It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people on this forum make posts about ridiculous things with no viable proof/evidence? And wh

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

I totally agree about the wild claims and stupid stuff that people post about, but I think you picked the wrong example to use. There is lots of stuff posted on here that makes the UFO thing look rock solid. At some point you have to begin believing there is something to the UFO thing when former astronauts and high level government people come out and say its real.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Are you claiming that every evidence of UFO aircraft, and sightings are wrong?

What exactly are you talking about?

If you are claiming that there is nothing to the UFO phenomenon, not only are you wrong but i would like to find out exactly what sort of "conspiracy" you think should "only" be discussed....

Because I can tell you there is more real evidence that backs the UFO phenomenon than many other theories about certain conspiracies.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey

The thing is though, it is within human nature to be deceptive, greedy, selfish, and all those sort of traits (to one degree or another. Unless you're a monk or something). So I have an extremely hard time fathoming a whole group of people able to keep their mouths shut and their loyality tethered to such secrets when in reality, such secrets would be some of the most VALUABLE secrets in the world.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

Thats one point that bugs me about all the conspiracy theories. Ive spoken to some people about them, and most of the time they get hung up on the same point. HOW CAN SO MANY PEOPLE KEEP SUCH A BIG SECRET.

I honestly dont have an answer to this. Thats why their called conspiracy theories.

Maybe the info is compartmentalized or something, but even then how could so many people who would be in the know keep such a large secret for so many years, and generations.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

You do know that many people who have experienced first hand the UFO phenomenon and who worked for the government have come forward to tell us what they saw, and experienced?

We do have military personnel who after years of silence have finally come forward, not to name the astronauts who have also done the same thing, and other people who have come forward.

Are you two claiming these people are lying?....

[edit on 14-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

what proof do you have all the made up bs ..as you say isn't true?

where is your proof all of them aint rue ..in some sort of way?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
At first I was going to write this thread off as the ramblings of a blissful idiot. Then I started thinking, the OP may very well be an exceptional writer, able to mimic the style of one living in ignorant bliss.

Then I got mad and started thinking about SOHO's official response to the strange object heading towards the sun featured in a heavily responded to post last week. The PHD astronomers at SOHO said the object was "probably Mars or Venus."

That response is just as idiotic as the OP and proves just how asleep the average American is! The fact that a response from the best astronomers our country has to offer could include such an audacious claim (as if they had no idea precisely where each of the planets are at any given moment to the fraction of a kilometer) proves just how stupid they think everybody is.

The same thing happened yesterday when the woman overseeing the TARP funds said she had no idea to whom trillions of dollars of government money was given to.

I'm sick of the anti-ATS skeptics pretending to be fools. I see right through them. ATS is one of the only place that non-koolaid drinking people have to communicate.

OP, do yourself a favor and change your name and try again. Dork.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
If they can hide the production of Black Projects like U2, Stealth Bombers and Fighters, what makes you think they cant hide the truth about a secret goverments or knowledge of alien tech or lifeforms.

Compartmentalization of technology and of knowledge is easy to contain.

Because all those things you mentioned showed up on Popular Mechanics years before everybody else was "shocked!"

>> The KGB once quipped that they usually just read Popular Mechanics and didn't really need to spy all that hard.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So what allow people to let their ideas out and share their feelings. And whose to say there wrong? i mean granted there are alot of out of there ones, But its already been proven that the best place to hide stuff is in plain sight. I for one think there is waaayy more going on in the government and we all sense that.

And besides most of these peoples ignorant conspiracies usually have a very good general message of freeing your mind challenge authority bringing in a better mindset and new collective consciousness for the hopefully good future just some thoughts i felt like sharing.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If you really wanna learn the power of secrecy, then try research Skull and Bones

They are able to keep secrets because they pick people whom they know will be loyal. Some of the qualifications are:

*Religious upbringing and/or a persistent hang-up about some sort of philosophical ideal
    *Good current and future prospects
    *A "good education"
    *Being married
    *Demonstrating loyalty to another group
    *Powerful family relations
    *Powerful friends
    *An addiction, usually to hard drugs or fine living
    *A strong sexual libido
    *Some sort of personal fault which can be damaging to the person's career or public persona, such as a "checkered" past
    *Regularly-updated knowledge of the person's whereabouts

Racists, perverts and sociopaths are often encouraged to join these groups.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
Whats the point, really? It just seems like this place has always been absolutely crazy in terms of 'theories' and trying to figure out whats true and what isn't true. And after viewing this site over the course of a few years, I've come to actually disregard almost every single supposed ufo picture, video, and theory.

