It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people on this forum make posts about ridiculous things with no viable proof/evidence? And wh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
People post ridiculous claims on ATS because there are equally ridiculous people to believe them.

It's a vicious cycle, but eventually, one good cult should knock 'em all out of the equation.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hi. Haven't read every response. Just a comment to the OP. I don't mind when people post crazy theories. It opens our minds, even when it is ridiculous. What bothers me is the attitude of some posters when they post these theories and think anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid/foolish or has an "agenda." It's just ridiculous to respond to such posts.

Not surprisingly, half of them are political.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

Colonel Phillip Corso wrote a book on what he knew,he is now deceased and maintained up to his death what he said was true.
Yet he is ridiculed by MSM in documentary form,ie; roll out the experts once again,why are they so bothered?
However, unlike Bob Lazar his background could not be ignored,so he ends up as being something like,yes he had position and influence,but he was basically a dickhead---does that sound familiar?
Corso's story is fantastic if true,it's up to you to decide.
Book review here,

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
LIke others have said, I don't care if people post crazy stuff. I don't have to believe them, and I don't unless they can provide decent proof. This isn't a court of law where somebody is innocent (or correct) until proven otherwise. It's the other way around. I always assume somebody is lying or mistaken until they or somebody else can offer proof for their claims.

If they can't, well, that's their problem, not mine.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
if you dont like a thread.

don't post in it.

quite a simple system really....

If somebodys thread makes you annoyed or angry then thats a problem that YOU have not the random poster....grow up and stop getting so upset by words....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Omg, we should only have like 1 of these threads made by a mod or something.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I come here mainly for the UFO topics.

But it is fun and highly entertaining to see the 9/11 conspiracy theories along with the NWO ones. I need a good laugh every now and then.

It's a conspiracy theory forum. It's a place of insane ideas and misinformation. Sit back and enjoy.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin
if you dont like a thread.

don't post in it.

quite a simple system really....

If somebodys thread makes you annoyed or angry then thats a problem that YOU have not the random poster....grow up and stop getting so upset by words....

It's not a case of getting 'upset' it's a concern of others seeing that as the norm and being influenced by it or the wrong message/ information being presented / broadcast as the truth when that is clearly not the case.

So you can't understand why, if for example someone started a pro-Nazi thread on here and someone felt strongly about it or any issue for that matter on a site that you frequent why they might want to respond and
give their account / reasoning for thinking otherwise.
That is the idea of a forum, after all, an exchange of views and opinions.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

My East or West could be somebody else's North or South so it would be a little hard to tell you exact coordinates, especially when the thing MOVES out of a specific place. My East right now way out place to be any planet especially that low on the horizon. I'd say about 30 degrees above horizon line or lower than that sometimes or sometimes even higher. I can't give a specific location because it does what it does. I've already ruled out Venus because Venus is not visible where it currently has been appearing. Sirius may be bright but this thing is brighter than that and changes too many colors and again the position is off. Please take this with sincerity. I'm not trying to kid or provoke anyone but if you would look out for this thing you would see I'm only trying to be sincere. It's the Anti-Christ star heralding the Anti-Christ Maitreya. Please, I'm not trying to sell a book or make any money or push my beliefs on you. I'm telling the truth. I will not swear to God or any of that. Only that I am telling the truth. So to put it secular: THE STAR IS REAL.

link   
reply to post by pmexplorer

so you want to control what people post?

aren't people free to say what they like?

just because you dont like or agree with what somebody posts does not give you or anyone the right to say they cant say it period.

link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

So the "sample world currency" is something to laugh at. If anything it says those people are beginning to look right wouldn't you say?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
People have come out with information, but because of hoaxers and disinformation most aren't taken seriously. Even claims from people most would deem credible are dismissed (military pilots, airline pilots, police officers). Cover-ups are a fact of life. What they are actually hiding is what's being debated.

Here is my favorite way of putting it. 400yrs ago we thought the world was flat, 100yrs ago didn't even know other galaxies existed, 40yrs ago man walked on a foreign celestial body(proving it could be done), 10yrs ago we discovered planets orbiting other stars. History shows us that as humans, as evident in teenagers, think we know everything. It takes a major discovery to change those beliefs. I guess the exo-planet hunters should have stopped looking because for decades/centuries people made claims of exo-planet findings that were later found to be false, misunderstood, or hoaxed all together? Where would our understanding of the universe be now if we had done that?

Do I believe other life exist? Yes, I'm an amateur astronomer and when I'm not looking at the stars or posting on ATS, I'm studying astronomy. Do I believe everything that gets posted on ATS, hell no. That doesn't stop me from looking though. As they say, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ok bud, you think that they'd allow cameras in area 51 eh I don't think so, also, I've been on this site now for about 9 months and I see more people not believing than those that are believing in conspiracy

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Honestly - if the only threads posted were:
1) Incredibly well researched articles, with links to referenced sources
2) Videos showing beautifully captured evidence of (insert your choice of ALT stuff here _____)
3) Scientists exclaiming scientists erm cool science stuff
4) NASA guys describing their juicy NASA space secrets stuff
5) Aliens posting incredibly erm Alien stuff (hopefully in their own language complete with weird Alien hieroglyph things)

Well - first of all there would not be many posts, secondly it would not be an Alternative News Site - because if this type of stuff was really posted here with irrefutable evidence and testimony... well it'd make CNN and BBC in 1 minute flat and all the Consipracy Sites would get lots of traffic (and crash) and then get lots of traffic again... but then it would go mainstream and all the alternative news sites would diminish and die and that would be sad.

