It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inquiry into Iraq death sees British soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Inquiry into Iraq death sees British soldiers

www.smh.com.au

A public inquiry into the death of an Iraqi man in British custody was shown a video of a British soldier screaming at hooded prisoners on Monday.

The first day of the wide-ranging inquiry in central London heard that Baha Mousa, a 26-year-old hotel receptionist who died in Basra, southern Iraq, died after a "struggle" with two soldiers.

Mousa sustained 93 injuries including a broken nose and fractured ribs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Quite shocking that our military could allow this to happen, I wonder if it was ordered by the goverment or if it is simply angry/exhausted troops venting frustration.

Should it be the soliders who commited the act who are punished or their CO's who must have had some idea this was going on.

Regardless its not a pleasent video to watch by any means, I'm not sure there is a way to stop this happening completley but it could be reduced, even better if we just left Iraq.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The Baha Mousa case needs to be answered for, there’s practically no one in the forces that doesn’t agree with that. No one wants anything like that tainting them.

BUT… The video attached to the article is not abuse. I’m all against torture and real abuse but when you start counting being a bit uncomfortable and having a nasty man shout at you as abuse you might as well hack your own nads off.

As to who should be held responsible for Mousa’s death, it should be whoever was involved and/or complicit just the same as any other murder case.

Oh and Phil Shiner is an ambulance chasing c***.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How do they make the leap from yelling at prisoners to killing them? Is harsh language now considered torture as well? The definition seems to get broader by the day.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Actually when I look back at it I suppose its not torture in the true sense of the word more like agressive interrogation, still it would be pretty bad to go through.

new topics

join