It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China bans electro-shock therapy for Internet addicts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

China bans electro-shock therapy for Internet addicts

www.reuters.com

China has banned electro-shock therapy as a treatment for Internet addiction, citing uncertainty in the safety and effectiveness of the practice after criticism in the local media.

The Ministry of Health announcement followed recent media reports about a controversial psychiatrist in Linyi, Shandong Province, who administered electric currents to nearly 3,000 teenagers in an attempt to rid them of their Internet habit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I need this shock therapy ! I am addicted to the internet ! can you imagine that this goes on even today, how can electric shock get you rid of your internet habit?

There are no scientific claims to this use of shocks and it is good that China has banned that practise.

Kids were sent there by force and they had to endure unncessary torture in the name of getting their internet addiction off.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

You know, in spite of everything, I sometimes get the idea that China has something on the ball. You add in what Ben Fulford is doing with the Chinese "underground" and you have to respect these guys just a bit. It could be they've just been sort of left out of the whole European Soap Opera that has been playing out over all these years on the rest of the planet, and so are not so deceived by it.

Boy, if they'd just go ahead and ban psychiatry entirely they could make some real progress!

join