So what do we expect... well I expect exactly what we get:
Rainbow Ladies, Statues of Angels from the Moon (one of my favorites!), teeny tiny objects in vast expanses of sky, photos of completely ordinary things with teeny tiny blurs, seagulls captured flying past the lens that look vaguely like erm seagulls, Saturn in the night sky (LOL), Venus (similarly shining like - well Venus in the night sky), occasionally Mercury, CGI (however less than we think really), crop circles shaped in all kinds of fruity flavors, NWO stuff posted by 7 year olds... it's all great fun...

But for all this - we STILL come back for more - both the interested, the insane and the just plane lame.

Because occasionally - and I mean really really occasionally we actually get a post here that allows us to take off our tin foil hats and sit back and wonder. We look at the sky and wonder, or we watch that person in a black suit with glasses and we wonder.

Like our predecessors looking at the sun set and the moon rise - we are made to wonder, but instead of looking up at the sky or into the wood burning fire, we look at the phosphorous glow of our LCD screens and wonder.

Without wonder - where would we be?

But I digress... when I read the first post I have to ask the question: Just how many Monks are out there? I mean being a Monk is pretty lame compared to a Priest or a Preacher... especially those Monks who vow silence and stuff.... and wear brown robes with rope sashes... somebody answer THAT question please.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

So the "sample world currency" is something to laugh at. If anything it says those people are beginning to look right wouldn't you say?

zomgies

you're right

RUNS FOR YOUR LIFEZ

ZAHGAH

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
Whats the point, really? It just seems like this place has always been absolutely crazy in terms of 'theories' and trying to figure out whats true and what isn't true. And after viewing this site over the course of a few years, I've come to actually disregard almost every single supposed ufo picture, video, and theory.

So seriously, now...Why even continue year after year with all this crazy stuff ranging from mars bases to planetary councils? And why believe someone who makes an account and pops some prophetic crap out of his ass which doesn't even make any sort of rational sense? How can people who can actually get up, sit on their ass infront of a computer, and actually converse like a normal human being be so gullible?

Honestly now.

Your growing into a logical person. Conspiracy theories are fun to debate about; however, they also cause people to talk in loops. What drives me nuts is the whole illogical aspect of conspiracies. Even though a logical answer is presented, (or proven to be true), there are always those who dismiss truth. UFOs represent the modernization of older stories, which have captivated people's interests for decades. Until absolute evidence is found by the public, aliens fall into the same category as witches, vampires, and werewolves.

Do I believe aliens exist on other planets? Sure I do.

Do I believe aliens visit and abduct modern man? No.

Do I believe there are collations between older civilizations and aliens? Possibly.

One of the greatest flaws to the whole UFO and alien visitation schema is that there is NO proof. Most of the photo evidence, film footage, and human testimonials are based upon subjective interpretation. 95.5% of UFOs caught on film are blobs of shaky light. When this information is put under scrutiny, the evidence fails due to technological limitation, distance between viewer and object, and misconception of what is being seen. Most of the time people are seeing a plane, military craft, or a bird. Its similar to a cult phenomenon, which its followers lack any rational reasoning. Once someone brings up solid evidence to debunk alien involvement, the community gets into an uproar about tainted information.

You can also call it a cash cow. UFO Conspiracy groups take advantage of naive people, so they can make serious cash off of ignorance. If you take the moon base logic as an example, someone made an entire film about the presence of UFOs on the moon's surface. Its all a lie. Anyone with a degree in film, design, or photography can doctor evidence, and then paste it into film form. When you approach someone who believes in UFOs with logical evidence, they will call you a government liaison.

Does anyone in these forums have absolute proof that aliens exist? I am talking about rock solid evidence in the form of a corpse or craft. Even though they don't have evidence, they are willing to buy into that shaky video of light.

Its very sad.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sure this forum needs more legitimacy, but hey. The hardcore believers can be ridiculous but the hardcore skeptics are no better. I've posted a thread and got the title of the thread ripped apart by members here until a mod came into verify that my thread was relevant and accurate. It was directly from NASA's website word for word.

I'm starting to think hardcore skeptics are just as uninformed as hardcore believers. The believers will believe anything, and the skeptics won't give it a chance even if it hit them in the face.

No matter which one people choose to be, they ends up choosing a theory that requires them to think less.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin
reply to post by pmexplorer

so you want to control what people post?

aren't people free to say what they like?

No need to take my post out of context just to post a reply.
Show me where I said anything to the contrary or used the
words 'control' or 'stop/deny'.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
1. It's a test bed for the general gravy train that is 'alt' news
2. LOT of religious people in here and by nature they are (will stop myself before the post gets modded)

By the way... Swine Flu vaccine will be mandatory and administered at gunpoint! Not only that but your future children will be deformed, autistic AND gay! Can it get worse? YES. Not only that but your own genome will morph into that of a rabid pig for approximately two years at which time your organs will liquefy and projectile spew from your nostrils. You're all DEAD! -buy my book and save yourselves $29.95

OMG can I buy your book through Amazon? but you are trying to save the human race why not charge $ 49.95.

make sure the grammar is good though, above 6th grade level atleast.
/sarcasm>

best post i've seen in awhile.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Arsenis]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
Whats the point, really? It just seems like this place has always been absolutely crazy in terms of 'theories' and trying to figure out whats true and what isn't true. And after viewing this site over the course of a few years, I've come to actually disregard almost every single supposed ufo picture, video, and theory.

You know, I think people like the freedom to say what they think, regardless of whether it meets anyone's personal specifications for worthiness. It's kind of like standing in the middle of nowhere and screaming your lungs out even though nobody is listening.

That's the whole goodness about free speech and also, why many find the notion offensive.

But on the other hand, in the end, it may only be a matter of opinion. Do you suppose that just maybe, someone, somewhere would feel the same about your bit of thought?

Nah... probably not, lol!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join