It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Fix Something You Have To Identify The Correct Target

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I used to repair electronic equipment. You can't just look at a circuit board and tell what is wrong with it. I had to gather data, compare that to how the equipment was supposed to work, make an informed guess at what to replace, replace it, and then re-test the equipment. If it still didn't work that meant I had selected the "wrong target."

I was recently trying to debug some web design code. I thought the problem was in a new page I had just written. But fiddling around with that page just gave me the same error. Finally, I looked at an old page I had just modified. I had to look in a textbook to identify my mistake. When I corrected it, the design worked as expected.

If one wants to fix something that isn't working well, one's first task is to locate the actual cause of the problem. In other words, "find the correct target."

What if you are trying to "repair" a human group, or a whole society? It's the same basic concept.

Of course, there could be more than one thing wrong. But even so, it can often be traced back to a single major failure, which then caused a "domino effect."

In an electronics system, a part has "50" written on it, but you suspect it. So you yank it out and measure it. It only measures "25". You could say that part was "lying" to you. It can be that way with people, too. They aren't always what they appear to be. I can test a part with a meter. How do you test a person, or a group, to find out whether or not it's really doing what it says it's doing?

The only real way is to find out what that person, or group, is really doing. Do your findings match what they say they are doing?

In a big group there are lots of people with little things to hide. But if you want to make a major change in that group, if you want to make it "work a lot better," your first step is to find the biggest lie.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Scientologists versus Psychiatrists: A Case Study

When you get into doing this for real, you will find there are limitations to how much truth you can actually dig up.

But I chose this particular example because it's important, because a lot of what psychiatrists have done is a matter of public record, and because I know something about Scientologists, having been involved with them for over 25 years.

Both these groups claim to be helping people.
What are some facts connected to these claims?

Psychiatrists have a long history of advocating "treatments" that are dangerous or fatal. Thousands of souls in their care have been murdered. This is a matter of record.

I do not know of any Scientologists who advocate such "treatments" and I do not know of anyone who died as a result of being treated by a trained auditor.

Per statistics found on Wolfram Alpha, U.S. psychiatrists made a gross income of $3 billion in 2003.

To my knowledge there are very roughly 150 Scientology organizations in the U.S. being operated by Scientologists. Their gross income potential very roughly is about $12 million per year each. That would be a $1.8 billion income potential per year in the U.S. Some sites "accuse" the church of making up to about $500 million per year and being nothing but money-grabbers. Hmm...

I have heard that psychologists and psychiatrists sometimes show up to counsel victims of major disasters. But do they ever dig in and get their hands dirty with the rescue work? Scientology volunteer ministers have helped disaster victims, fire fighters, and rescue workers in a documented 135 major disasters since 1994. They were there at 911 and got a commendation from the New York Fire Department for their work.

Many psychiatrists have been openly involved in barbaric political actions, such as the eugenics movement in Germany, the Russian psychiatric prisons, the ethnic cleansing movement in Bosnia, psychiatric slave camps in South Africa, and Arab terrorist groups.

I know of no Scientologist who has ever been involved with or condoned any such actions.

A respected psychiatric site, the Mayo Clinic, states:
"There's no specific identifiable cause of mental illness."
www.mayoclinic.com...=causes

And another psych info site states:
"In fact, you’d be hard-pressed to find a professional who talks openly about “cures” for mental illness."
psychcentral.com...

Yet these people claim to be the only experts in the field of mental illness.
Doctors find cures for real diseases all the time. So what's going on?

Per one Scientology site:
"The application of Scientology technology, developed by L. Ron Hubbard, can resolve the major social issues we face in the 21st Century, including drugs, illiteracy, the breakdown of moral standards and consequent soaring crime rates."
www.scientologyreligion.org...
Scientologists have and teach a technology, and a theory based on it.
Many have benefited from this technology, per their own testimony.

So how does this seem to you?
Which group seems to be doing the most lying?
Would the elimination of Scientology make a major improvement in society?
Would the elimination of psychiatry make a major improvement in society?
I haven't even scraped the surface of what psychiatry has actually done during the time it has been active on this planet.
But can even the list above compare in any way to the "crimes" Scientologists have been accused of?
Could it be most of those accusations are coming from the same liars?

You know what side I stand on.

This is a far-ranging and "controversial" subject. But you can apply these basic principles to any human situation.

Just find out who's doing the most lying. Your results should point you in the direction of the "correct target."

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Just as in a circuit board, without a schematic, the fact being, you may not have the information to make a decision or choice effectively, like trying to be talked through a commercial jet landing by air traffic controllers if you are not a pilot.

They are telling the truth in what you need to do, but without training and experience, odds are you would have better luck with a parachute, having but to pull the ripcord.

