victory? the geneva convention sadly only produces the first.
We should be beheading these scumbags.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
To all the hawkish people here saying let's just kill all the scumbag terroists, let me ask you this.

Is an insurgent a terroist?

As far as I know they are both being treated the same way, so answer my question.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Badfuture

In the UK we would need to get rid of the European human rights act as well, iirc there has been at least one of our soldiers (may have been the one in the video?) who has been prosecuted under this lousy piece of legislation by our own government for carrying out the governments own orders

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This video was shown two nights ago on BBC news,both procedures shown had been already outlawed,the Corporal is the only one so far to have been convicted,even though he was following approved orders from above.It seems the hunt is now on for those superior officers---as if they don't know already.
Would you carry out this sort of thing on a suggestion/order from a superior officer?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Is an insurgent a terroist?

Several insurgency models recognize that completed acts of terrorism widen the security gap; the Marxist guerrilla theoretician Carlos Marighella specifically recommended acts of terror, as a means of accomplishing something that fits the concept of opening the security gap.[23] Mao considered terrorism to be part of forming a guerilla movement.

WIKI

It seems that being an insurgent and a terrorist can be the same thing and if you are a serviceman on the receiving end of bullets and bombs you are hardly worrying about whether it was an insurgent of a terrorist who is trying to kill you are you?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Planting Ieds, then videoing it to show to their friends for laughs and giggles later, insurgents are just as bad as the terrorists. They should have been wiped out long ago.
This is an occupation not a war and these people are not innocent.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
haha
See that alone shows how wrong your entire logic is

I believe that both of you belong to a group of people that will never consider their country or servicemen wrong!
Or at least hardly ever!

You probably believe they should have blackwater-like zero accountability.

You seem to be proud to be known as the torturers of the 21st century.

Troops went to Iraq on a foundation of bush/cheney lies.
We all know this for a fact!

Insurgents, by definition, fight invaders to protect their home.
Just like a Texan would get his shotgun to confront an intruder entering his home.

Your pride in your masters only make you slaves!
have a nice day

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The question was show me one country that wants peace or is willingly to give up its weapons for peace? Can you find one? The answer is no.

EVERY COUNTRY sells arms just because America, U.K , France, Russia, and China are the biggest movers of arms doesnt make the smaller countries anyless dangerous.

China does not own me, I own nothing from china I buy America or westren and if I can not find a good that I need from these nations I buy Thai or Veitnam and even Japan. China owns Americas Debt which is being made buy our out of control goverment. I can not help Americans continute to be stupid and vote these same Idiots in.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

China does not own me, China owns Americas Debt which is being made buy our out of control goverment.

Do you know what FIAT means?
They absolutely DO own you!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

No you are wrong I think most of us here could care less if bush/Cheney ever see another sunset, they are corrupt just like Obama, I do believe our should have been un cuffed along time ago, we should no longer fight wars to "free" people but to acquire more territory, if we are going to spill American blood on foreign soil then that soil should become American.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join