It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Military Robot Could Feed on Dead Bodies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
The bodies of an enemy should be treated with utmost respect. After all wouldn't you want your troops bodies treated with respect by the enemy?

Big suprise that an American has designed this.....

Exactly....there just has to be some demonic influence over this planet, surely no one born of a mother who cared could support this ?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

you are KIDDING me right
please tell me right now you're joking because if not I see people are beyond saving

Whats the difference between a body dying and decomposing in the ground, versus a body being killed and devoured by a machine that was designed to destroy life and will use the body for energy to kill MORE people?!

Hmm I dunno I should think its an obvious answer. I pray Im dreaming that there are people who dont see corpse desecration as wrong

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The bodies of an enemy should be treated with utmost respect. After all wouldn't you want your troops bodies treated with respect by the enemy?

The creator(s) of this monstrosity should be tried for crimes against humanity, this is nothing short of horrifying.

Seriously...

It was designed to work off organic material, they can't make it work only on certain organic material. Dead bodies is just one source. Some inventors have designed a way to take organic trash and turn it into oil, which it already does but this process speeds it up quicker. This will help our landfills as we can get rid of our organic trash and use it instead of filling up our landfills. Organic materials include dead bodies, but these inventors never intended for it to be used that way, mostly to just lessen the burden on our landfills. Organic material is Organic material, how you use it is what counts.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Sorry but if my country went to war, I would much rather have them with an army of robots than humans. It's a simple case of wanting my side to win at minimal loss of life to my side, how is that a bad thing ? Or would you rather more lives be lost than neccesary in a war ?

If it means eating some dead bodies then so be it, they're only going to rot in the ground anyway and they're empty lifeless husks, the lifeforce has left them. Really what does it matter if it saves lives ?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Except our enemies brutally murder than desecrate the bodies of our troops. Where do people like you get this idea that our enemies play by rules of some kind. They don't.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Saves lives! It is a weapon designed to KILL! Wow you have skewed logic. By that atomic bombs save lives. I mean why send over 10000 troops when you can just nuke them into submission?
I would rather have NO casualties and NO war on either side and NO one designing ungodly machines designed to consume us and use it to kill MORE of us.
Didnt you ever read the doctor Suess book? You build a weapon. They build a bigger one. You build a deadlier one. And so on. And then soon EVERYONES dead.
While we're at it, human have a lot of protein maybe our troops over there should start eating the dead... I mean they're just going to rot anyway right

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Okay. This is just stupid. And sick. That dead bodies thing sure did get them noticed though. Nice twist.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Now you're getting silly with your sanctimonious bullcrap, just accept I have a different view to yours and stop getting offensive or trying to convince me otherwise with your religious agenda because it's not going to work.

We're in a state of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction), we've built the biggest we're likely to build and so have our potential enemies, if anyone launches a nuke, everyone will most likely be dead so it's not feasible to nuke an area of enemy, plus there's innocents to think about.

If I was a military commander and I had a choice of sending 1,000 humans where say 20% will die and another 20% to 30% get injured or I can send an army of robots where maybe 70% will get wrecked but can be salvaged and rebuilt or at the very least replaced. What do you think I would choose ? What would YOU choose ?

Maybe you think the dead are more important than the living to have such a fondess for the preservation of dead bodies but I consider life more important. And sorry to crush your deluded fantasies of no wars but there's always going to be war, it's a part of human nature and an army of robots vs a human army WILL result in less casualties than 2 human armies duking it out, thus the use of robots will save lives!

I'm sorry your religious views don't allow you to see reason & logic but it's ok I understand

[edit on 15/7/09 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Do you guys suppose the robot makes the "Nom nom nom!" sound when it eats?

Seriously, I'm more worried that these robots will have some glitch in their program that turns off their ability to distinguish "dead, nonliving, acceptable food" from "crowd of delicious, yet innocent people."

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

bwahahaa I hope they style them on the Heavy from TF2 that would so funny

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Trouble with this robot is if used against chinese it will want to eat another within a short time.

Joking aside,It sounds pretty horrific to be honest.You wouldnt want to be a battle weary soldier getting some shut eye with one of these creeping around trying to take a chunk out of you

How does it actualy break bodies up?A big set of clamps to cut through flesh and bone?

If only more money was spent on helping people rather than making more ways to kill each other

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

It's not specifically built to "EAT DEAD BODIES."

It's fueled by organic materials.

That's:

Grass
Wood
Foliage
Soil
Insects

The media hyped it with that whole "even dead bodies" to get readers to freak out over this thing.

I'm sure they can program it not to feast on human flesh so we won't OMGZERS!!!! Man - eating robot zombies!!!!

Relax people.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Something has got to clean up all those dead Americans the NWO is planning to take out with the H5N1 flu this fall.

Dont forget your mandatory vacine.

I know, I must be a nut, that could never happen here.

I used to feell that way, until 9/11.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Dont let Al Gore anywhere near this. Solve global warming one bit(e) at a time.

Interesting article.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You could also use this for cleanup after a plague.
Just let the robots out to clean up afterward. That's a gruesome little thought.

It might also work if the zombie hoards take over the world.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I wonder if they knick named it the OrganGrinder??

Pretty creepy stuff..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Wow you are unbelievable. Now you're putting words in my mouth?
Im not religious. I am agnostic. But you have to spout off how evilly religious I am to win a argument because I despise war and think human beings are sacred.
You sound like an atheist. Go push that agenda elsewhere. You're just as bad as the religious you hate.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Fortunately we're both incorrect in our assumptions then as I'm agnostic, you can't blame me for assuming you were indeed religious just like I can't blame you for assuming I was athiest from what we've both written.

I accept your point of view but I definately don't agree with it

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If it eats me when I'm dead, I dont care because I'm dead.

If it eats my friends or family I dont really care because... well they were dead already, they were not my "friends" or "family" anymore. Its just an empty shell now... its not like I would take them back home and sit them on the couch just to have them there. - same about those zombie movies like resident evil... I would shoot the head of my best friend, my girlfriend, wife, son, daughter or mother if they turned into zombies... they were not those persons anymore, why should I care.

Plus... I find the expressions "desecrating a body" and "treat dead bodies with respect" so damn primitive - and NOT primitive as in "middle age" I mean primitive as in "not rational". What respect should I pay for an empty soulless shell?

And PLUS... its my enemy's body! Why do I care? "Respect your enemy"? Well if you respect him THAT much DONT SHOOT HIM. Make friends and take them home for a martini and an Xbox match.

Either it EATS it... or... you go medieval on them and throw they're bodies over their own walls with a modern age, laser guided catapult.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by FraternitasSaturni]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

The creator(s) of this monstrosity should be tried for crimes against humanity, this is nothing short of horrifying.

Seriously...

I absolutely agree with everything you said except that last sentence. I mean, come on, how many horrible things have been created by people of other nations? It happens in all cultures.

More on topic (away from American bashing) just try to imagine if this machine decided that organic material didn't necessarily mean it had to be dead? Or if someone was sleeping and this thing activated or something? It's a monstrosity and it should NEVER have been thought of. But it's here and we'll find out if it gets deployed or not.

It's a sick joke as far as I am concerned.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join