Here is an example of an internet article that states, to paraphrase, Christians are attacking each other online, effectively acting in sin against the teachings of biblical quotes such as love thy neighbor...

in the article, Don't Believe Everything You Read...,

It states:

anyone/everyone can post whatever they want to post on the Internet—unchecked, unverified, unaccountable, unhindered, and unstoppable. Rumors, gossip, baseless accusations, outright lies, fear-mongering, hate rhetoric, hoaxes, slander/libel, and false information now litter the Internet.
So today's word of advise from me to all of you is: BE CAREFUL!!!
Most tragic is how so-called "Christians" are contributing to this proliferation of misinformation and disinformation throughout cyberspace. It's almost beyond belief that individuals supposedly indwelt by the Holy Spirit could be partakers of such activity. But the facts show that a significant number of "Christian" blogs & websites have indeed become dedicated to attacking others; more specifically, dedicated to attacking other Christians!

If I were to consider what the author writes,
then I should not believe any of it because there is no verifiable mention of proof, sources or other validating information.

It is a lie, or it is true.

Just as your position shows psychiatrists/psychologists profit more and do more harm than scientologists,

As there has never been a "cure" for mental illness nor a biological/physiological test to confirm the existence of any ao called "mental diseases" except for confirming by vote what to call certain descriptions of symptoms, which is but a name that is then termed a disease,

There is no "cure" scientologists can conjur up either, at least in the western medicinal sense.

What we have here is arbitrary policy and biased reporting.
He amoung you who has not sinned, throw the first derrogatory remark.
Judge not lest ye be judged.
Go, and sin no more....

[edit on 14-7-2009 by imd12c4funn]

[edit on 14-7-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Star for your 1st post and Flag for the thread.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to assess your 2nd post as having selected the wrong target. And here is why....

1stly you state and I quote "Psychiatrists have a long history of advocating "treatments" that are dangerous or fatal. Thousands of souls in their care have been murdered. This is a matter of record." and I fully agree with you that this is A MATTER OF RECORD!

But then you try and compare it with your 25yr biased opinion!!!

:shk:
And I quote you on that here "I do not know of any Scientologists who advocate such "treatments" and I do not know of anyone who died as a result of being treated by a trained auditor."

Well of course you dont know any Scientologist who advocate such treatments as most of these treatments are medication based and well thats a no-no according to their ideology so thats a nonsequitur [i.e. a moot point!]. Then you also qualify that you don't know anyone who has died as a result of being treaded by a trained auditor" and I find this revealing info to be amazing since I simply put in "Scientology deaths" into google and was rapidly informed otherwise!

Personal Disclosure: Was it a case of really not knowing or more a case of not wanting to know?

P.S. www.lisamcpherson.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Very interesting points.

I have been examining society and looking for the "bad part." In mind experiments, I have "replaced" various pieces and "observed" what happens.

For many years, I have done this, and, after much effort, I have traced the cause of virtually all of the issues to an inability on the part of individuals to freely choose how they spend their time.

The constraint, the piece that holds the parts, the individuals, in thrall, is money. The vast majority of individuals are forced into patterns based on the need for money.

So, I thought, how do we get rid of money, and accomplishing that, what would it look like?

Looking at the world and its resources, it became clear that there is plenty for all of us. Way more than enough. The resources, however, are very badly managed. The distribution system is itself constrained by money, and specifically profit. So, though I do not have the expertise to develop the distribution system itself, I am certain there are those who both could and would be thrilled to do so. I am certain that, outside the constraints of money, the resources on this planet could be effectively distributed to all of us.

When I added a robotic element to the mix, again unconstrained by money issues, it became clear that we could create (if we have not yet done so) robots to handle all the jobs no one wanted to do - the jobs we do now, not because they are our bliss, but because we are constrained by the needs we have for which obtaining money is the only solution. The jobs we now are used as wage slaves to get done.

And if we can distribute the resources effectively, and have robots as the slaves, we can eliminate money, freeing us to spend our time with those we love and care for.

Freeing us to do as we choose.

And if we get rid of money...the only laws we would need would be the three true laws - to harm no one willfully, to leave others' belongings alone neither taking nor breaking them, and to defraud no one.

Even these laws would seldom be in need of enforcement. With all one needs and wants available, and the ability to spend time only with those one likes or loves, those who have the same beliefs and values, seldom will there be violence, vandalism, or lies.

There are other elements that enhance the function of such a paradigm, adding to its success. Energy in the world as it is now is what money accounts for, and would need to be addressed. And given that we can (and do in secret) extract the energy from the Universe, the Zero Point Energy, the energy from the plenum (vacuum), which is infinite and can be extracted at any point in space, the need to account for energy becomes moot.

This is the key to showing that we do not need money in this world.

Having contemplated these facts, it becomes clear that we could get rid of money, the primary issue in this world, and all of us live a life of abundance.

The next question is how to take these "experiments" from the mind into actual implementation. The next element to add is the interweb.

This tool would allow worldwide assessment of resources, bringing together those who understand the complexities of distribution, knowledge of resources and information, and a desire to put it together functionally.

But before that, it is the tool to bring awareness of the abundance paradigm. For without this awareness, the "experiment" and its results fall into obscurity and we continue to suffer in scarcity.

And the last tool, wrought by my own hand, is a picture of what it would look like in a world of abundance, as well as the steps to take to get there. The passing on of this information is the key to actually making it happen, and is a simple thing for anyone to do.

To access my tool, my book, please visit here:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you to all who choose to read, and especially to pass on, my ideas, the results of my experiment.

top topics

join