It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian deep oil wells!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
One thing I'm beginning to realize is how Americans have been so brainwashed and indoctrinated into believing Russia is the big bad boogeyman. While America is lying and stealing from its own people Russia is becoming an oil producing powerhouse. Making deals all over the world instead of going to war with everyone.

In 1970, the Russians started drilling Kola SG-3, an exploration well
which finally reached a staggering world record depth of 40,230 feet.
Since then, Russian oil majors including Yukos have quietly drilled more
than 310 successful super-deep oil wells, and put them into production.
Last Year Russia overtook Saudi Arabia as the world's biggest single oil
producer, and is now set to completely dominate global oil production
and sales for the next century.

After more than 60 years of being enslaved, pillaged, and raped by the
French and then by the Americans, the poor Vietnamese were told
officially by American oil multinationals that their country was barren;
that western 'cutting edge' technology had failed to find anything to
help them recover financially from the mess left behind by American
bombs, Agent Orange, and a host of other delightful gifts from Uncle
Sam. This of course was exactly where America wanted the Vietnamese to
be: desperately poor and unable to take action against their former
invaders.

The Russians had other ideas and a very different approach. After
telling the Vietnamese that the Americans had lied to them, oil experts
were flown in from Moscow to prove this startling claim in a no-risk
joint venture, meaning the Russians would provide all of the equipment
and expertise free of charge, and only then take a percentage of the
profits if oil was actually found and put into production. Vietnam had
absolutely nothing to lose, and swiftly gave Russia the green light.

The Vietnamese White Tiger oil field was and is a raging success,
currently producing high quality crude oil from basalt rock more than
17,000 feet below the surface of the earth, at 6,000 barrels per day per
well. Through White Tiger, the Russians have assisted the Vietnamese to
regain part of their self respect, while at the same time making them
far less dependent on brutal western nations for food-aid handouts.

All of a sudden in a very small way, Vietnam has joined the exclusive
club of oil producing nations, and a stream of cynical U.S. Senators and
Congressmen have started making the long pilgrimage to Ho Chi Minh City
in order to 'mend fences'.
Predictably perhaps, the Vietnamese are very cool, and try hard to
ignore their new American admirers.

Welcome to the White Tiger oil field in Vietnam. Observe the truly
amazing oil
flares, in an area the Americans officially declared 'barren' of oil
reserves !

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a few sources might be nice, as far as i can see kola sg-3 had nothing to do with oil and i can't find anything much about the unusual depth of russian oil wells.

not that i think you're wrong, i just want to know more.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just for the sake of interest.

The Kola Super Deep

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm with pieman on this one, nice story, would be good if it were true. A few sources would help swing it...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

It has everything to do with oil if you believe in the abiotic theory of oil. It's an example of just how deep the Russians can and have drilled. Kola may not have produced oil but other deep oil wells most certainly can and have.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
im not being rude but i thought it was common knowledge that for years american scientists were saying russia was wasting there time with deep well drilling saying that there was no way possible that they would find oil that deep.after finding out that russia successfully drilled deep wells and found oil just to save face said that it was a freak finding and that the results of the well would not and could not be reproduced.wrong again. i dont see why they just dont admit they were wrong and start producing our own deep wells and reduce our demand on foreign oil.instead there sitting back and watching russia become a superpower again.and if you dont already know america is buying like 20-30 percent of our annual oil consumption from russia.how crazy is that?

not sure how to make a link but check out rense.com
[edit on 14-7-2009 by notsoobvious]

[edit on 14-7-2009 by notsoobvious]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
well i'm not entirely sure i do believe the abiotic theory and you certainly haven't presented anything to make it more credible. which wells can and have produced oil?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Russia has the whole time been a top POSSIBLE producer. This isn't new.

Tech, political instability, workers, and geography have kept their reserves as "unproven." It never meant that they weren't there.

You should see some pictures of the way some of the Soviet republics have run petroleum fields. Dear god, they are horrible. Getting their people on board with not being lazy idiots was probably their greatest challenge to production.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A large quote without a citation.

There's not a lot of credibility there.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
We should move to coal. Then the USA would be on top.

It would also fix our trade deficit

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
A large quote without a citation.

There's not a lot of credibility there.

Are these ok for you ?

www.gasresources.net...

They talk alot about abiotic oil and with some searching I can probably find you the links about the white tiger wells actually replenishing themselves but not tonight as I'm off to sleep soon

[edit on 15/7/09 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

One thing I'm beginning to realize is how Americans have been so brainwashed and indoctrinated into believing Russia is the big bad boogeyman.

Same goes for China, and Iran.

"I have the greatest admiration for your propaganda. Propaganda in the West is carried out by experts who have had the best training in the world -- in the field of advertizing -- and have mastered the techniques with exceptional proficiency ... Yours are subtle and persuasive; ours are crude and obvious ... I think that the fundamental difference between our worlds, with respect to propaganda, is quite simple. You tend to believe yours ... and we tend to disbelieve ours."
-Soviet correspondent based five years in the U.S.

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Sorry to report, Russia's trying and may well succeed in forcing their way into Canada's claimed, though not world court -- confirmed, Natural Gas reserves, north of NWT.

Canada always supports, through our natural resources, US needs first. Hard to do such when megabullies, bully for rights not decided as belonging to them (Russia).

Decoy

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If you follow plasma cosmology, the explaination for oil fields is fairly simple.

Solid body planets are born fully formed from gas giants or brown dwarf stars (basically the same thing). They are electrically ejected. Gas giants are born from large stars like our sun, they too are electrically born. When the surrounding plasma field powering a star becomes overloaded, the star will split to allow the electrical load to distribute over a larger surface area.

I believe earth was at one time a moon of Saturn, which itself was a brown dwarf star prior to its capture by the Sun. When Saturn was captured and entered the Sun's heliosphere, the interstellar plasma field that powered its coma shut off and it became the gas giant we see today.

This is the reason we have such diverse planets in our solar system and the reason why the gas giants tend to have so many moons. Such a catastrophic event also explains the ice ages where vast glaciers covered the earth. This was the period of time during the transition of the earths orbit from the far solar system to the inner solar system.

During the formation of earth, oil was imparted to the rock by the atmosphere of the gas giant planet earth was spawned from. The earth's oceans were imparted to it during the time it orbited inside the plasma coma of a brown dwarf star. The plasma coma of a brown dwarf star is the only known location in the universe that can impart an ocean of water to the surface of a planet sized object.

Oil does not come from decaying plants and animals, there is no research showing how this is even possible. It is an assumption based on the location of most known oil fields.

Oil is also not produced in the earth, its imparted to it like the oceans and rock are. Its simply something that earth carried along with it from its parent planet after it was born. In theory, it could run out, but I'm willing to bet there is the equivalent of an oceans worth of it on this planet as of yet undiscovered.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There are lakes of hydrocarbons on moons in this solar system. Are we going to say that those were created by decaying fossils?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That's right, in fact Titan (Saturn's moon) happens to have what scientists think are lakes of hydro-carbons on its surface.

new topics

top topics

join