It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez, Galloway to break Gaza siege: Report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Chavez, Galloway to break Gaza siege: Report

www.presstv.ir

Outspoken British lawmaker George Galloway is planning a new aid convoy to the besieged Gaza Strip that would include Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez.

According to a report published by the Ma'an news agency, Galloway is currently in Egypt and is organizing a new solidarity convoy to Gaza - the Lifeline 2.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
If he really makes the trip, I'd be very impressed. DEspite being depicted as a dictator, he is a humanitarian and isn't afraid to put his life at risk to help the palestinians.
They truly deserve all the help they can get.

A friend of a friend went there not too long ago and what he saw at the israeli/border crossing was disgusting beyond words.
He went on to cross illegally to Gaza after emptying his bank account to give it all to the palestinians. I think we should all do their bits for the palestinians to regain their dignity.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Good on the both of them i say. The blockade does nothing for Israeli 'security' and does a lot for maintaining the closed borders and concentration camp style enforcement of the Palestinian people. To think that we allow such a rich and powerful country to operate in this way against a poor and defenceless nation of people that can no longer even feed themselves or support themselves economically, and yet still remain 'allies' with them, beggars belief. Israel is killing Palestine by making it slowly rot from the inside. I hope this gets a lot of media attention worldwide.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
www.presstv.ir

Chavez is a meglomaniac who is not as important as he wants to be so he's frustrated that his western-hemisphere dictator plans are not coming to frutation. And Galloway is a just nutter. NASA should stick them, along with media whore Cynthia McKinney, into the payload section of the next launch and blast them into space forever.

The source, PressTV, is just the mouthpiece for the corrupt Iranian government. It can't be trusted to tell the truth.

Originally posted by TheOracle
He went on to cross illegally to Gaza after emptying his bank account to give it all to the palestinians.

Your friend is a moron. He's been conned.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Galloway has always stood for the truth speaking in my world so im pleased to see him do this act, Chavez is tagging along is gonna be awesome. I couldnt imagine bush/obama doing such a thing for other people than their own countrymen so this is a brave move.

Kudos to all who support Palestinian people in need.

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

We could also hope there was a space aboard that space ship for you and your inhumane thoughts. I have watched you spread your not so christian thoughts on how other nations and other nations leaders are, but you have to remember pointing at someone also means that 3 fingers are pointing back at your self.

So go find a cave and sit in ill we have changed the world to something better please.

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
For those not familiar with Galloway, this is him:
I prefer people who are straightforward about their opinion than all these politicians with their lies.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

If that is the response from the radical left who have their heads in the sand .. then I'm doing something right.

hey .. I'll even throw in Cindy Sheehan with the bunch on their space flight. One more nut off the planet to raise the worlds collective IQ.

edited to add -

Originally posted by Mdv2
I prefer people who are straightforward about their opinion than all these politicians with their lies.

Well Mdv2 .. I gotta give ya' that one. He is straight forward.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Who said dictators don't care about freedom? Just as long as it's not the freedom of the people they rule over.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I'm afraid he's not doing this for humanitarian aid.Chavez wants allies in his want to fight America.I do not know why, but there are some people who actually want to fight people.Everything this man has done has been to try and cause anger at himself by the white house.

This is nothing more then another stunt by an old communist realizing his era is ending.

I'm telling you, it's not going to bode well. He WANTS to cause a war.

I can read his mind already.

He hopes Israel arrests him, He calls on Iran for aid, and he gets his ally.

What oh what will happen when Iran doesn't help him?

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
For those not familiar with Galloway, this is him:

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Mdv2]

wow lol

what a man

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I'm afraid he's not doing this for humanitarian aid.Chavez wants allies in his want to fight America.I do not know why, but there are some people who actually want to fight people.Everything this man has done has been to try and cause anger at himself by the white house.

This is nothing more then another stunt by an old communist realizing his era is ending.

I'm telling you, it's not going to bode well. He WANTS to cause a war.

I can read his mind already.

He hopes Israel arrests him, He calls on Iran for aid, and he gets his ally.

