It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez, Galloway to break Gaza siege: Report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The people of the region especially those in the Mediterranean need to organize a 'Dunkirk' style flotilla to liberate Gaza, where there are so many average, ordinary mainstream people involved that it can't possibly be misconstrued as part of some sinister radical agenda but simply an act of humanitarianism, by a world that can no longer tolerate the horrors inflicted upon the people of Gaza.

And then maybe, just maybe, the terrorist organization Hamas will finally be driven into the sea where they deserve to die a horrible death for their role in destroying the Palestinian people's future.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The people of the region especially those in the Mediterranean need to organize a 'Dunkirk' style flotilla to liberate Gaza, where there are so many average, ordinary mainstream people involved that it can't possibly be misconstrued as part of some sinister radical agenda but simply an act of humanitarianism, by a world that can no longer tolerate the horrors inflicted upon the people of Gaza.

And then maybe, just maybe, the terrorist organization Hamas will finally be driven into the sea where they deserve to die a horrible death for their role in destroying the Palestinian people's future.

I think Israel has done a good job of that all on their own with some help from more than a few misguided Americans.

The reality is if Ghandi came back to life and headed a Palestinian Government the Israeli's who have broken every accord and treaty they have ever signed and were the originators of terrorism in the Middle East would still bomb and smash that government's infrastructure too every few years.

Israel's values have sadly corrupted ours and taught people to abandon our loftier goals to be just as down and dirty as the next guy.

Just one problem my friend, once you are as down and dirty as the next guy, you can't pretend to be any higher or cleaner, I understand it makes some people feel good trying though!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think Israel has done a good job of that all on their own with some help from more than a few misguided Americans.

If Hamas were not involved, the chances for peace would rise dramatically. They are the ones who incite violence, who steal the medicine and food from the people, and who need to be eliminated.

Just one problem my friend, once you are as down and dirty as the next guy, you can't pretend to be any higher or cleaner, I understand it makes some people feel good trying though!

What we have in this area is not war. It is insanity.

War, conducted correctly, has as it's primary goal an quick end to hostilities. This means going against your enemy with everything you have as quickly as you can. Not this tit-for-tat bs going on now.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am not sure what to say, except: "even a broken clock is right twice a day"

I am no fan of Galloway, Chavez, or the Israeli .gov so I am not sure what to say...

I'm OK with people trying to crack the blockade of Gaza though.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
And Galloway is an idiot who is fooled by the same people (most notable the Islamic regime) as the Israel haters on here.

Galloway an idiot? Really? You might not want to agree with him, but he is certainly no idiot. You should be as well spoken with your accusations as he is with his.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Loke.

If that is the response from the radical left who have their heads in the sand .. then I'm doing something right.

hey .. I'll even throw in Cindy Sheehan with the bunch on their space flight. One more nut off the planet to raise the worlds collective IQ.

edited to add -

Originally posted by Mdv2
I prefer people who are straightforward about their opinion than all these politicians with their lies.

Well Mdv2 .. I gotta give ya' that one. He is straight forward.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by FlyersFan]

Im sorry im not talking on behalf on "radical" left parties im talking on my behalf on my own ethic and morale and if by spreading hatred and obscurity in these forums, then yes you have done something "right"

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
spreading hatred and obscurity

The 'tolerance' of the left for the truth ... gotta love it.

Originally posted by jsobecky
If Hamas were not involved, the chances for peace would rise dramatically.

Yep. Hamas doesn't want peace.

Peace would put Hamas out of business. Peace would end the Hamas' power. Peace would put an end to 'aid' coming into the Hamas bank accounts.

If peace came, Hamas would have to stop indoctrinating children with all their anti-jewish 'children's programs' ... Farfur and the rest .... no more school children chanting 'jews are apes and pigs' in kindergarden.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hamas is an american puppet

I'm sure of this, he gets enough of hundreds of millions of dollars from the United States.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
he gets enough of hundreds of millions of dollars from the United States.

He? Hamas is a group.

Here's the money info from the last few years ... It's rather restrictive when it comes to dealing with Hamas. (not restrictive enough .. NO MONEY should be going over there at all ... to anyone)

Official US Government Document
US Foreign Aid to Palestinians - 415 million in 2007

2009 - aid to Palestinians

In March 2009, the Obama Administration pledged $900 million in U.S. assistance to the Palestinians to address both post-conflict humanitarian needs in the Gaza Strip and reform, security, and development priorities in the West Bank. Most of the pledged amount remains subject to congressional appropriation. In April 2009, the Obama Administration issued an FY2009 supplemental budget request that included $815 million in proposed appropriations— $665 million in bilateral assistance and $150 million in contributions to international organizations from the Migration and Refugee Assistance account—to benefit the Palestinians. The request also proposed a provision that could apply different conditions than those applied by previous FY2008 and FY2009 appropriations legislation to possible U.S. assistance to a Palestinian power-sharing government that includes Hamas. Additionally, in May 2009, the Administration issued details of a budget request calling for $500 million in bilateral assistance to
the Palestinians in FY2010.

Sickening. All our hard earned money going to support people who did this -

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan You have no empathy for the soverign nation of Israel who just wants to be left alone and not have to dodge daily rocket attacks and suicide bombers.

