It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air strike in Afghanistan kills 120+ civilians -- mainly women and children

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Maybe if we had not gone on the jaunt to Iraq we could have concentrated on making sure the taliban never came back.

I doubt you would have supported anything. I'm sure you would have found something to bitch about.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
thanks for your intelligent reply. I'm just trying to point out the Problems with this operation which is doomed to failure.

let's remember not a single Afghan was responsible for 9/11, most of the Hijackers were Saudi right? yet it is the afghans who are on the end of American bombs.

The taliban was set up by The US and UK as the muhjahadeen to fight the Soviets in the 80's, the west plied them with weapons and encouraged their activities. it has now come back to bite the west on the arse.

The fact we have so few troops out there at the moment, means we can never really take this conflict seriously and all we will have is more dead innocents and more dead soldiers.

Are we going to push the Taliban into Pakistan and then Invade Pakistan?

I'm just putting my point ut there its my opinion and I happen to think Im right.
Its up to you to prove me wrong

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

thanks for your intelligent reply.

Anytime!

I'm just trying to point out the Problems with this operation which is doomed to failure.

Yeah, Yeah, we have heard this talk before. Let's see.....the surge will never work. The surge is a failure. Keep clutching at straws as eventually something might stick.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
So let me see if I understand what you little sissy girls are trying to say.

Basically, you are saying that the next time the Taliban or Al Qaida kill 3000 Americans on U.S. soil and totally destroy 2 skyscrapers, . . .

Don't you understand that you are the gullible victims for which their propaganda is meant and you are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Talk of falling for the propaganda . . .

You Still believe Osama, who was being treated with dialysis in Pakistan 24 hours before the attacks, managed to organise a stand-down of the American air force so those planes could get through?

You never read the Northwoods Report or the PNAC documents, planning for such self inflicted false flags and outlining the need for a "new Pearl Harbor" to spark of these wars?

Until you have learned history, you have learned nothing.

[edit on 15/7/09 by Kailassa]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
You Still believe Osama, who was being treated with dialysis in Pakistan 24 hours before the attacks, managed to organise a stand-down of the American air force so those planes could get through?

Huh?

Do you actually read posts or do you just have reading comprehension problems? Where did I mention anything about me believing Osama is still alive? I see, you must be able to read my mind right?

[edit on 7/15/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

thanks for your intelligent reply.

Anytime!

I'm just trying to point out the Problems with this operation which is doomed to failure.

Yeah, Yeah, we have heard this talk before. Let's see.....the surge will never work. The surge is a failure. Keep clutching at straws as eventually something might stick.

Just so I'm clear on your position, you believe this surge will bring peace to Afghanistan and Pakistan and make the west safer?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Just so I'm clear on your position, you believe this surge will bring peace to Afghanistan and Pakistan and make the west safer?

Umm....no, when did I ever mention peace.

I don't give a rats ass about peace in A-stan or Pakistan. I want all the Taliban and Al Qaida terrorists dead or at least to the point of being useless. However, the goal in A-stan and Pakistan is to a least bring some stability. All we need is for the Taliban or Al Qaida to control one of those countries and get their hands on a nuke.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Your the country who made them into terrorists. America spends so much time going around trying to make enemies, so they can pretended in there schizo society that people are out to get them.

The only place the 120 or so that died, had anything to do with attacking america is in your mind, get it. Thats all america and uk does, pretend in there schizo minds that people are out to get them, so they can kill anyone they want.

Watch how that loon glen beck will be all smiles at this, and do not forget people living thousands of miles away, doing nothing but trying to live there lifes, are some how out to get a schizo country called america.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Umm....no, when did I ever mention peace.

I don't give a rats ass about peace in A-stan or Pakistan. I want all the Taliban and Al Qaida terrorists dead or at least to the point of being useless. However, the goal in A-stan and Pakistan is to a least bring some stability. All we need is for the Taliban or Al Qaida to control one of those countries and get their hands on a nuke.

So this surge and this whole operation since 2001 is to bring stability to Pakistan and Afghanistan. It's failing pretty badly as far as I can see. I dont remember worrying about pakistan before 9/11.

The fact you dont give a rats ass about peace in these places is worrying. I guess you think we should just nuke the whole middle east and be done with it. problem solved.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Your the country who made them into terrorists.

Oh sweet Jesus, please stop your liberal spewing flap trap.

That is so ridiculous. Yeah, I know you think America is the fault of everything. Get something new will ya because that is a tired old song you are singing.

Hey, my toilet is backed up. It must be America's fault.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Your the country who made them into terrorists.

Oh sweet Jesus, please stop your liberal spewing flap trap.

That is so ridiculous. Yeah, I know you think America is the fault of everything. Get something new will ya because that is a tired old song you are singing.

Hey, my toilet is backed up. It must be America's fault.

I'm no liberal and am fully aware of my own countries crimes throughout history, yet you have failed to demonstrate how it would be possible to win this war in Afghanistan. Ive made my points quite clearly, all you have done is get defensive and jingoistic about America. This isn't just about America, the UK lost 15 troops in 9 days for what?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I'm no liberal and am fully aware of my own countries crimes throughout history, yet you have failed to demonstrate how it would be possible to win this war in Afghanistan. Ive made my points quite clearly, all you have done is get defensive and jingoistic about America. This isn't just about America, the UK lost 15 troops in 9 days for what?

Umm....I was not talking to you.
That was a reply to Andy.

Or did you just screw up and you and andy are the same person with 2 active accounts?

[edit on 7/15/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I was just making a point. the point is still addressed to you. just because you are unable to defend your stance on this topic without the use of rolling eyeballs icons and sweeping generalizations. I'll just give up on trying to have an intelligent debate with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join