It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO stoped swine flu updates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well im not sure to make of it,

But Update 58 was on Jul 6th
Update 58

before that you were getting updates ever 2-3 days! so we are nearly 3 overdue are the numbers to big now!

things seem to be deteriorating here in the UK now, more people are wearing masks LOL! guess they didnt read the manual with those things

if 4% death rate is tru thats 2.4mill dead here and they were talking on LBC a london Radio show about rumours of a government plan to effectively shut the country down for 2weeks!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Swine flu seems to be fizzleing out. In China, it did not spread so much ,and in India it is none existent. This is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

umm could ya pass that memo on to the swine flu in the UK at the mo, it didnt seem to get it

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It is so confusing, I hear nothing about it in the US. And I wonder if it is a ruse to call out and drive insane the conspiracy theorists. Noone else seems to care.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
TBH i dont see much Conspiracy in this, could it be man made who knows, but history has shown us this things group up ever 100 or so years natures way of culling us,

I just have no faith in governments would wide to be able to sort this out

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

where are they wearing masks? get pictures of large groups wearing masks. No one state side even cares about the flu. If its covered its like the last thing talked about on the news and it lasts about 5 seconds before the weather. I think this is the most serious thing that we actually talk about on this site i have two young ones and they are both under 4. I am not giveing thme the shot mando or not. Atleast not untill most of the population has gotten it. the flu season is 4 months away and this flu does not have a vacine yet that works.

I thats me fear this actually could be all that its been talked about on this site. I have a wierd feeling( not a reader or anything just my gut tells me this could be very bad) that if there is no workable vaccine then some people will die and i dont want my kids to die if i go no problem but the kids not so much.

if you say everyone is wearing face masks then post some pictures the states dont care about you guys over ther and we need pictures over here to understand and beileve you.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallalie

if you say everyone is wearing face masks then post some pictures the states dont care about you guys over ther and we need pictures over here to understand and beileve you.

thats pretty much true...

i care, because i know that it matters. and i like the way british girls talk

but yea. most americans couldnt give 2 shts what happens there. not like they even care what happens here.

i think its a huge positive thing that we arent hearing about this again.

my theory is that, they dont want to burn us out on hearing about it, and then BAM come fall, OMG SKY FALLING RUN

then we are stuck taking the sterility pill...
i always wanted to live. i like doing it. it just "FEELS" right to me....

so much more so than "DYING" that i hear is all the rage now.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

get some pics of people wearing masks

we only ever see that happening in asian countries

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I noticed this as well and posted about this on "the mysteriousu.s swine flu thread" a few days back. I have been keeping tabs on that site and it is usually updated every 2- 3days. Its been over 8 days and no update. Something seems to be up. I have a strong feeling that their numbers are already vastly understated, especially in the 3rd world countries.

link   
I noticed this as well and posted about this on "the mysteriousu.s swine flu thread" a few days back. I have been keeping tabs on that site and it is usually updated every 2- 3days. Its been over 8 days and no update. Something seems to be up. I have a strong feeling that their numbers are already vastly understated, especially in the 3rd world countries.

link   

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ill try and get some pictures

I saw em on the train down to Brighton the other day from London and a few at Victoria station (big big station in London)

tho they dont help you for more then twenty min, it just shows that people are starting to get worried!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by TreX-UK

Swine flu seems to be fizzleing out. In China, it did not spread so much ,and in India it is none existent. This is a good thing.

Hmm.... maybe because China and India are simply not playing

if you know what I mean .....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My cousin's friend in Mexico died of swine flu...my g/f's old co-worker is in the hospital because of the swine flu up in northern-cal. People fail to see that here in the states it's not quite flu season and we could see a great increase in cases. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It is so confusing, I hear nothing about it in the US. And I wonder if it is a ruse to call out and drive insane the conspiracy theorists. Noone else seems to care.

You have to search for the information, but you can find it if you search hard enough.

A third of the population may catch swine flu this winter and the virus could be here for up to five years

Now they are finding a strain of the flu that is resistant to Tamiflu.

American has come down with a resistant strain

The most recent numbers I can find?

swine flu virus has caused nearly 34,000 reported illness in the United States, including at least 170 deaths
BUT the pandemic website has a much higher number of infected listed, being 21311 confirmed infected.

Only listing the places that have had deaths, many more other countries have the flu, but have not had reported confirmed deaths from the swine flu.

Argentina, 100000 suspected infected 94 deaths
Australia 100 suspected infected 3 deaths
Brazil 1024 confirmed 1 death
Canada 5000 confirmed 10 deaths
Chile 9549 confirmed 26 deaths
Columbia 101 confirmed 2 deaths
Costa Rica 351 confirmed 1 death
Spain 717 confirmed 2 deaths
UK 1038 confirmed 1 death
Guatemala 254 confirmed 1 death
Honduras 56 confirmed 2 deaths
Mexico 5563 confirmed 107 deaths
Peru 1621 confirmed 5 deaths
Philippines 445 confirmed 1 death
Paraguay 114 confirmed 5 deaths
Thailand 2428 confirmed 10 deaths
Uruguay 72 confirmed 7 deaths
USA 21311 confirmed 111 deaths

Now, again those are just the countries that have reported deaths. Many more countries have confirmed cases, or suspected cases but no reported deaths, so I did not put them up. If you look at the USA statistics, you see discrepancies from many places. If you go to the pandemic website, and look at the summary, the above statistics are what you will find. And yes, they have stopped adding to the report, and this started a couple weeks ago. So these statistics are a couple of weeks old, and I am sure the numbers are now higher.

So, quietly the United States seems to have the highest number of cases, along with the highest number of deaths. Why is this not being spoken about in the news? Oh that is right, Michael Jackson died, and that is far more important news. (sarcasm)

Also, the news shows that the UK has had 17 confirmed deaths. While the pandemic site, still only shows statistics from a couple of weeks ago. Slackers.

swine flu death rate is 0.5 or 0.4% of the population who contracts the swine flu. About one person in every 200 who contracts this virus may die. With the new resistant strain, who knows what this number will be.

Also, people who are overweight are more likely to die from this flu than any other. Not sure why yet, but they are finding blood clots in the lungs.

Actually, in the news they have showed pictures of people in New York wearing masks at the airport. Not sure why just at the airport, perhaps they feel they are more at risk at the airport? Also, it depends on the type of mask you have as well. So that makes a difference.

www.msnbc.msn.com... talks about the different types of masks.

If you are going to get masks, get the ones that are N-95 rated, form fitting, not the loose fitting surgical masks you see in pictures from Mexico. And still, even wearing a mask, you have to follow all other cleanliness suggestions, such as washing your hands often etc. The masks will not do a bit of good, if you don't wash your hands, and infect yourself by rubbing your face because you had the virus on your hands.

Harm None
Peace

join