So seriously, now...Why even continue year after year with all this crazy stuff ranging from mars bases to planetary councils? And why believe someone who makes an account and pops some prophetic crap out of his ass which doesn't even make any sort of rational sense? How can people who can actually get up, sit on their ass infront of a computer, and actually converse like a normal human being be so gullible?

Honestly now.

Although I FULLY agree that there seems to be an infectious nature about many internet based/propagated theories and rumors, I do also at times believe that even some which come forth without proof are in fact truths. Not every factual nor true story has hardcore evidence with which to back it up or confirm it, as often times these stories emanate from witnesses who had no recording devices on them at the commencement of their experience, or they simply cannot attain satisfactory evidence due to the time, funds, and access required to obtain it.

In terms of any sort of Non-Terrestrial visitations to our lovely bit of the Solar System, if such a secret were to be kept, those keeping it would certainly know of the inevitable leakage of information which no doubt plagues nearly every classified subject of such a large and wide ranging nature. There are certain methods to counter such a known factor however, and the first and foremost technique involves the very real compartmentalization of programs and information which then require not only proper clearance and need-to-know to access, but also a granting of "Special Access" as well. This in effect allows any one person working with such information to only know what amounts to a post-paper shredded piece of the puzzle, and thus any form of leaks which come about due to potential loose lips will hopefully not jeopardize much in terms of National Security. In addition to such measures, and most certainly when dealing with a possible secret of such magnitude, misinformation is released so as to counter emanate leaks. This release of information serves to confuse people in its shrouding of the truth in extremely dense fog, and it also works to discredit anyone who decides to make even half-way legitimate claims.

I agree, there are some serious kooks out there who enjoy preying on the naive and ignorant, but somewhere inbetween all of the constant garbling and shouting there does in fact lie the truth and reality.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
If you really wanna learn the power of secrecy, then try research Skull and Bones

Racists, perverts and sociopaths are often encouraged to join these groups.

That last statement is basically what the OP is speaking about, as I fail to see how you would know such a thing as fact, or even attempt to pass it off as such. I honestly do not know a whole lot about the "Skull and Bones", because I personally do not even know anyone who attended Yale to begin with, let alone anyone who was a part of that society, but I do know that the latter statement which you made is very slanderous, and it could very well be an extremely disingenuous and ill-deserved accusation.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Brownsy

I agree to your statement. I always keep an open mind. What I do before I label something false or fake or lies. I first figure out evidence of both supporting and non supporting their ideas theories. I then put in my opinon using my commonsense and any knowledge I know of. I then ask others that have more knowledge then me in different areas.

My favorite quote is that their is alwasy something more then what meets the eye.

you can even listen to chinese and japanese martial arts. They blind fold themslves because they claim the eyes fool you. the reason is that you can easily look in the wrong direction and waste 2 seconds doing it. That 2 seconds your vernable to an attack. That is why they teach you to think with your ears and not your eyes. Your eyes can easily think it saw something in the corners of it's eyes but when you go look you will find out your eyes fooled you.

So I love to bring those things up. It shows that whatever you see think or hear of something their is always more to the story or event then what you know about.

that is why you seek knowledge and information / data on a daily bases. we learn more everyday.

