It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Kilometers of Caves Discovered at Easter Island

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
wow - very cool. this may be a silly question, but do you see pictograms? do they mean that reflective alien head and those flying saucers or is that light bouncing off crystal? I'm not sure what I'm looking at, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
My most fascinating things are ancient maps and caves. When the tunnels go really far they are blocked from humans disturbing whats inside. I recently found an article about a 'metal library' cave and one in the US with Egyptian artefacts in it... very intriguing.
My favourite is still the old lore of a massive underwater tunnel connecting Scotland to Norway

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well this thread inspired me a bit. I just spent over 2 hours on Google Earth checking out Easter Island and the linked pictures. The amount of ruins, petroglyphs and Moais blew me away, I had no idea. To say that there is far more on that Island than I have ever seen on any documentary is a huge understatement.

After looking at some of the petroglyphs of the Birdmen I began wondering if these carvings and their myth have any relation to the Maya Kukulcan and the North American ThunderBirds (Wakinyan).

reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

While I was looking at the Island on GE I was thinking about ruins below sea level. I couldn't make anything out but I feel that there is a lot more than we know about.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by Devino]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

...and one in the US with Egyptian artefacts in it

That one would be the Burrows cave, it's discoverer claimed to have found hundreds of rocks covered with Egyptian carvings and some gold artifacts of Egyptian origin. Google "Burrows cave" for more.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I hope some cool scientist goes in and reports befor the secret 1Z do. SMH

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Interesting article,man!
S&F for you.OP! this is a amazing find perhaps this will indeed shed light on the statues and the other artifacts on Easter Island.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
IMO these caves have been known about for a while now, just only now they are being released for everyone to see.

Alien looking petroglyphs.

Just one more piece added to the puzzle that is disclosure.

Wonder how long before all the pieces have been laid in place and the full picture is shown to the world?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

No Chutulu isnt there

Funny looking pictures tho, small and short legs, long arms and neck, weird head. The flying birds look funny too.

But hee, maybe it was the art-style back then. It wouldn't suprise me if they find out them pictures are as old as the last Stone Age.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow totally fascinating!

S and F

I have always wanted to go to Easter Island -

I can't wait to find out Everything they discover in the cave, I bet there are some amazing drawings etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Its the hollow earth ENTRANCE-
WOO U FOUND IT

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
Was there any evidence these caves may exstend beyond the island and below the sea bed into the pacific ocean.If it does then this cave system could only be the tip of the iceburg and it could exstend much further down than the known caves and may go deeper than any previously exsployed cave system.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 15-7-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

I was just thinking that right before I read your post. I wonder if there is a deep tunnel system waiting to found that connects the islands of the Pacific together and maybe connects to south america.

You could imagine ancient rock carvings hinding in the depths of the cave system waiting to be discovered.

I know that caves are very sacred to the early mesoamericans because of their mythology but I wonder if there is a deeper secret to the sacredness. They would make a good escape or a surprise to an enemy.

The most amazing caves of our world

The Crystal Caves from Mexico mentioned in the above link are amazing. Maybe Cayce had it wrong and he meant some crystal chambers were the lead to the lost civilization in the americas.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You never disappoint warrenb, S & F!

This is intriguing to me, I've always wanted to go there. Please keep us posted if you find any new developments.

Great find

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Regarding the thought and prospect of this system being much larger, maybe even to the point of there being a "passageway" to other nearby civilized areas at that time... It's a very good question to ask.
I might not be an expert in this but just in my honest opinion, I doubt that we may ever be able to answer that.

Reason being: over time, gradually these lava tubes would become filled with sediment, debris and other obstructions. At a certain depth groundwater seepage would be a problem and could lead to most tubes flooded and impassable. The ones that possibly extend out from the epicenter of the volcanic flow would be impacted by the sea. Even if they were above sea level many years ago, they might be now. It would take experienced cave divers to perform a mission like that, and it is not one for the faint of heart.

Which leads me to ask, does anyone know what the approximate sea level was during the apex of the culture? Could there be some high spots nearby that could have been islands themselves?

Hrrmmm... just a thought.
T-

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I'm still waiting for them to find a cave with some unknown vicious creature. Or perhaps a cave that was once used for aliens to take shelter.

Don't know, something along those lines.

However, still starring and flagging this. Good find. Is it possible that we may once again live in caves if things keep up the way they are going?

Good sir, caves are just the thing for today's modern society!

Just look how well they are working out for Osama.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Kind of strange there's no pictures at all?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Another possibility: In times of famine, drought, and war...brought on by

the appearance of the 10th planet phenomenon....the easter island

indiginous fled to the underground caves for survival.

I wonder what the petroglyphs describe, or if any written language

describes the accounts of those times to shed more light on this.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
Kind of strange there's no pictures at all?

Well remember, history is "His Story". If whoever found this didn't want people to know about it for what it was truly used for, or how they actually created it... You won't know.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Great documentary about Easter island caves going on right now on Nat Geo.
Just giving a heads up

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

Which leads me to ask, does anyone know what the approximate sea level was during the apex of the culture? Could there be some high spots nearby that could have been islands themselves?

Paleoshorelines

This site shows the sea levels at 1K yr increments for portions of the globe, but sadly not for the area near Easter Island. From what I've read, seal levels drop about 400 ft during an ice age, with that being the case there might be entrances once accessible now beneath the waves.

<< 1    3 >>

join