It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory Why People dont like their Photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I get the whole voice thing... For the past few years people have said that Ive got a weird accent, and I just thought I sounded normal.. turns out I was wrong
.. but I guess thats what happens when you've been brought up in 3 completely different parts of the country!

As for the photos thing, Im not very photogenic.. on facebook Im 'tagged' in around 600 photos, and there's only about 10 that Im actually completely comfortable looking at. Not that Im massively bothered by the bad pictures, its only my friends that see them and they have more then their fair share of dodgy pictures themselves so it doesnt matter really!
One thing Ive never been able to do though is take pictures of myself, just the thought of it makes me cringe.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've noticed two different ways of viewing people. One can be considered passive and the other active.

When seeing someone for the first time we look at them passively. We notice them and continue on to the next thought. Not taking in any detail or paying much attention.

I've come to recognize this by meeting new people, you're view of them often changes after you get to know them and they'll even look a little different once you've reached that level of acquaintance or took an effort to pay attention to their detail.

The other way of view people s active.. we look at ourselves active.. we notice the imprefections, all the little details were other people may not pay as much attention and view you passively.

I taken pictures of people that thought they looked bad and they looked fine to me. I wasn't actively paying attention to their image, but upon looking closer, I can understand their concerns towards their own images. I noticed that the picture didn't look as good or casual as it had first appeared.

..my two cents..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

if thats you in the avatar i cant see how you cant be photogenic...maybe you are a good example here...do you like photo when you take them through the mirror?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
While I agree with much that has been mentioned here I also believe that some of it has to do with upbringing and being modest. I was always taught that being modest was a good trait and narcissism was not. Therefore pictures of oneself can tend to make you a little uncomfortable.

Today we have all the online social networks and see the teens of today gushing over themselves and posting dozens of pictures of themselves.

I dont know if its a lack of modesty, a need for attention or validation but things have certainly changed over the years. The gap between generations and their comfort level regarding personal photos is gigantic and growing every day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join