It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Military Robot Could Feed on Dead Bodies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hence the need eventually for a natural mega electromagnetic pulse from the sun smh @ what humans have become.

so the dead no longer will be sent home. just become batteriez

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So a fighting robot knows that if it's hungry it just need to find a dead body.

No problem, it will find it easy to turn people into dead bodies.

"Don't eat me, Mr robot, it's the stripes that make a body yummy, and I only have one stripe.
Look at that man over there, he has 3 stripes. Much yummier."

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
And such a handy way for disposing of the evidence...

Line number 2.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Old News

Meh. Nothing new here. The robot in question, EATR (aka EDD-1E), has been undergoing field testing with Iron Maiden for over thirty years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aad11bca3b4b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

That would be a pretty terrorizing robot
I suppose if we were gonna make one I would want it to look like this

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizardThe creator(s) of this monstrosity should be tried for crimes against humanity, this is nothing short of horrifying.

This is such a ridiculous statement, just because it was designed to power itself on organic material doesn't mean it was specifically designed to feed on dead bodies. It would be a boring headline if they didn't add in "dead bodied"...geez, use your head, or did the robot get to you already

[edit on 14-7-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wouldn't that qualify them as zombies, lol?

"Attack of the Robot Zombies!!!" coming to an area near you soon.

About all it would take to make it perfect would be a computer virus that prevented the controller from controlling it and made it automanous, right? And without a human controller and a compromised control system it would probably not be so well coordinated.

Then you have a classic form of zombie: infected by a virus and they eat people, with the other attributes of the Terminator.

You read it here first: zombie Terminators.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As terrifying and psychotic this invention is, when it's time to get rid of a bunch of people, shock and awe like tactics are way more efficient and reliable. After all, a war crime is a war crime.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think even giving it the ability to consume a human corpse for fuel is a monstrocity. If they had designed it to, say, eat organic material, but move a corpse to another location, that would be better.

The robot would be useful in a conventional warfare situation, i.e: clearing the battlefield of dead bodies, but that is not today's battlefield....today's battlefield is in urban areas....so what, release these things in the middle of a city in iraq...wait...theres no freakin grass...so really, how long will it be before this thing starts to run out of energy and kills someone to produce that human body with which to fuel itself?

P.S. Agreed...WAY to matrix-ey

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
I wonder if I could talk them into testing this on my wife?

Let me know how this works... I might be able to offer up a second test.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If we can make robots that power themselves by eating humans, why am I still putting fossil fuels in my car?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Its actually a fantastic idea. It says it can consume any material, so why focus so much on dead bodies..? its not like theres dead bodies just lying around all over the place for this thing to gobble up. So it eats an old tire some shoes and a bush. So there was a foot inside that shoe... no biggie.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Retikx]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
As a timely coincidence, at 9:00pm Central Time tonight (July 14th) on the History Channel, That's Impossible is airing "Real Terminators".

Fear the march of the metal gods...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Positively ghoulish - Whatever will they think of next - It amazes me that in the economic climate we actually spend hard earned money on stuff like this....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
War is horrible enough without something like this, Think of the uproar there would be if this was on the front line now gobbling away and was videoed for the MSM. Morals, this is not right it is the ultimate disgrace to a fallen foe.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Wow, so we're going to have robots committing our war crimes for us, and then eating the evidence.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Remember that this EATR is still a machine, and all machines need to be repaired at some time, especially if it goes out on its own while being powered continuously. Until they make a self-repairing EATR, then wandering bots eating everything in their way won't happen.

Plus, how many people do you know of who walk around wearing all-organic clothing? Will a simple watch, necklace, bracelet, or brass button cause the inner-workings to jam? Soldiers on a battlefield will definetly have some inorganic material on their person. How about artificial limbs or replacement hips or gold teeth? If EATR can't eat anything inorganic, does that mean it will be reduced to carefully picking and choosing what it consumes? Perhaps it will be a vegetarian.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I predicted this about 10 years ago, saying that we'd make robots that do hazardous work like inspect underwater cables and feed off sealife to make power. I was always worried that someone would get the idea once the fishbot and other such things were created, that they would be weaponized.

I guess I was wrong, it looks like fishbot might end up being a technological offshoot of the Deathmaster 3000 Human Eradication Device. I wonder if they'll just program it to only eat brown people. That'd make sense considering how we're doing things right now

Or, imagine a robot that feeds people instead of eats them. No, that wouldn't work, not enough shock and awe and carnage, my bad.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Please, for once can we have more money towards helping people, and less money towards military and ways to KILL people.

Seriously what the hell is wrong with humans?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

Oh come on now, these people are designing a robot that eats organic material. Do you think they haven't thought about what happens if it try's to eat something it isn't supposed too?

They already have all that covered.

I'm with CuriousSkeptic, they are making a robot that can feed itself and power it self off of organic material, and we are still driving petroleum powered cars something is wrong here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join