It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know How to Prepare . Free Guide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is just a link to an survival guide for those of you who would maybe feel a bit safer by having one close by.

'' This book will help you understand the importance of making preparations
before anything happens, and help you know what to do
and how to act before, during and after a disaster. ''

Link to .PDF Survival guide

'' CHAPTER 1
CREATING YOUR DISASTER PLAN
Where will you & your family be WHEN IT STRIKES!
Work? School? Home? Traveling?
Will you know What to do and where to go?
4 STEPS TO SAFETY ''

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Excellent resource - I especially like the quote at the end ..... "It's better to be five years early than one minute too late".

And the cool lit'l cartoons throughout the pages don't hurt either.

Downloaded and saved.

Thank you for providing this !

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would say this is more of a checklist to prepare before a disaster, not really a guide on how to survive after something happens (which is what I would be interested in).

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Thank you very much, that is the best gift I had from ATS, u are great!

By the way, what about if Earth have no magnetic field to protect us eg. during pole shift ; or after eruption of Supervolcano ( eg. if it blasted clouds of volcanic ash round the world) ?

Pls kindly advise too, if u know any info. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Thank you very much, that is the best gift I had from ATS, u are great!

By the way, what about if Earth have no magnetic field to protect us eg. during pole shift ; or after eruption of Supervolcano ( eg. if it blasted clouds of volcanic ash round the world) ?

Pls kindly advise too, if u know any info. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

I'm just quoting here, it from the 2012 forum ...

A volcano is a vent through which molten rock escapes to the earth’s surface. When pressure from gases within the molten rock becomes too great, an eruption occurs. Eruptions can be quiet or explosive. There may be lava flows, flattened landscapes, poisonous gases, and flying rock and ash.

Because of their intense heat, lava flows are great fire hazards. Lava flows destroy everything in their path, but most move slowly enough that people can move out of the way.

Fresh volcanic ash, made of pulverized rock, can be abrasive, acidic, gritty, gassy, and odorous. While not immediately dangerous to most adults, the acidic gas and ash can cause lung damage to small infants, to older adults, and to those suffering from severe respiratory illnesses. Volcanic ash also can damage machinery, including engines and electrical equipment. Ash accumulations mixed with water become heavy and can collapse roofs.

Volcanic eruptions can be accompanied by other natural hazards, including earthquakes, mudflows and flash floods, rock falls and landslides, acid rain, fire, and (under special conditions) tsunamis.

The following are guidelines for what to do if a volcano erupts in your area:
• Evacuate immediately from the volcano area to avoid flying debris, hot gases, lateral blast, and lava flow.
• Be aware of mudflows. The danger from a mudflow increases near stream channels and with prolonged heavy rains. Mudflows can move faster than you can walk or run. Look upstream before crossing a bridge, and do not cross the bridge if mudflow is approaching.
• Avoid river valleys and low-lying areas.

Protection from Falling Ash:
• Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants.
• Use goggles and wear eyeglasses instead of contact lenses.
• Use a dust mask or hold a damp cloth over your face to help with breathing.
• Stay away from areas downwind from the volcano to avoid volcanic ash.
• Stay indoors until the ash has settled unless there is danger of the roof collapsing.
• Close doors, windows, and all ventilation in the house (chimney vents, furnaces, air conditioners, fans, and other vents).
• Clear heavy ash from flat or low-pitched roofs and rain gutters.
• Avoid running car or truck engines. Driving can stir up volcanic ash that can clog engines, damage moving parts, and stall vehicles.
• Avoid driving in heavy ash fall unless absolutely required. If you have to drive, keep speed down to 35 MPH or slower.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here is a webpage with some more ,PDF for you if you like to test your printer.

Monkey monkey monkey

Have fun !

i cant find any specific protection against no Magnetosphere, but this :

'' Ultraviolet Radiation

Everybody knows that you can get severely burnt while in high mountains and that you need to protect yourself well against the solar radiation. The higher you are, the more intense the radiation is. No doubt about that. You only have to ask mountain climbers who use protection factors of twenty or more. Close to the fatal date, a lot of us who plan to survive will be at an altitude of three kilometers (9000 feet) or more. Under normal circumstances there would be no problem. However, at the peak of the catastrophe, the light intensity of the sun will increase tremendously. An all-scorching light will be sent in the direction of the Earth. The intensity of ultraviolet radiation, which is responsible for the degradation of the ozone layer, will rise quite spectacularly. You can guess the consequences: you will risk burning unprotected skin, making it as black as carbon in this radiation inferno. ''

Maybe just lotsa sunblock, but I read that Afgahnistan bought 5 million bio-suits, cant find the atricle, I know I read it though.

I also read that water blocks Xrays , so under water maybe should help there, but , but ...

[edit on 14-7-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Maybe read this if you have a garden ...

Survival IQ

Plants are valuable sources of food because they are widely available, easily procured, and, in the proper combinations, can meet all your nutritional needs.

WARNING :
The critical factor in using plants for food is to avoid accidental poisoning. Eat only those plants you can positively identify and you know are safe to eat.

Absolutely identify plants before using them as food. Poison hemlock has killed people who mistook it for its relatives, wild carrots and wild parsnips.

At times you may find yourself in a situation for which you could not plan. In this instance you may not have had the chance to learn the plant life of the region in which you must survive. In this case you can use the Universal Edibility Test to determine which plants you can eat and those to avoid.

It is important to be able to recognize both cultivated and wild edible plants in a survival situation. Most of the information in this chapter is directed towards identifying wild plants because information relating to cultivated plants is more readily available.

Remember the following when collecting wild plants for food:

Plants growing near homes and occupied buildings or along roadsides may have been sprayed with pesticides. Wash them thoroughly. In more highly developed countries with many automobiles, avoid roadside plants, if possible, due to contamination from exhaust emissions.

Plants growing in contaminated water or in water containing Giardia lamblia and other parasites are contaminated themselves. Boil or disinfect them.

Some plants develop extremely dangerous fungal toxins. To lessen the chance of accidental poisoning, do not eat any fruit that is starting to spoil or showing signs of mildew or fungus.

new topics

top topics

join