It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheating 2.0: New Mobile Apps Make Adultery Easier

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

So here's a question I have for both Discotech, getreadyalready, and Jomin. Do you believe prostitution should be legal? Not decriminalized but out and out legal. This argument is at the heart of this entire thread.

And if you believe it should be legalized why would you ever try to talk your son or daughter out of making it their career?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

haha, i was about to say the same thing... it surely be better than sending the message that "cheating is okay....here, this will help make it easier for you to find someone to cheat on your spouse with and hey as an added bonus, we will make it harder for you to get caught"

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Seems like we are debating several different things here. Cheating vs. swinging/alternative lifestyle vs. relationships. LOL.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
If you think your partner is being monogamous with you, and they are not, that is where the issue comes in.

That's essentially what i've been trying to get across for 5 pages now, but no one else seems to have really gotten that point lol

"cheating" is only "cheating" when both parties are not fully aware, agreeing to, and etc in the WHOLE situation. If at any time things get hidden or lies are told, it's a cheat.

I've never lied to my wife, and as far as I know (and i'm DAMN good at being able to tell), she has never lied to me. We are open with each other about what we desire or feel, and it works out great... FOR US.

Again, something I've been trying to get across for 5 pages
lol

Not every relationship is the same. Some people feel differently about their relationships... Again comes to mind that some guys will say their partners cheated if their partner even goes out for coffee with someone.

But never, under any circumstances, is lying to your partner healthy, and hiding things is not either. It drives wedges, even if they are not immediately apparent, that will bite you later.

How many guys have cheated because their wives are completely unwilling to even HEAR their men talk about "Oh that waitress was sexy" or "there's something been on my mind..."

It drives wedges.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

You're right, sex with same person forever isn't really appealing but do you want to know something ? Sex isn't the most important thing in a relationship and if it is then you're getting into relationships for the wrong reason and I feel sorry for you as you're never going to be happy for longer than a couple of years at most with any one woman!

There's more to a relationship than just sex

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Yes prostitution should be legal and if I had a daughter/son who wanted to take that path as a legitimate way of earning a living and they were truely happy with what they doing then I would fully support their choice as it's their life and their choice and I believe everyone should be entitled in learning life through making mistakes (if they ended up realising it was a mistake that is) also alot of high class prostitutes make a hell of alot of money today and are quite happy with doing it, I see no problem with it as long as they are happy in what they do. But then again I like freedom and I'm not an intolerant ignorant facist like some people

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

you didn't understand what I meant by an affair can make or break a relationship.

If a marriage has someone have an affair within it, the marriage will either make good or break it completely.

In other words sometimes a marriage will last when an affair comes out into the open and sometimes the hurt is too much to bear and the marriage ends.

I'm not saying that an affair is good because it isn't EVER GOOD. but it doesn't mean the relationship will be over and the relationship can be soooo... much better once everyone is working towards making the marriage happy.

Hope that clears up any confusion

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

yes lets change it to, making it easier to find help for you and your partner with a added bonus of not making it public if you need help.

How many would think hmmmmmm. looks betetr than the cheating App.

I would hope that if i had problems my gf/wife would pick the help.

but i try my best so i think any relationship i will be in, they could coem to me and tell me if they had issues or even praises

[edit on 14-7-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So here's a question I have for both Discotech, getreadyalready, and Jomin. Do you believe prostitution should be legal? Not decriminalized but out and out legal. This argument is at the heart of this entire thread.

And if you believe it should be legalized why would you ever try to talk your son or daughter out of making it their career?

Seems like we are debating several different things here. Cheating vs. swinging/alternative lifestyle vs. relationships. LOL.

It certainly does seem that way!

Yes, I think prostitution should be entirely legal, and out in the open. I don't think it should be streetwalker style, but I think undercover sting operations are ludicrous!! I think massage parlors are the way to go!

You will have to enlighten me, because I don't see how making it illegal has any logical basis?

As far as my daughter (theoretically), I wouldn't want her only means of supporting herself to be based this way, but if she goes to college and gets her degree, looks at the job market, and finds out she can make $1000 a night as a stripper or $2500 a night as a call-girl? I may insist on some very capable security, but who can blame her for going that way?

I have known some very stable strippers, with beautiful homes, wonderful families, and impressive IRA's!

On the other hand, I have known a lot of alcoholic and suicidal accountants!

I won't pre-judge anyone. If a female in my family wound up strung-out on drugs and hooking for a fix, I would certainly remove her from that situation, and help any way that I could.........But, if they make an intelligent career choice based on sound principles and assets that are high in demand and limited in supply, I will support that as well!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
[

[edit on 14-7-2009 by scared angel]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

traditional relationships just don't work anymore, in fact maybe they never did.

