It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots 'fired' at blue sphere UFO over Fort Lewis, WA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That a cadet died while on a night land nav course is likely not related. These sorts of deaths are not unknown. Individuals do have accidents while moving through training areas in the dark. Consider that this cadet was 19. He would have been extremely green, and more likely to make a poor choice.

As for the 'shooting at the UFO', I find it interesting that the civilian witness stated that he had 'never' seen tracers at night. Night qualifications are regularly done on major posts such as Lewis. Anyone that lives near a post such as this would, or should be used to seeing tracers ricochet up when night quals are done. That is one of the things you observe when you do a night firing, even with a good backstop, you have many ricochets.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The First Rule Of Conspiracy Theory

Originally posted by Viking04
That a cadet died while on a night land nav course is likely not related.

Perhaps it isn't, but the fact that Cadet Miller was reported missing at about the same time as this sighting is one hell of a coincidence. And, of course, there are no coincidences.

It's terrible to hear that this young man died for whatever reason, but some more details about the cause of and circumstances surrounding his death might well shed new light on this intriguing mystery.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

The line of duty investigation will determine a cause. The question is, if the LOD arrives at the mundane cause, will it be accepted, or will 'coverup' be shouted to the heavens?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
They only 'target' the benevolent... It is going to get so much stranger in the coming months and years, we are already over due for complete disclosure because of the mess ups and the negative malevolent control which wants to maintain the status quot as long as possible.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Second Rule Of Conspiracy Theory

Originally posted by Viking04
The line of duty investigation will determine a cause. The question is, if the LOD arrives at the mundane cause, will it be accepted, or will 'coverup' be shouted to the heavens?

I think we both know the answer to that already: it's always a coverup.

Without knowing more, it would be premature to assume anything other than that this is a rather strange set of events. However, just as this is most likely a case of a training exercise gone wrong and nothing more, there is always a possibility that it is something more.

And that's what makes ATS so much fun.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

I think we both know the answer to that already: it's always a coverup.

And that's what makes ATS so much fun.

I agree whole-heartedly. Occam's Razor is perpetually dull here, eh?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If tracers were seen being fired at it and Ft. Lewis was right there, it was more than likely military fire. Average "rednecks" aren't going to be able to get tracers. They are reserved for military use, although some licensed machine gun owners can purchase them , they are very controlled. Might have been a sentry that was spooked. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

It is more likely that tracers were just going up from usual range activity. Someone who lives near the post and claims to have 'never' seen tracers before has shown themselves to be a lousy judge of what is being seen. Further, live ammo wandering around a post that may be 'fired at a UFO' is an something for Range Control to look into, (and perhaps CID).

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
Mufon Eyewitness Report

On 7/10/2009 I my husband and I went to bed around 1:30 am we were in bed for a few minutes and we heard a weird dat dat dat noise that was substantially loud, we live off of Fort Lewis and are used to the noise associated with the fort but in 9 years I have NEVER had them randomly start shooting off at 1-2 in the morning.
I got up and looked out the window to try and put an object to the noise (was it a horse caught in a fence or kicking at a barn wall, fire works? what was it) I didn't see anything so I went back to bed about 1-2 minutes later we heard it again but this time their were three different rounds of ammunition so my husband got up and looked out the window and said it was coming from Fort Lewis, he went back to bed a minute later it went off again and I got out of bed and my husband got out of bed we went to two different windows and looked outside, I had to view that was pointing to the Fort I saw "tracers" from the ammunition that was being shot from Fort Lewis, I thought that was odd, again in 9 year I have NEVER seen tracers off of ammunition from the fort.
I continued to look outside and saw a blue spherical ball of light in the sky darting around and zig zagging through the sky it was very apparent that someone (weather it was Fort Lewis or a private party I don't know) was trying to "shoot down" this thing from the sky.
The object was in the sky for about 10 seconds (that I saw) and it disappeared, just vanished once it was gone the shots stopped and we didn't hear anything for the rest of the night.
In the morning I went to work (traveling North bound on 8th ave s) and as I drove by Fort Lewis I saw they had large wooden crates (7x7x5) with large yellow WARRNING signs tapped to the front of them that they were loading up onto army truck I don't know if this has anything to do with "someone" trying to shoot down the bouncy ball of light or not but found it to be odd.

Other than this eyewitness report I can find no other information at this time.

FIRST of all like another Person Said there are many Night Fire Qualifacation courses going on at night, hell i see it all the time. on top of that Ft. Lewis is Home to a Ranger Battalion and 1st Special Forces Group they are always training they do not care what time it is if they want ot go to a shooting range then so be it they will go so for her to live so close to Ft. Lewis and not be able to hear random shooting at 1-2am is complete bull. Next how can she identify 3 different rounds that late at night also not living on post. makes no sense at all, also considering that the army has a vast array of different calibers of ammunition how can she tell the three apart especially at such long range? the last time i checked the closest Off Post House or Apartment is around 1-1.5miles away from any gate for security reasons.

next for laughs if she has never seen a tracer round in 9 years come from Ft Lewis wow she must be blind or has never seen a tracer round in her life so that brings me to my next point if she has never seen one in 9 years can one only believe what you see in the movies? my idea of tracers was completely different before i joined the army and i have shot many of them. that leads me to a question was it a constant flow of tracers? or was it just 1 or 2 here or there?
Next there is no Gate on 8th Ave south i have been at ft lewis for a couple years now there is absolutley there that is public access so for her to be out that way and just happen to see people loading up a box(s) with specific dimensions is absurd they wouldn't load that in plain sight even if it did happen, they would keep it completely under wraps, also where there big red "Flammable" stickers on the side of it? was the truck bed Exposed? it was probablly an ammo truck

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
(CONTINUED) hauling off Dunage (spent ammo casings) back to an ammo factory to get recycled

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
These types of reports just make me cringe, am I too sympathetic to the Intracelestrials?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
And we wonder why they won't land and try to make contact!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I tried to find something on that UFO thing in Fort Lewis... more strangely I found this:

News Yahoo

FORT LEWIS, Wash. – An ROTC cadet has died in a night ground navigation exercise at Fort Lewis in Washington.

The Army says 19-year-old Daniel N. Miller was reported missing at 2 a.m. Thursday and searchers found his body at 9:15 a.m.

Wow. At first this story was just a little interesting. Now I'm really shocked.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim1989
The Air Force shoots unknown things all the time. How many cases do we hear of pilots being ordered to shoot down these balls of light only to have them fly loops around the pilots, disappear or have the planes electronics fail.

In the last two years, can you list ten cases where this has happened?

If it happens 'all the time', then you won't have a problem with the list.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join