That is only true if you have a open mind. If your closed minded your education stops at the college level. It will then never grow because of the close minded attitude.

so once I have my own enough proof. I would then go back to the source and ask about what he said the other time and look at it with a new view point. I then will make a decisions to label it as a lie or bs or know that it could happen but won't purse or spend anymore time but will keep it in the back of my mind incase any new events will plug in to the puzzle mystery.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Over the years stories have got mixed up.Infomation has been lost or twisted.People make things up and add new twists to on go going stories.Memebers of the us goverment have written about the truth but other members of the us goverment has released disinfomation to twist the truth into a lie.There are books and books on different subjects like aliens,ufos and conspiricies that seem to go on forever.Some people may wounder where the truth starts and the lies finish or when the truth finishes and the lies start.Its all one big mixing bowel.I can understand as to where your coming from.Truth be known.It will all be over very soon.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
For one thing, I'm not in denial that my government lies to me. It does. Big deal. I can't do anything about it but most likely it lies about it's reasoning to do certain things such as not repealing the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy or the reasons why it decides to use it's military power to back up other countries.

I do not believe, however, the government is holding back any information on ETs simply because it just seems more logical to assume ETs have not been visiting Earth at all. It seems more logical and reasonable to assume ETs do not have any sort of affiliation with any world government or happen to be visiting Earth as opposed to believing the world governments have this enormous coverup which as been going on for decades, centuries, etc.

See, the main argument is an argument which cannot be solved. It's a lot like trying to prove/disprove the existence of God. You can say there are tons and tons of pieces of evidence based off of shaking cameras, blurry/clear photographs, government papers, and even astronauts confessing things.

But I can say aliens do not have any part of our civilization simply because of fact that...A UFO isn't sitting on the front lawn of the white house. There are no grays waltzing down your street. We are not hailing Lord Xenu as our galactic leader for the year 2009.

The original questions I asked have been answered and I thank everyone for doing so. I visit this forum once every 6-7 months. It just astounds me how little it changes through the years ;P

I just want to make it clear though that I am not saying anyone is wrong. I am merely asking why and voicing my own opinions.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It seems to me that some people on ATS are close-minded to the logical and mundane explanations for some events. They want to believe the alternative explanation so badly that they will ridicule the logical explanation solely on the basis that it "the mainstream explanation".

Bit of a cop out response stating the obvious.You sure you aren't a little closed minded?

What you say about them who believe off the bat,is also used against those having experienced or have some other knowledge of.

[edit on 15/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ah, yes, I remembered something. One person mentioned the reason why physical evidence isn't being provided by members of the armed forces, along with their testimonies, is because doing so would be considered treason and they would be burned at the stake. Well, this is true but simply talking is enough to be considered treason.

A leak is one of the most dangerous things a government or organization could face. Mainly not so much because of public awareness but rather the possibility that enemies would have access to sensitive information. It's just a matter of security, of course.

So that is why I think the majority of folks who are speaking out, and members of the military, are either telling false claims or are somewhat misinformed. It could be very possible some of them have seen UFOs and know of their information, perhaps early prototypes for planes such as the B2 Spirit or similar aircraft.

Also, treason...Treason for something as big as this. It seems well-worth the repercussions. Do you honestly believe someone would not go to jail if they had the chance to reveal 'the truth', something so incredibly powerful it would shake the very foundation of our beliefs? It seems like a very small punishment...And anyone who would do that would be hailed as a hero by the people...and a traitor but their government.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There is no proof that et's exsist there is also no evidence that they don't exist, and if they don't then it's an awful waste of space, and frankly I think it's ignorant for us to assume we are the only intelligent life force in the universe. It's laughable.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am glad that there is a sort of cleansweep going on in ATS. A lot ofdiscussion taking place right now about what is and isn't sane talk. I think it is a great time to lay down some general ground rule about things that are being posted. With some ground rules we can torpedo any crap that isn't sane. For instance; I think we should open one single topic about grey's and discuss any information about them to find out wether they actually exist. So far it always runned down with claims that they had to exist even in teh face of plausible disproof of so-called 'evidence'.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There is a HUGE piece of evidence for what I am saying in the skies above you. Look up around 1:00 AM EST and you will see it. It heralds Maitreya and I hate him with a passion.

I'm only trying to be earnest here. I guess some people just have to learn the hard way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join