Everyone knows marriage is superficial. Everyone knows relationships become mundane. Everyone knows sex with the same person forever is really unappealing.

Know if you were all like liquidmsoke and just had the cajones to admit to it, the world would probably be a better place, but no, ironically you'll all sit back and call the cheaters spineless.

You won't see me gettin hitched, I've met very few happily married men in my lifetime.

Well, thats very unfortunate that you think that all marriages are mundane, and superficial.

Everybody has their own opinion I guess...

I happen to think that marriage can be and is IMO, a very wonderful thing.

Who wants to go through all of life's ups and downs by yourself? I don't and I don't think my hubby does either. BTW, my husband is one of the few happily married men.

I suppose it takes a real man to want to commit to their wife, and love her and know that there will be times when it is hard and not so hard, just to know that your spouse will be there with you when the going gets tough, makes it all worth while.

But that is the beauty of it...to know that when you are married, and knowing that you are with your best friend,lover, til the end, there is really no better feeling to have.

I love my hubby with all of my heart and soul, and would do absolutely anything for him, and be there for him no matter what kind of curve life throws our way. I think he knows that too.

We can get through anything together.

there are probably a lot of us out there that have great marriages and would have it no other way.

My parents have been married for 55 years. Yes, there were lots of years that weren't as good as some, but they have learned through the years what is important and what isn't.

Communication is the key in any relationship, whether its your spouse, friends, kids, etc.

I've learned a lot from my hubby and I hope he has learned from me as well.

There is no better feeling in the world to be loved and to love the best person in the entire world.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
In my case, it was discussed and participated in before we decided to get married. I am not asking for permission, I am making my intention known, and asking if she wishes to participate. Now, I have never done anything without her, that is kind of the unwritten agreement, but theoretically, if she started saying no a whole lot, I probably would start branching out on my own. I hope it never comes to that, as I made my position very clear before we entered the marriage.

Unwritten agreements lead to trouble!

Would you tell your wife if you decided to 'branch out alone'?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
And this is the reason that Im considering being a crazy old cat lady as a viable option!

Either that or I just wont get involved with someone who has an iphone

You dont need an iphone to cheat. There are plenty websites out there that encourage it and will help you hide your cheating ways.

BTW I like the cat lady idea

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by Bluebelle
And this is the reason that Im considering being a crazy old cat lady as a viable option!

Either that or I just wont get involved with someone who has an iphone

You dont need an iphone to cheat. There are plenty websites out there that encourage it and will help you hide your cheating ways.

BTW I like the cat lady idea

me too
i even asked to be named after one

looks like everything is trying to make you stray away lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

hahah unfortunately it does seem that way. But that's how things get percieved in people's minds... it all gets tied together under the same umbrella, when at their cores, they are not the same things. Swinging/etc is not the same as cheating, when both partners in the marriage/relationship have agreed wholeheartedly to the act.

That's WHY i brought up the older cultures and the thought of concubines, etc, earlier. And it wasn't just in 4th century china, it was worldwide, all throughout history, even very recent history.

No one blinks an eye at the concubine thing, even today... but where's the difference? In ESSENCE there is none.

You asked my thoughts on prostitution...

Why not legalize it? The only reason stigma is attached to it these days is because of certain religious aspects to those who have formed society as we know it presently. But that's not how things always were, and it'll change again. Why? Cause that's what society does... it's a living organism.

Would I want my son/daughter involved in it? Why not? if that's what makes them happy, then I am happy. Same as if my daughters became strippers. Why not? It's legal, it's good money, and if it makes them happy to do it, then so be it.

I do not control them, they have free will to live their lives how they choose, and god knows there's a lot worse things they could be. Politicians come to mind...

Seriously, it's only because of the influence of people who have more time on their hands than they know what to do with, nattering in on other people's business, that ever made such thngs stigmas to begin with. If someone is living their life, happily, causing harm to none, and not being a siphon on society, then what is the issue?

Legal prostitutes across the world contribute a great amount to their societies, and is a respectable form of work. Those who want to partake of their services will do so. Those who do not want to take part, do not. Life, the universe, and everything, can be in perfect balance with everyone minding their own business. Same goes for those who enjoy being strippers.

But... then some people decide that they have to get involved in the lives of others, and control them... because obviously THEIR lives are so perfect.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by nixie_nox

you are wrong, believe me, you are wrong. Check your facts.

www.marriagebuilders.com

Facts please

[edit on 14-7-2009 by scared angel]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

People are cheating for the reasons that I listed.

