It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese navy ships surrounds US navy ship in China Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Chinese navy ships surrounds US navy ship in China Sea

www.guardian.co.uk

and America have been drawn into a rare confrontation on the high seas, it emerged today, when the Pentagon accused Chinese ships of maneuvering dangerously close to a US navy vessel.

The US intends to protest to the Chinese military attache in Washington after Sunday's incident, which followed several days of what US defense officials called "increasingly aggressive" acts by Chinese ships.

At one point, the Pentagon said, the US vessel Impeccable sprayed one ship with water from fire hoses to force it away. The Chinese came within eight meters of the American ship, the Pentagon said,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.theinsider.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pentagon says Chinese vessels harassed U.S. ship

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The Chinese navy has been pulling this stuff for a wile, but instances are getting less scarce. It would not be good to see a naval confrontation of a cold-war scale. One of these little bouts gone awry, a single shot off the bow, could lead down an extremely long and dark road for our relations with china, and thus Russia.

Lets hope it doesn't go beyond shows of might and simple taunting.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Haha lol Protest???????????/. That's all we do anymore is protest. God forbid we actually confront an enemy that can fight back. Pathetic. The Chinese are taunting the US Navy and all we can do is protest. LOL. Oh the irony.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

That article is dated March 9, and these were not "Naval" ships as in military. These were Chinese fishermen getting annoyingly close to our Navy ships.

I haven't searched yet, but I am sure this was addressed and posted a couple of months ago, and it is not "Breaking News."

Sorry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think there are others as well, but gotta go to lunch for now.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You're correct. The sourced article dates from March 9th of this year.

I don't doubt that China does stuff like this on a regular basis though. Perhaps the US should do more than just say, "Hey now! Don't do that!"

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yea. That's what we need. Another armed conflict. We have an economy that is teetering on the brink and 3 (very expensive) wars going on at the moment. I'm sure we can afford another one. And with a country that holds the purse strings to most of the US debt at that. Now that would be a brilliant move.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yea. That's what we need. Another armed conflict. We have an economy that is teetering on the brink and 3 (very expensive) wars going on at the moment. I'm sure we can afford another one. And with a country that holds the purse strings to most of the US debt at that. Now that would be a brilliant move.

3 wars? I thought we just had the two- Iraq and Afghanistan. What's the third? The "war on drugs"?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

What's the third war again?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

And how do you expect the US to pull out of the pending economic depression and catastrophe that is on the horizon. Why do you think the Russians have built the bunker at Yamantau? WWIII is on the horizon and Russia and China know it. And with our military spread thin it gives them even more of a reason to ratchet up their plans and securing of natural resources. Meanwhile our country is busy fighting a bunch of sandal wearing boogeymen.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
AWSOME! I would have LOVED to be the skipper of that boat that got to order the Water Cannons to "OPEN FIRE!". Totally awsome!

In reality, this is nothing new. We poke the CHinese with a stick, they poke us with a stick. It's the exact same thing that the US and Russia did during the cold war.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think this goes to show how many sub-groups within big governments, act independently within the context of the power structures they are housed in.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
chinese fishing boat for sure. Chinese fishing boats loaded to the brim with chinese intelligence agents and officers. Sorta like how the russians put russian fishing boats filled with russian intelligence officers right off the california coast line hoping to snoop on some clandestine testing out near the channel islands.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

War on drugs. May not be quite the budget that we're pissing away in the middle east but make no mistake, it ain't lunch money either.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I'm not so sure that's a "war," as much as it is a bonfire fueled by taxpayer money. Hence my confusion... but I obviously agree it's money wasted.

top topics

join