It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Christian Founders: 1 ... Media: 0

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
God never meant for man to rule over his fellow man. When He established the Israelites He meant to be their king; their only ruler but they insisted on rejecting God's plan to guide them and demanded a king like the nations around them had.

Having made his wishes known and respecting our free will, He let them have kings like all the other nations. Look at the mess that left.

Man has tried every form of self-governance he can think of and all his best efforts eventually fail. All the once-great empires have fallen and now it's America's turn. This nation was founded on Christian principles and in fact it was said that the Constitution was meant for a Christian people, it would work for no other.

How true those words are ringing today. We have ejected God from our schools, our courthouses, rejected him in our daily governance and then we have the unmitigated temerity to demand that "God bless America"? Perhaps when we get to the end of ourselves and realize that we have continually, utterly failed to rule ourselves with any decency, we will repent and turn back to our Maker.

And the Christians (so-called) who use the Bible like a weapon to beat their fellows have a special judgment awaiting them. I don't believe in a place of eternal torment since God is not psychotic (only psychotic humans could come up with that idea), but God does warn against the false prophets, the wolves in sheep's clothing, the priests who eat up the sustenance of the widow and fatherless. Not everyone who says, "Lord, Lord" will be counted as His.

This nation, as a nation, has utterly rejected their creator and now He is rejecting us. Fortunately, the Father is merciful and would let us learn this lesson before setting things aright.

Thomas Jefferson was a personal hero when I was growing up. I thought he was the wisest man that ever lived. I see a lot of his words quoted here in this thread as evidence of what the founding fathers wanted. He also mentioned (and I'm paraphrasing) that if a child has not reached a sense of decency by the time he's 14 he should be taken out and silently and decently beheaded. Sure you want to have everything he said enforced as law? He also mentioned sending all the blacks back to Africa. The only thing stopping Congress at the time was lack of funds to pay for the many boat trips.

What the founding fathers wrote about to one another in their bouncing of ideas off one another for this nascent form of government and what they finally decided on are 2 different things. We have the Constitution even though it's been referred to as nothing more than a G..D... piece of paper. We have our Bill of Rights which is being rapidly eroded and usurped by executive orders. We have our declaration of independence which we may have to reassert in the near future. All are powerful symbols but in their current state reflect man's inability or unwillingness to govern himself according to the law of the Creator.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Americas founders were far from christian in their religous ideologies.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminator13
Americas founders were far from christian in their religous ideologies.

You need to think this through..with great thought...spiritual thought.

If they were far from Christian in their religious ideologies, than in what religion/religions were they practicing their various ideologies. Do you know???

One thing is obvious to those who know and also those who have survived a public school education.

The founders created a Coinage act of April 2, 1792 which precisely matches the Biblical requirement of Just Weights and Measures. Neither a Measure Great nor a Measure Small..but perfect weights and measures.

You had a dollar weight and measure in silver. A certain fineness and purity .9 fine. Half of that dollar weight was to become a half dollar, one quarter weight was to become a quarter dollar, one tenth of that weight in silver was to become a dime and one twentieth of that weight and fineness in silver was to become a half dime.

The same could be said in gold. A twenty dollar gold piece was to become half of that weight and fineness in the ten dollar gold piece. One quarter of that to become the 5 dollar gold piece. One eighth of that twenty dollar gold piece was to become the $2.50 coin and one twentieth of that was to become the one dollar gold piece. All of this coinage was .9 fine gold.

The same system of weights and measures applied in copper except that it was called in the coinage act ...to the pennyweight. It too was a system of just weights and measures.

Today ..now that we are educated and emotional train wrecks..we have been deceived into accepting a system of coinage in copper nickle..by which we now have a Susan B, Anthony dollar which is of the same copper/nickle mixture yet is only two thirds the size and weight of a copper nickle half dollar ...yet claims to be worth twice as much.
You have to go to school and be educated to get this stupid and call it coinage. It is a farce, a lie, and an obvious counterfeit. It is a counterfeit because it aptly demonstrates that even the copper nickle metal cannot be the money or coinage.
This is a system of Unjust weights and measures. The coinage also says on it in counterfeit .."In God We Trust."
When did the United States Government switch gods to the god of unjust weights and measures and why did they not tell anyone they had done this?? Not only that ...why did they switch gods and not tell anyone??
Thinking people know and can follow this concept and idea.

Just weights and measures is a Biblical Standard. You have to go to school and be educated in stupid not to understand this concept. Which is exactly what has happened to most of us as Americans. We got stupid aboutn a great many things.
Try to find anyone at the holy Fox News outlets ...looking out for you ...to explain this to you??
But if you can think for yourself ...you know it is true.

Any government which can continually make cheap money will eventually buy up everything and everyone...and sell the very soul of a nation to maintain power and control...at the expense of its citizens.
And you see exactly that happening ...no matter what political party is in office.

The founders also warned us about this trend as well.

We are today in government practicing the religion of the god of unjust weights and measures...in our money systems and coinage.

Are there any of you out here on this thread capable of understanding the name of the god of unjust weights and measures...by name??
What also do you call a religion in secret where the body politic/government has secretly and privily switched to this god and told no one they had done this...to all the people. For they have made the people subject to this god and religion...in counterfeiting the money system. What religion is this??

Illuminator your quote above initially sounds good,logical, and reasonable..but the history of what they did and thier attempt to bring about a "Limited Government" indicates a great understanding of ungodly principles and the history of very ungodly governments....going way back into time and ancient nations.

As I stated in earlier posts on page 3 of this thread...check out "divine right of kings" and " feudalism" to see what the founders were trying to prevent.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by rubbertramp

I wish Christian minded people were the only ones in Congress - this planet wouldn't be in the mess it's in now if that were true.

HECK YES! Man I would love to soon find it illegal or innapropriate to practice my paganism. I would love to make absolute sure a gay man could never marry his boyfriend when it truly does absolutely no damage to you as a Christian personally. I would love the TV, billboards and all other media to be blasted with Christianity and how it is the only REAL message. I adore being told I am going to hell for not following your way. I think evolution has no foundation despite all the evidence shown and would love to make sure the schools never were able to teach any alternatives.

Where can I sign up?

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Pardon me if this has already been posted here but I just could'nt resist:

I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology.

-Thomas Jefferson

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join