It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bernie Madoff being prepared for 'disappearance'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
First he was moved out of NY down to Atlanta medium security prison. Supposedly a guy with his type of sentence (150 years) is not allowed any lower level of security because he is obviously going to try to escape since there is nothing to lose if he gets caught.

Now they are reporting that he is being moved to a minimum security prison camp in North Carolina. Google it.

I think somebody in power is going to create a diversion at the camp and slip Bernie out the back door and take him away to Israel just like the money.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The prison in Butner, NC has three separate units. Yes, one is a minimum security camp. The other two are medium security. As I understand it, Madoff will be in one of the medium security areas.

I live about 20 miles from this place and have a friend who's a guard there. It's a secure facility. They have had a number of high-profile prisoners over the years.

Here's a list of past and present prisoners at Butner. From a news article on wral. com:
* Former televangelist Jim Bakker
* Penthouse publisher Larry Flynt
* John Hinckley, who tried to assassinate former President Ronald Reagan
* John Rigas, founder of Adelphia Communications, and his son, Tim, the company's chief financial officer. They were convicted on multiple charges of securities fraud, conspiracy to commit bank fraud and bank fraud.
* Jonathan Pollard, the American convicted of spying for Israel more than two decades ago.
* Omar Abdel-Rahman, also known as the blind sheik, who was sentenced to life in prison in 1995 for his role in a plot to kill Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and blow up New York City landmarks, including the United Nations. He was sentenced to life in prison in 1995 and moved to Butner in 2007.

So I doubt they're trying to make him disappear.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I agree! they will just have to set up a few interviews in a prison setting over the years but I think that guy is going to be living just fine
S$F

[edit on 14-7-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
with the money he made - he could
afford a clone... to serve his time for him..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
I agree! they will just have to set up a few interviews in a prison setting over the years but I think that guy is going to be living just fine
S$F

Yup! Maybe he'll get sick and be sent to the hospital unit where they will swap him with some old psycho that looks like him enough to pass it by the local guards when he returns to the medium security zone looking all haggard and the worst for it.
I read that the Butner Camp is a ''correctional research'' facility.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Bernie Madoffs attorney was on Philsgang.com Radio show yesterday 7-14-09... if you interested...

new topics

top topics

join