It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people on this forum make posts about ridiculous things with no viable proof/evidence? And wh

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Whats the point, really? It just seems like this place has always been absolutely crazy in terms of 'theories' and trying to figure out whats true and what isn't true. And after viewing this site over the course of a few years, I've come to actually disregard almost every single supposed ufo picture, video, and theory.

The main reason is because of how people try to back up their claims. Almost every theory is a conspiracy built upon a conspiracy. Like, just sit and try to think of this..Basically, what a lot of people are saying is that...A whole government, maybe even several governments, have people who are aware of some sort of extra-terrestrial presence and government research programs and that they are able to keep these things under absolute wraps.

The thing is though, it is within human nature to be deceptive, greedy, selfish, and all those sort of traits (to one degree or another. Unless you're a monk or something). So I have an extremely hard time fathoming a whole group of people able to keep their mouths shut and their loyality tethered to such secrets when in reality, such secrets would be some of the most VALUABLE secrets in the world.

So if such secrets existed I have no doubt someone would try to steal those secrets and sell them off to the highest bidder. And the alien theories have been stretching back for almost 50-60 years now (with a lot of people saying it's been going way back). But if this were the case, someone would have said something by now. And I say this simply because...Dead people have nothing to fear or care about. Someone would have said something near the end of their life which would give everything away. Either that, or someone would have found out based on things left behind by said deceased.

Regardless of the scandal and who does it, these are always brought to light at some point or another. It doesn't matter if it's some government goon cheating on his wife or some weapons smuggler selling weapons to extremist groups (when in reality most of his funding happens to come primarily from the United States). And the thing is, I can prove these statements because they have happened. The paperwork is there, the testimonies are there, these things REALLY did happen.

And the thing is, you do have people from the military coming out with information about aliens, moon bases, everything. But how come is it that almost all of these people simply talk about it rather than showing any proof? Schematics of a moon base, photographs of the construction of moon base modules, interior photographs of Area-51, all this stuff. If they're able to leak information vocally, without repercussion, then why can't they do the same with actual tangible pieces of evidence?

And you can say 'Well, the reason why the government doesn't do anything to stop them afterward is because they are trying to play it off as not being true by not having him arrested for leaking said information'. And while this -can- make sense, because it is a good tactic should it ever be true, it simply makes more sense to believe the most obvious reason behind it: the fact the guy is spitting out bull# and no action needs to be taken.

So seriously, now...Why even continue year after year with all this crazy stuff ranging from mars bases to planetary councils? And why believe someone who makes an account and pops some prophetic crap out of his ass which doesn't even make any sort of rational sense? How can people who can actually get up, sit on their ass infront of a computer, and actually converse like a normal human being be so gullible?

Honestly now.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

[edit on 14-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy forum. It's nice to hear other peoples ideas and theories, even if there is no evidence to back it up. It also makes me feel a little less crazy

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It gets the back and forth going, a brainstorming thing I guess. As an example, if I think I saw a thylacine eating out of my garbage can I could get on here and post my experience and hear back from other people who could tell me what it probably was through my description or share there common experiences. I wouldn't have pictures or anything just my story. That is how everything gets started, if the post is not going anywhere it will stop and another one that might starts.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by System
It's a conspiracy forum. It's nice to hear other peoples ideas and theories, even if there is no evidence to back it up. It also makes me feel a little less crazy

Contrariwise, it makes the rest of humanity think you are even crazier!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by suomichris

mostly because due to the forum's very nature, it attracts all the nuts and fantasy-prone ignorance peddlers that make up virtually all of the conspiracy scene and most of the UFO scene.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If they can hide the production of Black Projects like U2, Stealth Bombers and Fighters, what makes you think they cant hide the truth about a secret goverments or knowledge of alien tech or lifeforms.

Compartmentalization of technology and of knowledge is easy to contain.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

bingo
excellen post ezappa

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Although there is no doubt a lot of nonsense posted here (and everywhere on the internet for that matter), I know that speaking for myself, hearing some of these "crazy" stories has helped me open up to the possibility that just becuase something doesn't have mountains of supporting evidence, or may seem "crazy", doesn't automatically mean it isn't true, or atleast doesn't contain some elements of truth.

Just my 2 cents worth, anyway

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
If they can hide the production of Black Projects like U2, Stealth Bombers and Fighters, what makes you think they cant hide the truth about a secret goverments or knowledge of alien tech or lifeforms.

We have nothing to hide from the public, but the public needs to be hidden from itself.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
It gets the back and forth going, a brainstorming thing I guess. As an example, if I think I saw a thylacine eating out of my garbage can I could get on here and post my experience and hear back from other people who could tell me what it probably was through my description or share there common experiences. I wouldn't have pictures or anything just my story. That is how everything gets started, if the post is not going anywhere it will stop and another one that might starts.