Breaking The Silence: Former Israeli Soldiers Call Gaza War Reckless
More than 1,400 Palestinians, including more than 900 civilians, were killed in the Gaza fighting, thousands of homes were destroyed and Gaza's infrastructure suffered heavy damage, according to Gaza health officials and human rights groups. Israel puts the death toll closer to 1,100 and says most were armed fighters. Thirteen Israelis also were killed, including three civilians who died from rocket fire.www.huffingtonpost.com...

1400 to 13...Not exactly the kind of proportional response that would secure anyone a moral high ground.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
1400 to 13...

Not for lack of trying on the part of the so-called palestinians.
Oh .. and huffington post? Not exactly unbiased, ya' know?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

1400 to 13...

So, you're disputing the figures?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

What I said was that the so called palestinians and hamas TRY to mass murder Israeli civilians every single day through rocket attacks and suicide bombers. If the so called palestinians didn't kill as many Israelis as Israelis killed so called palestinians, it's not for a lack of trying to kill them on the so called palestinians part.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

What I said was that the so called palestinians and hamas TRY to mass murder Israeli civilians every single day through rocket attacks and suicide bombers.

Somehow I got the impression that you were trying to dispute the figures by impugning the source...which question you never did answer, by the way.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

1400 to 13...

Lol, cause you had just previously added a Faux News video that apparently shows Palestinians dancing when the twin towers fell, but there's no proof at all it was filmed on the same day or related to the twin towers falling. Lets not mention the 5 Israeli's that were arrested after taping and being seen dancing after watching the towers fall.

Hamas is bad, not doubt about it, and the Palestinian people need to vote them out. But they were democratically elected. So they are not recognised by Israel and the West because they're classed as terrorists and so they do not recognise Israel because they see how Israel terrorises the Palestinians. And in the meantime innocent people die.

Anyone that's sending aid and breaking the blockade is doing good, regardelss of how we personally feel about their politics, our own politics or the politics of the people they're trying to help.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
Lol, cause you had just previously added a Faux News video

Lol, cause I have previously posted MULTIPLE sources .. not just Fox news.

CNN

MSNBC

FOX

that apparently shows Palestinians dancing when the twin towers fell,

Nothing 'apparent' about it. That's exactly what they were doing.

but there's no proof at all it was filmed on the same day or related to the twin towers falling.

Live broadcasts showing them dancing upon the news of America getting nailed ... live broadcasts on multiple stations ... that's proof.

Lets not mention the 5 Israeli's that were arrested after taping and being seen dancing after watching the towers fall.

I never forget that and would gladly join in a thread discussing the FACT that Israel knew that 9/11 was going to happen, but instead of stopping it and saving lives, they let it happen so that America would be brought into war against the radical muslims.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

A German TV studio also uncovered the truth that the woman and children dancing were being offered sweets and cakes and were rejoicing this. It had nothing to do with 9/11. Some additional footage from different angles was found.

www.youtube.com...

From looking at it from the different angle and seeing the woman being offered the cake while dancing, plus noting that the people in the background seem to not be interested. It does look like this video puts it to rest. Media manipulation at it's best.

And even if these few people were celebrating, it's hardly correct to assume the whole of Palestine or the whole of the Muslim world felt the same way. Similar to how we don't believe the Jewish people dancing in the streets of NY when Israeli was bombing Palestine earlier this year equates to every Jew or American supporting that.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
the woman and children dancing were being offered sweets and cakes

Your video shows ONE 'palestinian' woman who was being given bites of food while she was dancing with joy over 9/11. The video CLAIMS all the people in all the videos were given treats and that the woman in question later said she wished she hadn't done that.

No where do we see any alleged candy being given to these people
No where do we see the alleged remorseful statement from the woman.

There were A LOT of people celebrating .. honking horns .. giving victory signs ... shooting off their guns ... celebrating ... dancing ...

Those couple of german TV guys must have had A LOT of candy and must have had special super human powers to be able to get it to everyone all over the area like that.

That video of yours is propaganda. It was, rather poorly, put together to try to cover up the fact that the so called Palestinians were indeed acting in an uncivilized and barbaric manner that morning.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan Palestinians were indeed acting in an uncivilized and barbaric manner that morning.

Ok, but about my questions...are you disputing the figures of 1400 Palestinians dead (900 civilian) verses 13 Israeli (3 civilian)? Does this indicate to you a proportional response? And are you, indeed, impugning the figures because I had cited the Huffington Post?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

are you disputing the figures

I haven't bothered to verify or debunk.
I simply don't care because the figures don't matter.

ANY deaths that came upon the so called palestinians were deaths that they called down upon themselves by their ceaseless terrorist/rocket attacks and their unending suicide bomber attacks upon the soverign nation of Israel and it's civilian population.

The so called palestinians made their bed. Now they can lay in it.
The so called palestinians are reaping that which they planted.

Does this indicate to you a proportional response?

When people say that there has to be a 'proportional response' ... well it's pretty comical, not to mention absurd. :shk:

The entire purpose of hitting back is to hit harder then the other person. That way you ensure that they understand the situation and that they understand that they are morons for hitting somoene bigger and stronger.

Anyone who says there must be a 'proportional response' during a war situation is a complete and total idiot. That's how wars last for years and decades instead of getting it over and done with, and with as few hits upon your own people as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join