Therefor sex is extremely important in the relationship. After all if it wasn't about the sex, we'd all be "just friends." And if it wasn't all about the sex, cheating wouldn't even be an issue.

face up to the facts bro...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Unwritten agreements lead to trouble!

Would you tell your wife if you decided to 'branch out alone'?

Yes! That is the whole point.
That is exactly why, I hope it never comes to that.

Lots of things can go wrong in any relationship. I could abuse her open-mindedness to the point where it wasn't fun anymore. I could do stuff without telling her (cheating). She could befriend someone and have either a sexual or emotional affair without my knowledge. I think our chances of this occuring are much lower than a normal couples, but there is still the chance.

This has all kind of blown out of proportion, we really don't do very much outside of our own marriage. It is kind of a celebration, or a 'treat' when we decide to go out and get naughty!

Every now and then, she will go a little while not wanting sex. I tease her that I am going to have to get a girlfriend, and she usually comes around.

It has always been my argument that it should be easier and more enjoyable to have sex at home than anywhere else. When this ceases to be true, some issues need addressed. I am an attractive and virulent man. She is a very attractive woman. Either of us could go and get some action in a matter of minutes to hours. So, on many occassions it seems easier to go out than to go home, and that is flatly WRONG! But, if we talk about the fact that we feel that way, we can either say, "Fine go ahead, I'm tired anyway." Or we can say, "I'm sorry, I know I've been tired lately, lets get the kids to bed early!" Either way, everyone's needs are met, and no "cheating" occurred!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

People are cheating for the reasons that I listed.

Therefor sex is extremely important in the relationship. After all if it wasn't about the sex, we'd all be "just friends." And if it wasn't all about the sex, cheating wouldn't even be an issue.

face up to the facts bro...

As much as I hate to admit it, you might be on to something.

But what about the couples that have stayed together for 50 years and don't even HAVE sex anymore?

Do you plan on getting old, smoke? I know I didn't.... but surely you don't believe that there is no more to a relationship than sex....surely.

Doesn't that strike you as kind of shallow? What would happen if, heaven forbid, something happened to you and you couldn't perform any more? What would life be worth to you then?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Yet most people in a relationship call their partners their best friends. Why do you think that is smoke ? Because they put out and their normal friends don't ? Or do you think that maybe there's more to it than that ?

Sure sex in a relationship is great, but it's not the only thing and it's far from the most important or have you never had a long lasting relationship ?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosweet

Well, thats very unfortunate that you think that all marriages are mundane, and superficial.

unfortunate that I won't be suckered into a sham lifestyle, like many other people?.....yea poor me...

Everybody has their own opinion I guess...

Nope, some people just take on whatever popular opinion society comes up with, for example, look at how many people are pressured into marriage because it's a societal standard....

I happen to think that marriage can be and is IMO, a very wonderful thing.

Exactly what I'd expect a married woman to say in a public forum regardless of her true feelings, whether these are your true feelings or not.

Who wants to go through all of life's ups and downs by yourself? I don't and I don't think my hubby does either.

What's so bad about being with yourself. When did everyone become so scared of themselves? This codependency stuff has gotten out of control...And who wants to go thru some else's ups and downs...?? I do a real good job of avoiding the downs, I'll be danged if someone is come along and screw that up....

BTW, my husband is one of the few happily married men.

So you admit that there are only a "few happily married men?" Then why should men(or women?) do it in this country in this time? Again, I know a lot of guys who hate their marriage, but not to their wives faces...not saying he's one of em, but I have no way of knowing just by what you say.

I suppose it takes a real man to want to commit to their wife,

See what I mean about societal pressures? So now I'm not even a "real man" because I don't want to get a wife and commit? I hope thats not what your saying here...
I think a real man doesn't have to want to commit to his wife but should break it off if thats the case.

But that is the beauty of it...to know that when you are married, and knowing that you are with your best friend,lover, til the end, there is really no better feeling to have.

I think the statistics have shown clearly that aliens and the NWO are more likely than all this fairy tale, soul mate, la la land marriage stuff. My best most trusted friends don't pressure me to sign up to superficial relationships and sign legal contracts binding us together for life! Thats what a desperate person would try and do to me. Think about it, how could anyone not share my point of view?

I love my hubby with all of my heart and soul, and would do absolutely anything for him, and be there for him no matter what kind of curve life throws our way. I think he knows that too.

We can get through anything together.

Well i hope thats true and it's workin for ya, but I think for the most part this whole marriage game is a sham, especially for men. But really for everybody.....hello gays??? are you listening to liquidsmoke on this one???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join