What oh what will happen when Iran doesn't help him?

um I am not sure what your point is.
What is the benefit for Chavez for marching with a palestinian humanitarian group? HE is only putting his life at risk. Everybody already know his support for palestine, he has nothing more to prove.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08
Who said dictators don't care about freedom? Just as long as it's not the freedom of the people they rule over.

One cannot help but notice that the government of the United States disapproves of any dictatorship that it does not either institute or prop up. Alumni of the School of the Americas come immediately to mind. Then we consider that real paragon of Democracy, Saudi Arabia. All those brutal regimes trained and inserted, or simply protected by the US garner nary a whimper from the Right. But let one Pinko thumb his nose at America cuz he has his own oil and doesn't have to kiss Yankee butt...well, he is obviously insane!!!

I have one word....Right.

Self edit to include Galloway's classic address to Congress:
brasschecktv.com...

[edit on 14-7-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I used to loathe Mr Galloway but the more I listened to him the more respect and admiration I have for him. I do not really approve of the combative way he slaughters all who try to debate against him but rather the passion and straight talking manner of his character. In my opinion, he is a red-hot poker in the flesh of the biased media and corrupt politicians and I respect that. Long may he continue!

Mr Galloway "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability”

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I find your statements full of cynicism!

I believe your are just jealous and used to hating an Chavez.

But that's okay, there's many such people.

Some hate dictators only because they aren't puppets.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dissemination
I used to loathe Mr Galloway but the more I listened to him the more respect and admiration I have for him. I do not really approve of the combative way he slaughters all who try to debate against him but rather the passion and straight talking manner of his character. In my opinion, he is a red-hot poker in the flesh of the biased media and corrupt politicians and I respect that. Long may he continue!

Do you know where that last quote you make comes from? It's what gorgeous George said to Saddam Hussein when he was brown nosing with the psychopath! George has a late night weekend radio phone in show on Talk Sport where he always shouts down and brow beats anyone who dares disagree with him.
Saying that, I still quite admire him mainly because of the way he stood up to the Washington senate when they accussed him of accepting bribes in the shape of barrels of oil. He also wiped the floor with Christopher Hitchens in a public debate which was, I think, held in New York.
Very charismatic but also very egotistical.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

He's not putting his life at risk. He's a leader.

He know that if Israel responds, he can ask Iran for help and he can have his little war with the west (but they won't). If Israel doesn't respond, he looks better to the world.

For him, it is a win win situation.

In the 20s, the mafia would go to charity organizations and give money to good people, to make the public look at them good. This does not make their evil side invisible.

PR trip.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Originally posted by Dissemination

Do you know where that last quote you make comes from? It's what gorgeous George said to Saddam Hussein when he was brown nosing with the psychopath!

For what it's worth...and we all know the media would never quote anything out of contexr...

He tells me of the time he returned from Iraq in 1994 to an unsurprising carpeting from the whips having told Saddam "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." Galloway has always claimed he was addressing the Iraqi public rather than the leader, and that it was most infelicitous to use "you" instead of "youse". www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think George Galloway is a legend. If you want someone to really tell you how things are George is your man. I agree the guy has an ego, but if you want an honest MP who hasn't fiddled the public expenses and who stands up for the causes we are all concerned with. He always raises questions on Iraq and Afghanistan and also on the current News of the World scandal. his show is the best on the radio imho.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I find your statements full of cynicism!

Probably. Chavez and Galloway have given us plenty to be cynical about.

I believe your are just jealous ...

Of what?

But that's okay, there's many such people.

Awww, thanks for the affirmation.
It's also okay that there are people with their heads stuck in the sand when it comes to these nutters ... there are many such people. (backatchya
)

Some hate dictators only because they aren't puppets.

odd statement.

Most hate dictators simply because they are dictators. Dictators do not believe in freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, or freedom of movement. Dictators steal from the productive and reward the lazy (redistribute wealth). Dictators stagnate economies as well as the productivity and enginuity of the human mind and spirit - all supposedly for the 'collective good' but in reality for the propping up of their own meglomaniacle standing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join