Ya, okay. But, honestly, some of the people on here should probably not be hearing from others who've had similar experiences, since it just feeds their delusions. They need to seek help from a certified health care provider. (I'm not being factitious...)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

i can guarantee they didn't hide any of those things adequately enough to fool everyone. the general public sure, but dont underestimate soviet intelligence. I can pretty much guarantee the head of the KGB knows more about the US's black projects than any single individual in the US military. They weren't called the world's most powerful intelligence agency for nothing. Hell, they had the plans for the first american atomic bomb rather shortly after it was used. You have no idea how closely guarded that secret was.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
reply to post by suomichris

mostly because due to the forum's very nature, it attracts all the nuts and fantasy-prone ignorance peddlers that make up virtually all of the conspiracy scene and most of the UFO scene.

A sad, true fact. Like the rainbow lady: www.youtube.com...

Important disclaimer: The rainbow lady, despite my moniker for her, has absolutely no idea how rainbows work.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by suomichris

Important disclaimer: The rainbow lady, despite my moniker for her, has absolutely no idea how rainbows work.

oh. my. god.

I have seen so many idiots and heard so many moronic theories ever since my UFO experience which got me interested in this subject... but holy # that takes the cake.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
1. It's a test bed for the general gravy train that is 'alt' news
2. LOT of religious people in here and by nature they are (will stop myself before the post gets modded)

By the way... Swine Flu vaccine will be mandatory and administered at gunpoint! Not only that but your future children will be deformed, autistic AND gay! Can it get worse? YES. Not only that but your own genome will morph into that of a rabid pig for approximately two years at which time your organs will liquefy and projectile spew from your nostrils. You're all DEAD! -buy my book and save yourselves $29.95

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Well, these cases are totally different, for one. These projects were INTERNAL: they started within the US military, and there they stayed until their reveal. Aliens landing everywhere on the globe, kidnapping people, etc., is not something that can be contained in the same way, as it takes far more coordination, and some sort of secret, behind-the-scenes agency that surpasses world governments to do the work.

Not saying this isn't possible, just that it isn't analogous to internal projects.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale

oh. my. god.

I have seen so many idiots and heard so many moronic theories ever since my UFO experience which got me interested in this subject... but holy # that takes the cake.

Yeah, she has another great one where she points a camera at her house and talks about how it is moving, even though it is TOTALLY NOT MOVING AT ALL. That one is good fun.

Link: www.youtube.com... (oh, and I forgot the name of this video until just now, which is adorable: "HAARPS? PRESSURE FIELD OF WAVES")

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Pie.

When it comes down to it, it has all got to do with pie. Pie like to eat it, just because pie eats away very good and it comes in different tastes so people can choose.

Yes, pretty much all people on this forum posting about moon bases, crop circles made by aliens. Alien abductees, invasion plans and interstellar wars are in some part insane or just delussional. They live partly in a fake world and need an exhaustpipe, ATS is that pipe. But remember, they all probably love pie just as much as you.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Ya, okay. But, honestly, some of the people on here should probably not be hearing from others who've had similar experiences, since it just feeds their delusions. They need to seek help from a certified health care provider. (I'm not being factitious...)

I agree, and on many boards I've seen people offer that this could be a medical condition providing links to places they could get help if needed. Also, several boards put that out there as a 'rule this out first' sort of thing. There's nothing you can do about that sort of thing, you can't pre-screen someone's post to block the mentally delusional ones and, even if you could I would be offended if they did because they have every right to make posts like we do. Also, the posts from someone who may be in that sort of condition are still hundreds of times better then the ones who come on here and post about them playing go fish with God and, since they let God win he gave them powers to see through capri sun packages, those are the annoying ones.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy

I agree, and on many boards I've seen people offer that this could be a medical condition providing links to places they could get help if needed. Also, several boards put that out there as a 'rule this out first' sort of thing. There's nothing you can do about that sort of thing, you can't pre-screen someone's post to block the mentally delusional ones and, even if you could I would be offended if they did because they have every right to make posts like we do. Also, the posts from someone who may be in that sort of condition are still hundreds of times better then the ones who come on here and post about them playing go fish with God and, since they let God win he gave them powers to see through capri sun packages, those are the annoying ones.

Wait, god gives away powers for beating him at Go Fish! Must set up an appointment.

And I'm not advocating for censoring folks or anything, I'm just saying, it might not be a good thing. They can do it all they want, and there will be people like me telling them they are nut jobs, and others talking about how they can totally see through juice boxes after reading your post.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

Quote!

And the thing is, you do have people from the military coming out with information about aliens, moon bases, everything. But how come is it that almost all of these people simply talk about it rather than showing any proof? Schematics of a moon base, photographs of the construction of moon base modules, interior photographs of Area-51, all this stuff. If they're able to leak information vocally, without repercussion, then why can't they do the same with actual tangible pieces of evidence?

Because they will be hung, drawn and quartered then shot at dawn or at the least spend 50 yrs slammed up if they produce military owned evidence be it photos or papers regarding the above subject as it is treason and treachery.

(Treason!) a crime that undermines the offender's government disloyalty by virtue of subversive behavior.

(Treachery!) an act of deliberate betrayal.

Its all to easy to debunk spoken words but if you produce the physical well thats another story?

Your right about some of the crack pot fractions and nut jobs that hang aound and latch on to the UFO phenomenon but they have always been there since the 60s, its gone from go hug a tree to go hug an ET!.

Anyway where did I put my tin foil hat??

[edit on 043131p://f50Tuesday by Bob Down Under]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join